+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 66 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent

FORT Fan

Re: America's Got Talent

What do you guys think of the controversy over whether or not Jackie Evancho is lipsyncing? It does sound like her voice is coming from somewhere else to me but I can't say for sure what's going on there. The link below is just one in a list of lipsyncing accusations with tons more online. Just Google Jackie Evancho lip syncing and you'll see what I mean. This link also leads to others

Jackie Evancho Lip Sync (Pantomime) | Microguy Internet Consultant

ETA: The link below is very telling also and if it's true, (that's she lip syncing to an enhanced recording of her own voice) it's almost worse than if she was lipsyncing to someone else's voice because they are giving her an advantage she shouldn't have and doesn't deserve IMO. In other words, the "scandel/lie" is not her doing, but the show's doing.

AGT Lip Synching Scandal | Microguy Internet Consultant
    Last edited by nabrudigam; 08-20-2010 at 04:56 PM.

FORT Fogey

I am such a bad judge of that kind of thing. I couldn't really tell if Jackie was lyp-synching or not. I am inclined to believe that she wasn't - only because it would be risky for her and the show.

For the last two weeks - the You Tube auditions and Judge's favorites....who picked the winners? The judges or by public vote?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4044035;
    I am such a bad judge of that kind of thing. I couldn't really tell if Jackie was lyp-synching or not. I am inclined to believe that she wasn't - only because it would be risky for her and the show.
    The first time I heard her I said it sounded as tho' the voice was coming from somewhere else. Sounded more like an echo.

If you check out her "you tube" video without music from when she was eight years old, you can hear the difference.

Although it's been more or less established that she's lipsyncing to her own recording, it's still an unfair advantage IMO because the recording has been "enhanced".

For the last two weeks - the You Tube auditions and Judge's favorites....who picked the winners? The judges or by public vote?
    I can only speak to the "you tube" auditions. The judges picked the videos from "you tube and then the viewers voted on them. Jackie got the most votes. Whether the audition video was enhanced or not, I don't know because I haven't watched that particular video. Having a slow dialup prevents me from watching all the videos I'd like.

I haven't watched every episode because I've been watching SYTYCD so I don't even know which are/were the "judges favorites". My guess would be that the judges chose certain acts as "favorites" and then the viewers voted on them just like the procedure for the "you tube" auditions.
    Last edited by nabrudigam; 08-20-2010 at 05:56 PM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I had heard the lip synching accusations, and if so, that's a huge risk the show is taking. If they had an Ashlee Simpson malfunction, that would throw Jackie's credibility into question, as well as the the show's. Her voice did sound a little too crisp and clean, so it makes me wonder if there wasn't something going on in the background. Could just be she's so young so she's too good to be true. I'm just having a hard time getting behind the hype.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by nabrudigam;4044041;
    The first time I heard her I said it sounded as tho' the voice was coming from somewhere else. Sounded more like an echo.

If you check out her "you tube" video without music from when she was eight years old, you can hear the difference.
    Here's the link. For some reason it didn't come up when I added it to my previous post.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...&v=VnQ-e1wU0wQ

FORT Fogey

Wouldn't the other singer contestants on the show be complaining long and loud to the media if that were the case?

Jackie is very talented, but darn her breathing needs to taught to her, as a singer the deep breaths are a no no. I think she lip synched it, that was almost too perfect imo.

Just so you West Coasters can spare yourselves..not too much to celebrate except.....
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Prince Poppycock
    is the bomb!

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

fan*addict... I agree! No one else could get away with the bastardization of that song. I was sitting agape the whole time he performed... but he gets away with it because he hits EVERY note. And that's a tall order!

The only other acts I truly enjoyed this evening were Michael Grimm and Taylor Matthews.

Beyond that, I thought Anna and Patrick were good, and I can't help but enjoy Future Funk. But other than those few, it was a mess all over.

Especially Dan Sperry. Completely AWful. And I just can't tolerate the electricity act. It bores me to tears. They do nothing special. Once you have the props and costumes, anybody could do it. And the addition of the weird chick who wouldn't drop character was as stupid as anything I've ever seen. That's just my opinion though, I've been bored by them since day one.

FORT Fogey

There were a bunch of switch-a-roos for me tonight.

Normally love but was bored by tonight
    Arc Attack
    AsenDance
    Connor Doran

All of these acts *could* be great on a Vegas stage, but all three need a professional choreographer and a much larger production to get the full effect.

Normally bored by, but enjoyed tonight
    Anna and Patryk (great choreograhy! They were fun to watch tonight)
    Taylor Mathews (it wasn't a "wow" moment like Howie said, but I really enjoyed his performance)
    Prince Poppycock (he never did it for me but tonight he showed a ton more freedom and personality and his song choice was the best; I was very entertained, and he convinced me tonight that he could hold his own in a Vegas show)

Always liked and still like
    Michael Grimm (although I would like to see him be a bit more animated with his performace and post-performance interviews; his tone and pace is a total buzz-kill)

Forgettable
    Everyone else

I think it would be a shame if Prince Poppycock and Michael Grimm didn't make it to the end, so they are who I will vote for.

Final 3 Prediction
    Looking at the list of finalists, I think it is clear that the final 3 will be Alice Tan Ridley, Michael Grimm, and Prince Poppycock. Fighting Gravity may have a chance, but we'll have to see.

Winner Prediction
    Prince Poppycock
    Last edited by Jexter; 08-24-2010 at 11:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread