+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent

FORT Fan

Re: America's Got Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4038283;

I have no patience for those who assume that the rest of us want to listen to - or will find inspiration from - their "gift".

Singer after singer says as much on this show and on Idol. It drives me bananas. Just sing the damn song and let us decide whether or not we like it or are inspired.
    Once they hit the big time, I'd rather they share their big salaries with me than their "gift" .

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4038457;
    let's get on with the competition.
    I'm with you. It was bad enough having to watch "you tube" performers last week but, this week they'll have a "wild card" show, bringing back performers who were previously eliminated, four of whom will move on to the finals.

Why bring them back when we didn't like them in the first place?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

A wild card show?! Boy,NBC really does want to drag this out I feel sorry for the other acts. Sure this gives them more time to prepare, but they may end up losing to someone who bypassed the whole audition round, or is getting a second chance just because. The two other seasons that I watched would have been better served with a wild card show, but the talent this year is blah. The acts who went in the first couple of weeks are a blur.

I realize I shouldn't be too hard on the kid, but CJ Dippa's rap style is nearly 30 years behind the times.
    I don't know man I don't know man I don't know man I don't know I don't know

I'm left thinking (as with most wild card rounds on any show)-why? It's usually the best of the worst and only getting through because you have to, not because America really wants you to. If that were the case, you'd already be through. I still think it stinks that another act may fall to the wayside over someone who already got voted off once. Tonight didn't disappoint in answering why these people didn't make it through already.

That being said, something's seriously wrong if the aerial couple doesn't make it. They ran away with the show (so far) and totally deserve to make it through. I like the magician guy, but I can't say his act lived up to his hype. Maybe the most dangerous stunt he's ever done, but been there, done that, and there's other magic acts who run circles around him (including a fire magician). But given the other acts tonight, he should make it. I loved the tap dancing siblings, mostly because I don't think there's enough tap acts out there. They are reason #1 why these acts shouldn't listen to the judges. Howie said tone it down, so they did, and he thought it was boring. Same goes for the RNG girls-stick to what you know, don't encourage them to do something like flips if they aren't comfortable with it or if it hurts their talent. A little too much attitude, but I liked them. Same goes for CJ Dippa, who I really believe did think he did fine until Howie said something. Probably my least favorite performance of his, and doubt he'll survive tomorrow night, but the kids got talent, and hopefully something comes from this experience for him.

I didn't realize they were taking acts who didn't even make it to the performance round. I was surprised to see kite kid. Personally, I would have stuck to acts who auditioned, performed, and were voted off to get their second chance. They might have had a bad night and aren't even getting a second shot. Hard to tell who will make it tomorrow, but I'd vote for CJ, Michael the magician, and the aerial act. Probably one of the dance groups, just to even things up on that end. Who will get through-hopefully the aerial group, not sure who else. Don't personally get Harmonica Pierre, and can't stand the comic.

The comic wasn't funny tonight, and I have liked him in the past. I agree that we can tell, in general, why these acts were voted out the first time.
    I don't know man I don't know man I don't know man I don't know I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by quentcomps;4041116;
    The comic wasn't funny tonight, and I have liked him in the past. I agree that we can tell, in general, why these acts were voted out the first time.
    The thing about Doogie is he tries coming off as brash and an insult comic, but he's just really bad at that angle. I didn't think he was funny in the auditions, and missed his other performance, but I have to say I'll be surprised and disappointed if he makes it through. His act was more of the same tonight, and I don't recall it got a huge reaction.

I saw on another site Michael Grasso basically used the exact same act a Youtube participant did. Not that his act was original, because I've seen it done a million times over, including with spikes and fire, but his stood out tonight, which shows how mediocre it was overall. CJ's got some real talent and I think he deserves another chance based on tonight (even though he wasn't that great). Probably the kite flying kid will make it through. Really a tough call, but I doubt any of them will survive against the stronger acts. And since the show probably wants Jacke to become America's Susan Boyle (even though they're worlds apart), this is probably her's to lose.

FORT Fan

I didn't bother watching the wild card show. It was just to much to ask me to sit through these acts again.

If Doogie is the funniest comedian they can find, then AGT is running out of talents. Dozens of comedians in Last Comic Standing are much funnier than him. The aerial acrobats will move on definitely. Michael Grasso too. The other two will probably be the pair dancing 12yos.....and....i don't know, they brought back some crappy acts. Maybe the kite flying dude who has a personality of paint drying. They said there's so many excellent male singers yet they didn't bring back a single one.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets;4033314;
    I am really confused about Jackie Evancho. She is already booked to play Carnegie Hall in December AND she has a CD. What are the rules at AGT?
    "Playing Carnegie Hall" may not be as incredible as it seems -- there are many performance venues there -- some tiny halls and then, of course, the huge theater venue.

When I was a child, my piano teacher used to rent out a small hall there for our recitals, no matter how "average" we were -- it was just the perks that came from going to an expensive teacher!! AND I could brag that I had played at Carnegie Hall!!

With technology as it is today, anyone can produce their own CD -- is Jackie with a major label, or has she just recorded a CD????

We need more information before we can be amazed or conflicted....

+ Reply to Thread