+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent

Re: America's Got Talent

I only watched last night because I saw a preview with Striker's All Stars.
    I really liked them when theyw ere on America's Best Dance Crew, their Gimme More routine was one of my favourites of the whole season.
    I was disappointed in them last night though. I've seen them dance a lot better. I'd be surprised if they went any further in the competition.

I liked Prince Poppycock too.
    Mary Ellen? How did she ever get through to this round?
    Thought Piers was right about the violinist. She obviously has some talent, but was style of substance to me and even to my untrained ear there were some bum notes.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I haven't been watching this season but wanted to see a few acts. Glad I didn't miss Prince Poppycock And I couldn't remember ArcAttacks name but remembered them from auditions, so glad they made it through (to this point, anyway).

Going back to last week, CJ Dippa (the little rapper), I think needed his ego taken down a few notches but was sorry he got voted off. He does have talent.

I voted for Doogie Horner and Lindsey Stirling. Doogie is already gone. Lindsey Stirling out, too.
    Last edited by quentcomps; 08-04-2010 at 09:28 PM.
    I don't know man I don't know man I don't know man I don't know I don't know

I think the right 4 were chosen..I am secretly rooting for Prince Poppycock, this guy has Vegas written all over him! He is flambouyant, talented, has great stage presence, and will no longer need to work in his little machine (fabricating?) shop.

The electric group will probally be forced to perform in outside venues only, so that could become a hinderance for them to advance again in the next round.

Murray continues to do stunning magic work, but I wonder if maybe the days of magicians in Vegas are over? (naaahh it's Vegas!)

The young singer,..well he will get the "girls" vote for now..will be interesting to see what other "singers" make the cuts along the way...

FORT Fogey

This could be - and may be - the year that a non-singing act wins. Too bad they are all clumped together into a single season.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think the young singer will have a battle with the other singers for the tween vote when they're all performing together. Of course the way tweens vote for their as-of-now future husbands, I'm sure they'll give it all they got. Out of the singing acts, still rooting for Alice Ridley and Michael Grimms. I may tune in more regularly now that the really horrible filler acts are gone and we're widdling the numbers down. I didn't like the comic, so I'm not sorry he's gone. ArcAttack seems Vegas worthy, as does Prince Poppycock. I really didn't care who made it beyond those two.

I've already forgotten half of the acts that have made it through to the next round.

I think the young singer funny how no one knows his name without looking it up.....made it through what a waste. I thought he good and nothing more. Glad Poppycock made it through he has been the one for me since the beginning and I love to see him perform. Glad the magician made it through it too. He was on that vh1 show a few years back trying to teach to the stars how to do magic tricks. Lame show but was fun to watch.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dreamonia;4024995;
    I think the young singer funny how no one knows his name without looking it up.....made it through what a waste. I thought he good and nothing more. Glad Poppycock made it through he has been the one for me since the beginning and I love to see him perform. Glad the magician made it through it too. He was on that vh1 show a few years back trying to teach to the stars how to do magic tricks. Lame show but was fun to watch.
    Taylor Matthews? (I looked it up ) I really like him... he has one of the best voices of the kids and I think he'll do well!

The only disappointments of the top 16 for me were:

Nathaniel Kenyon: His voice just isn't good enough. He can't compete with the likes of Michael Grimm and (who's that again?) Taylor Matthews.

ArcAttack: I know I'm in a minority, but I find them to be a snooze fest. I'm with Piers, once you've seen it, you've seen it. I can't imagine watching a whole show.

Debra Romer: She's cute, she has a great story, her voice is unique in it's soft, breathy way. But her voice is also weak and one note.

My favourites:

Alice Tan Ridley
    Prince Poppycock (I could picture him working with Cirque... he'd be fabulous)
    Taylor Matthews
    Jeremy VanSchoonhoven
    Future Funk (that awe factor... I don't think they should win, I guess, but I love them)
    AscenDance
    Michael Grimm

Ugh. that's mostly singers.

Every time when I think of Vegas I think of WOW factor, unique, different, maybe outlandish so when I watch the show that's what I look for and so far the only ones that have done that to me are:

AscenDance - you can't take your eyes off of them....very beautiful performances.

Prince Poppycock - though I hate the singers that come on this show, he stands out. Great voice, has great stage presence.

the singers that try out for the show (Debra, the kids, even the guys), I can't and won't pay hundreds of dollars to see them, to me they are nobodies. If I were gonna spend that type of money I would go see a real superstar perform. Besides you never hear from them again once they win. Kinda like a let down to me when a singer wins. The only person that had any real success and he was not even a singer was Terry Fator.

I recently saw the younger kid in Future Funk on an episode of Yo Gabba Gabba.

+ Reply to Thread