+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: America's Got Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi;4041298;
    When I was a child, my piano teacher used to rent out a small hall there for our recitals, no matter how "average" we were -- it was just the perks that came from going to an expensive teacher!! AND I could brag that I had played at Carnegie Hall!!
    What an inspired idea! Your piano teacher sounds like the best, Tammi!
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 08-18-2010 at 09:58 AM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;4041207;
    If Doogie is the funniest comedian they can find, then AGT is running out of talents. Dozens of comedians in Last Comic Standing are much funnier than him. The aerial acrobats will move on definitely. Michael Grasso too. The other two will probably be the pair dancing 12yos.....and....i don't know, they brought back some crappy acts. Maybe the kite flying dude who has a personality of paint drying. They said there's so many excellent male singers yet they didn't bring back a single one.
    I totally did not get the kite flying guy. There's no wind, so what is he flying? Radio controlled kites?

I felt sorry for Doogie. You could almost smell the flop sweat.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi;4041298;
    "Playing Carnegie Hall" may not be as incredible as it seems -- there are many performance venues there -- some tiny halls and then, of course, the huge theater venue.

When I was a child, my piano teacher used to rent out a small hall there for our recitals, no matter how "average" we were -- it was just the perks that came from going to an expensive teacher!! AND I could brag that I had played at Carnegie Hall!!

With technology as it is today, anyone can produce their own CD -- is Jackie with a major label, or has she just recorded a CD????

We need more information before we can be amazed or conflicted....
    Very interesting info on CH and how cool for you!!! Thanks for pointing out this info.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;4041207;
    If Doogie is the funniest comedian they can find, then AGT is running out of talents. Dozens of comedians in Last Comic Standing are much funnier than him. The aerial acrobats will move on definitely. Michael Grasso too. The other two will probably be the pair dancing 12yos.....and....i don't know, they brought back some crappy acts. Maybe the kite flying dude who has a personality of paint drying. They said there's so many excellent male singers yet they didn't bring back a single one.
    I think they have enough singers and are probably pinning their hopes on Jackie or Alice winning. But I have to say, if this was the best who got voted off they really missed the mark this season. Last night was such a waste, and Doogie isn't even funny. I have to wonder how the other comics were this season for him to have made it through. Since their were 4 dance groups, I bet one of them will make it. Probably the ballroom dancers or maybe RNG. Then I think Michael, the acrobats and the kite for inspirations sake (even if I don't get him).

Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets;4033314;
    I am really confused about Jackie Evancho. She is already booked to play Carnegie Hall in December AND she has a CD. What are the rules at AGT?
    I was curious about Jackie too, so did some googling. She is unsigned. Her first CD was done through CDBaby and funded by family, friends, fans. Her 2nd CD is also being funded by donations through Indiegogo.com. Classical-crossover composer/conductor Tim Janis is including her in his American Christmas Carol show on 12/02/10 at Carnegie Hall. She will be the youngest female vocal soloist ever to have performed there. I would guess the family's biggest hopes - if she does not win - might be that she will get signed as a result of AGT.
    Last edited by JenCos; 08-19-2010 at 12:11 AM.

I guess she's not as much of a pro then, really, though I'd think you'd have to be something special to be booked at Carnegie (even if it's not the big theatre). But I can say that I hadn't seen her performance, and already I'm tired of the hype that I know is coming to come every week. I read Michael Grimm has a CD out as well, and of course Alice has her daughter's fame, and the fire magician already had a show in Vegas. So it's not like these are undiscovered nobodies.

As for tonight's show, no shock as to who made it through. I did feel sorry for CJ, as I think the show has something against the poor kid. Dance acts, especially with multiple members, don't seem to do very well on this show. I figured the ballroom couple had the best chance of making it through. Though Michael Grasso ripped another audition off to a tee, I figured he'd make it through, thanks to the judges endorsement and standing out last night. Glad the aerialists made it, but I think the other 3 will be gone next week.

FORT Fan

Itís been so long since this show began, Iíd thought we needed a reminder as to who else will be going through to the semi finals so hereís the total list including the four wild card picks.

-Nine singers/singing duos: Debra Romer, Nathaniel Kenyon, Christina & Ali, Alice Tan Ridley, Michael Grimm, Taylor Mathews, Prince Poppycock, Jackie Evancho and Kristina Young.

- Four dancers/dance crews: Studio One Young Beast Society, Haspop, Future Funk and Anna & Patryk.

- Four magicians: Antonio Restivo, Murray, Dan Sperry and Michael Grasso.

- Six novelty acts: Jeremy, AscenDance, Fighting Gravity, ArcAttack, Connor Doran and Michael & Ashley.

- One musician: Maestro Alexander Gui.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that "Fighting Gravity" has a good chance of winning since they are unique and could probably sustain a one hour act whereas other acts, although good, are not as novel which Vegas goers expect.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nabrudigam;4043393;
    Itís been so long since this show began, Iíd thought we needed a reminder as to who else will be going through to the semi finals so hereís the total list including the four wild card picks.

-Nine singers/singing duos: Debra Romer, Nathaniel Kenyon, Christina & Ali, Alice Tan Ridley, Michael Grimm, Taylor Mathews, Prince Poppycock, Jackie Evancho and Kristina Young.

- Four dancers/dance crews: Studio One Young Beast Society, Haspop, Future Funk and Anna & Patryk.

- Four magicians: Antonio Restivo, Murray, Dan Sperry and Michael Grasso.

- Six novelty acts: Jeremy, AscenDance, Fighting Gravity, ArcAttack, Connor Doran and Michael & Ashley.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that "Fighting Gravity" has a good chance of winning since they are unique and could probably sustain a one hour act whereas other acts, although good, are not as novel which Vegas goers expect.
    Thanks for the summary, nabrudigam. I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to tune in much, but I've been trying to track the acts as best as I can.

For as long as the show has gone on (and it has been long), I think they have ended up with some really great acts for the finals. I will enjoy watching them.

Thanks for the summary! I've been trying to figure out who made it through after all these weeks, and most names I couldn't remember (even of my favorites). Ascendance, Arc Attack, Fighting Gravity, Michael Grimm, Fire Magician guy, Anna & Patryck, and Michael & Ashleigh are the ones I'm rooting for. Interesting that there's nine singers, but the other acts are pretty even. I still think it'll come down to one of the singers winning overall.

ETA: I can't believe I forgot my #1 fave Prince Poppycock!
    Last edited by karalott; 08-19-2010 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nabrudigam;4043393;

- Four magicians: Antonio Restivo, Murray, Dan Sperry and Michael Grasso. Hard call- I think it depends on what tricks they decide to do.

The ones highlighted are the ones I think have a chance with the viewers after reading several comments over the weeks. Some I think it will certainly depend on what they put out there. 'Micheal and Ashley' probably wouldn't have made it had their last 'at bat' been so good, whereas Prince Poppycock has beenloved since he first stepped on stage. We'll see what they bring in the semi's. I don't get the Anna and Patryk love. Yes, they are cute kids. Yes, they can dance. I may be in the minority, but they bore me. I don't want to see 12 year olds doing sexy dancing and if I want to watch ballroom dancing there are plenty of shows on TV now that I can watch. I don't think they can withstand a whole Vegas show. Micheal Grimm is a good singer and the judges seem to love him, but he doesn't stand out for me. I think Alice will unfortunately get lost in the shuffle as well, but it will all depend on how they group the remaining acts.

+ Reply to Thread