+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Re: America's Got Talent

Strikers All-Stars, from ABDC were just on! I also really liked the "classical" band that was on right after them.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3955918;
    Strikers All-Stars, from ABDC were just on! I also really liked the "classical" band that was on right after them.
    What is ABDC?

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3956021;
    What is ABDC?
    Sorry for the short-hand, America's Best Dance Crew, an MTV show.

FORT Fogey

I wonder how much money these guys make. It looks like one of the hardest jobs in the world. There has to be money in it or the guys wouldn't stay. Also, I read where Sig wants to do Dancing with the Stars. But he still smokes. Even the dancers get winded...I can't imagine a smoker doing well at all.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I didn't get to watch the last half hour tonight, but liked the acts that got through. Loved the dance act, and feel like they've got a better chance than some of the other ones of making it far. The classical music band had a nice twist, were fresh and unique. I liked them and their look. Was trying to remember some of the others-had no idea what the first guy who sneezed as an act did but glad I didn't find out. The man who made the tissue dance isn't Vegas worthy but hey, they've let acts just as bad through.

Yep. I like Nick Cannon too. I always have (on the show, anyway) but he's really good with the guests which I like a lot.
    Probably behind Tom Bergeron and Phil Keoghan, he's my favorite. Hosts of reality shows can get an overbloated opinion of themselves and turn it into their one man show and forget all about the contestants. I appreciate this show isn't overly heavy on bad auditions, mean judging, and trying to hit the contestants while they're down. His era on Nickolodeon came after I grew out of those shows, and I'm not a fan of Mariah's anymore, so that kind of skeeved me. Something about him last year just bugged, but I'm enjoying him sometimes more than the acts.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3956292;
    Probably behind Tom Bergeron and Phil Keoghan, he's my favorite. Hosts of reality shows can get an overbloated opinion of themselves and turn it into their one man show and forget all about the contestants. I appreciate this show isn't overly heavy on bad auditions, mean judging, and trying to hit the contestants while they're down. His era on Nickolodeon came after I grew out of those shows, and I'm not a fan of Mariah's anymore, so that kind of skeeved me. Something about him last year just bugged, but I'm enjoying him sometimes more than the acts.
    I agree. I wasn't crazy about Nick last season, but he's really growing on me this time. The right mix of supportive to the contestants and funny. Love that he's actually let himself be used in a few of the acts. Brave man!

I'm not a huge Mariah fan, but she does have an amazing voice. From what I've seen they are very cute together and seem very 'real'.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ownlyanangel20;3932598;
    Couple points.....I always wondered why, in a show called "America's Got Talent", the majority of the judging panel were Brits. Why can't we just swap Sharon for some other tart who is American, so that way the show is more American based, then Brit-to-America based? .
    Sharon is an American citizen.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Just watched last night's show. Biggest crack-up for me was when Howie (a comic genius if ever there was one), asked the elderly tap dancer, "What's your name?"

"Phil Trau."

"Well, I suggest you just use Phil and drop Trau."

Now, if you're not familiar with the term (if you are, you're already laughing), please go to Google and type in "drop trou."

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3958957;
    Just watched last night's show. Biggest crack-up for me was when Howie (a comic genius if ever there was one), asked the elderly tap dancer, "What's your name?"

"Phil Trau."

"Well, I suggest you just use Phil and drop Trau."

Now, if you're not familiar with the term (if you are, you're already laughing), please go to Google and type in "drop trou."

He is a genius on this show...and a welcome and wonderful replacement to the "hoff"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3947015;
    Does anyone know how many more weeks of auditions we have to go?
    Vegas week starts the 6th.

I just corrected this so if you read it before, it's the 6th and not the 9th as previously posted. Sorry

Nancy
    Last edited by nabrudigam; 07-02-2010 at 03:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread