+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 66 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: America's Got Talent

I'm disappointed about Alice. She truly deserved a spot in the finals. I figured Jeremy might get a little sympathy because he fell but got back up and nailed it. I can't say he's undeserving, but would have rather seen Alice or Michael/Ashleigh advance. I didn't even remember Studio One, and could have cared less to see Michael advance (but better him than Murray). I'm still waiting until we get a magician to really wow us, and not do the same tricks we see every season, except with different costumes. Spockwhat, reading online last night, a lot of people shared your view of the aerialists. I liked them, but I can see why people didn't.

At this point, my top 3 are Poppycock, Gravity, and Michael Grimms, one two three. I know Jackie will likely be in one of the last slots. I don't think the CF sisters have a chance of winning, but at least now the judges won't have to be the ones to eliminate them. I also don't expect Anna/Patrick to advance very far but I enjoy the variety. Like you jade, I'm not big on the kiddie acts for Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4053317;
    I'm disappointed about Alice. She truly deserved a spot in the finals. I figured Jeremy might get a little sympathy because he fell but got back up and nailed it. I can't say he's undeserving, but would have rather seen Alice or Michael/Ashleigh advance. I didn't even remember Studio One, and could have cared less to see Michael advance (but better him than Murray). I'm still waiting until we get a magician to really wow us, and not do the same tricks we see every season, except with different costumes. Spockwhat, reading online last night, a lot of people shared your view of the aerialists. I liked them, but I can see why people didn't.

At this point, my top 3 are Poppycock, Gravity, and Michael Grimms, one two three. I know Jackie will likely be in one of the last slots. I don't think the CF sisters have a chance of winning, but at least now the judges won't have to be the ones to eliminate them. I also don't expect Anna/Patrick to advance very far but I enjoy the variety. Like you jade, I'm not big on the kiddie acts for Vegas.
    I love your top 3 picks!!! I hope Prince Poppycock wins, I could see Gravity coming in second and I can already see them getting a show in Vegas. They are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by dreamonia;4053455;
    I love your top 3 picks!!! I hope Prince Poppycock wins, I could see Gravity coming in second and I can already see them getting a show in Vegas. They are awesome!
    I agree...ultimately that is what this show is SUPPOSE to be about..finding an act that can sustain a show in the Vegas limelight. When the acts are on stage I ask myself..would I pay money to see them...for the above (even though Opera is not my style...) I say yes...yes....

The troubling part is that AMERICA is voting and as shown by last year's choice...the voting public seems to be voting with their heart....

I get the point, but maybe there's too much in the way of semantics or something here in regard to second-guessing too much to think "What's the best potential Vegas act?" whereas voters are more likely thinking, and this is not a bad thing necessarily, "Who is the most talented?" I'll admit, I thought chicken man was possibly most talented.
    I don't know man I don't know man I don't know man I don't know I don't know

FORT Fogey

I was completely shocked and disappointed that Alice Tan Ridley didn't make it through. I do like the variety they have in the final 10 but she belongs there. I hope they find a way to bring her back.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I was disappointed that the judges once again picked the last finalist. Shouldn't they leave it to America by now? Alice should have gone through over the dance group. I'm really hoping opera girl doesn't win. I saw an interview with her where she mentioned the judges told her she was America's sweetheart, and that she liked it. I feel like winning and dealing with what might be mediocre success will be worse than losing and dealing with mediocre success. They had her sing a few lines from one of her songs, and I definitely feel like there's auto tuning or voice manipulation going on during the show performances.

I am still in shock that Alice got the boot. I loved her.
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Missed the results show, and came here to find out... I'm really saddened that Alice didn't make it. I was concerned that people would think she was a sure thing, and focus on a "lesser" favourite with their voting, hoping to push them into the top five. I suspect that Alice kind of got lost in the mix.
    It's been mentioned, and I agree that it is such a shame that there are at least two singing acts that are far weaker than Alice in the top 10.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dreamonia;4053455;
    Love these two acts as well. I have a hunch Gravity will win over Poppycock but he will be signed for something. There are people watching who will snap him up.

I agree that the kids are not Vegas material, especially the ballroom dancers. Enough already, we have DWTS.

Jackie sounds better on the show because the acoustics are better. I have heard some good singers burst into song on a talk show and it sounded terrible!

Forgive me, but I can't remember who Alice is? Can you give me a rephresh?

+ Reply to Thread