+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent

Re: America's Got Talent

thank god for tivo, I fast forward thru Jackie, because I knew they would be all over her....she does not need this show....and no, I don't like the kid acts they do not belong in Las Vegas. I wish they would do an age limit sometimes. If they are that good at age 10...just wait until they are 18 they are gonna be even better!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I skipped this week because I had no interest in watching the youtube acts. I know AI has a rule that you could have had a recording label or album released, but not at the time of doing that show. I'd think any show would have the same rule, and it's not like they couldn't find that out easy enough. Maybe they just want a winner to be successful and will take credit for Jackie's success. I'm sure she'll be album dropping in any post-show interview she can. She doesn't need to win, just potential publicity. Of course I kind of think the same of Alice Tan Ridley; her daughter can't hook her up?

Truly I just wish they would get "the show on the road" so to speak...It seems like they have been auditioning for months now!..Let's get on with it...
    I've always felt that way about this show. I don't mind the variety of acts, but there's way too many and it feels like we get to the finale before the competition begins. But it's all NBC has in the summer, and it brings in the ratings, so I can't blame them for dragging it out. Makes me wonder how it'll fare next year against The X Factor.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4034149;
    Seriously. She's obviously extremely talented, but she either has or will have a hugely successful career. She doesn't need this show whereas the others do.

I hope she doesn't win.
    I really thought she was lipsinking. Her voice was other worldly; as tho' coming from somewhere else.

I find Opera Girl's voice to be nails-on-chalkboard grating.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4034149;
    Seriously. She's obviously extremely talented, but she either has or will have a hugely successful career. She doesn't need this show whereas the others do.

I hope she doesn't win.
    Agreed. She's already a winner. I heard today that she's booked at Carnegie Hall for December 2nd. She is seriously amazing, and reportedly has only been seriously singing for 3 years. Birth of a star.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4036639;
    Agreed. She's already a winner. I heard today that she's booked at Carnegie Hall for December 2nd. She is seriously amazing, and reportedly has only been seriously singing for 3 years. Birth of a star.
    she was booked at CH before AGT and she has a CD. Been singing for years, as has her brother and sister...

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets;4036811;
    she was booked at CH before AGT and she has a CD. Been singing for years, as has her brother and sister...
    Opera Singer, 10, Has ‘Susan Boyle Moment’ on America’s Got Talent - PEOPLE TV Watch

Three years, according to this.

Home

Her website, if you want to read a little about her "history."
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

DH had listened to all the skeptics on the radio and wondered about her "singing". I went over to You Tube and plugged in her name and watched all her tapes. Amazing.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4037234;
    Opera Singer, 10, Has ‘Susan Boyle Moment’ on America’s Got Talent - PEOPLE TV Watch

Three years, according to this.

Home

Her website, if you want to read a little about her "history."
    ####

From the website: Jackie realizes that God has given her the gift of singing and feels that He wants her to use it to bring joy, happiness and serenity to all who love to listen.

I have no patience for those who assume that the rest of us want to listen to - or will find inspiration from - their "gift".

Singer after singer says as much on this show and on Idol. It drives me bananas. Just sing the damn song and let us decide whether or not we like it or are inspired.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

People tend to lose me when they say "God said so" or "God gave me this". I was thinking last year that they really pimped that opera singer, only to have her lose to the chicken farmer. Since none of their singing acts have achieved any sort of real stardom, I guess they want to go with the girl who's already got a career. Personally, I don't like the Youtube round. For one thing, let's get on with the competition. Secondly, everyone else has to go through the process of auditioning, going to Vegas, and the elimination process. I just feel like they had to do more to get on this show than post their video and hope they'd get picked.

+ Reply to Thread