+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 66 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent

Re: America's Got Talent

okay...anyone watching this tonight? The chick with the long white braided hair just sang Opera-Ava Maria...wow wow wow

I thought the parrot was pretty cool! I was suprised at how clear he was. The Silhouettes were also neat. The last guy who "blew up" the sticks was such a cute bumpkin.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict View Post
    okay...anyone watching this tonight? The chick with the long white braided hair just sang Opera-Ava Maria...wow wow wow
    Wowza. I did not expect that voice to come out of that quiet girl. I don't know where she chanelled that from, but yeah....wow.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Wowza. I did not expect that voice to come out of that quiet girl. I don't know where she chanelled that from, but yeah....wow.
    I was pretty impressed by her range... boy, she can sure hit the low notes!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I thought the parrot was pretty cool! I was suprised at how clear he was. The Silhouettes were also neat. The last guy who "blew up" the sticks was such a cute bumpkin.
    The silhouettes were pretty unusual, they music and story connecting with their motions what impressive...hope they go far, it will be intersting to see how they "change it up" and build for a Vegas worthy performance.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict View Post
    The silhouettes were pretty unusual, they music and story connecting with their motions what impressive...hope they go far, it will be intersting to see how they "change it up" and build for a Vegas worthy performance.
    I was surprised to see that none of the judges have ever seen this done before. There was a group that became fairly well known in the past decade or so that did this. They were all over TV for a spurt there and were much better. I remember their elephant distinctly. They were all adults and created amazing images.

FORT Fanatic

Re: The opera singer (Ava Maria)...WOW, she's incredible. If she doesn't win, I still think she'll be signed to a record contract, or someeone will contact her about appearing on Broadway.

That's what I love about this show...it's an avenue for people to be "noticed" that might not normally get the chance.

Some of the other acts are cute, but I can't see them winning or headlining a show in Vegas. (I live here so I see the kinds of show that do well). This is a great season so far.

This last episode was really great. I always record each show so I can FF through all the garbage/filler stuff. So many great acts! Even the little tiny boy dancer was great, although I disagree with letting really young kids try out for these shows.
    The Ave Maria girl: - Wow!
    And I was surprised how much I was impressed with the cute nerdy guy who used the sticks instead of dominos. You betcha!
    Hubby and I actually watched 3 shows tonight, one right after the other, so I'm not sure which episode it was on but that adorable "fierce' guy who sang the LAdy Gaga song was quite impressive. What a great voice.
    Had to close my eyes with the knife throwing cowboy and the man jumping into the kiddie pool. Glad all were ok. Don't want to see blood and guts.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    This last episode was really great. I always record each show so I can FF through all the garbage/filler stuff. So many great acts! Even the little tiny boy dancer was great, although I disagree with letting really young kids try out for these shows.
    The Ave Maria girl: - Wow!
    And I was surprised how much I was impressed with the cute nerdy guy who used the sticks instead of dominos. You betcha!
    Hubby and I actually watched 3 shows tonight, one right after the other, so I'm not sure which episode it was on but that adorable "fierce' guy who sang the LAdy Gaga song was quite impressive. What a great voice.
    Had to close my eyes with the knife throwing cowboy and the man jumping into the kiddie pool. Glad all were ok. Don't want to see blood and guts.
    Yeah, I liked all of those as well with the exception of the little boy dancer. He is way too young to be doing those hip thrusts. I thought that was in poor taste. He is not going to make it far anyway; just not a Vegas act.

I liked the dance troupe with computerized lighting on their costumes, the one that the woman operated from a laptop in the wings. There were 3 acts with lighted costumes and I thought this group was head and shoulders above the others.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

to the Kinetic King of all 7 universes

+ Reply to Thread