+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 66 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent

Re: America's Got Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;4056892;
    I disagree since the 2 most mind blowing performers ever on the show for me was in the 1st season with 11 year old Bianca Ryan and this season with 10 year old Jackie Evancho. If you have the talent there shouldn't be an age limit when you can get your big break and be rewarded for that talent.
    okay...let's pretend that Jackie was 25-30 and sang opera..would everyone be whoop-hooping? doubt it...the "draw and awe" is in the fact that she is 10.

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;4056916;
    okay...let's pretend that Jackie was 25-30 and sang opera..would everyone be whoop-hooping? doubt it...the "draw and awe" is in the fact that she is 10.
    What makes her special and people in awe about her is that she sounds like an adult at age 10. She's a phenom and to me phenoms are something to "whoop hoop" about.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;4056916;
    I was thinking, add 20 years to her and you get last year's judges pimp Barbara Padilla. Jackie's probably going to do well without this show, given what she's lined up, but if she doesn't, then the show didn't help. What I worry about with kids getting exposure on a show like this is that they'll get false hopes built up and then realize what a cruel world the entertainment industry can be when they get rejected. Jackie's talented, but she just doesn't do it for me, and adult or kid, isn't someone I'd remember or would pay to see. Since the grand prize is a Vegas show, they should have some Vegas appeal. Some acts have it, and some don't. I enjoy Michael Grimm, but I can't say he fits into that category, either.

Yeah for Poppycock and Michael Grimm! Just need Defying Gravity to get in and all my faves will be there!

Am I reading you all right (West Coast here) Jackie, Poppycock and Michael Grimm are through?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;4056828;
    Jackie Evancho, overated my foot; that was just a beautiful performance. I also was thrilled by the YBS dancers, Michael Grasso and The youngest girl on Christina and Ali, I believe it's Christina. Jeremy is thrilling and scares the you know what out of me. I could see that fall really did effect the ballroom performance. That had to hurt a lot and she showed some awesome guts.

I wouldn't mind a bit if Poppycock went home he just annoys me to no end and in no way entertains me.
    Tigerusty, I am on the same page as you. Jackie Evancho is amazing; my only reservation is that if I had a child, I would never want her/him to become famous as a child because it almost never seems to work out well. Also, do Vegas shows only have 20 minute sets? I was thinking maybe 90. I think practically any of these acts could put together a strong 20 min. set.
    I don't know man I don't know man I don't know man I don't know I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by barbell;4057151;
    Am I reading you all right (West Coast here) Jackie, Poppycock and Michael Grimm are through?

Yes - sorry if I spoiled it for you

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;4057153;
    Yes - sorry if I spoiled it for you
    Nope - have to do my NFL Fantasy draft tonight...and can't watch until later on Tivo.

FORT Newbie

I don't like Michael Grimm. I 'm sorry but I call BS on the "I just HAVE to win cuz my Granny lost everything in Katrina and then I would be able to buy her a new house and pay her back for raising me" sob story.

The dude is 30 years old. He was "raised" 15 years ago. And Katrina was FIVE years ago. If Granny really meant that much to him then why wasn't he working 3 jobs for the last five years to get her out of that Katrina mess?

Sorry but his "story" doesn't hold water.

Prince Poppycock ALL THE WAY!

FORT Newbie

I agree!! Enough with the sob stories and AGT is just as guilty of running with it to make him a stronger competitor on the show than he should be.

I sad and slightly pissed that Michael Grasso didn't go thru because when i think Vegas magic(and gambling lol) is always one of the first things to pop into my head. This might be indicative of a problem i have with the show itself tho. We constantly hear that the winner gets a show in Vegas so it throws u off to think in that slanted view of what a Vegas show should be. U wouldn't pay to watch Grimm in Vegas because he isn't big or unique enough, u wouldn't pay to watch Jackie in Vegas because last i checked her talent was more suited for Broadway or an Opera house somewhere. I mean Vegas does have some diverse and various types of acts but, and correct me if i'm wrong, opera singing hasn't been done there yet.

Anyway its a toss-up between Poppycock and FG to me with FG having the edge as a distinct Vegas-like act. They have virtually been crowned already now they just show up to the finale and its a wrap.

+ Reply to Thread