+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout!

Wipeout!

I've been waiting for this show to come back on forever ... ! Blind date couples rock.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Re: Wipeout!

I love this show! So glad it's back again

My kids & husband too, were just roaring with laughter. Too bad we have to wait 3 more weeks for a new one!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I love this show and my son is totally addicted!!! I didn't tell him there was a preview episode Tues. night so when he & DD woke up yesterday, I surprised them with it. I think we've now watched it about 5 times, which is insane since it's the 2 hr show but I guess that's pretty much all we can do when it's been constant t-storms. My family room has now become a Wipeout replication!! And I didn't realize the premiere was the 22nd -- looks like I'm going to know the Blind Date backwards and forwards by then.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Cantstopwatching: Fear not! You will not be alone in knowing this episode backward and forward. I kept it on my dvr until the next episode, and plan to watch it whenever I need a good belly laugh.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

We had severe weather so weather reports were on for the first half hour or so of Wipeout, I was so bummed out. This has got to be one of the most hysterical shows ever ---I love the commentary by John and John.

For those of you who were lucky enough to see the entire show, I have a few questions:
    How did they pair up the "blind dates"? Did the contestants get to select who they wanted to partner with?
    How did they come up with the names for each couple? The only one that made sense without seeing the show from the beginning was the Little Mermaid & Flounder for Ariel and her blind date.
    Thanks .

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3923680;
    We had severe weather so weather reports were on for the first half hour or so of Wipeout, I was so bummed out. This has got to be one of the most hysterical shows ever ---I love the commentary by John and John.

For those of you who were lucky enough to see the entire show, I have a few questions:
    How did they pair up the "blind dates"? Did the contestants get to select who they wanted to partner with?
    How did they come up with the names for each couple? The only one that made sense without seeing the show from the beginning was the Little Mermaid & Flounder for Ariel and her blind date.
    Thanks .
    Henson took credit for the matchups. It really seemed like none of them had met until they were introduced one couple at a time at the beginning of the show.

The names were based on the characteristics of each time. The International Couple was so named because he was from Australia, and she was American. Pretty much the same philosophy as they used in nicknaming individual contestants on the earlier seasons.

I showed a friend of mine a clip from the show. She had never heard of it. And now she can't wait for the next episode.

Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Thanks for the explanation AZChristian!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Hooray -- so excited to watch this tonight. My son is over the moon -- it's my favoritist show EVER he says.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

It's going to be on on Thursday too!!

I love how excitied my kids get when someone makes it across the big balls, you'd think they just did it!

There was a cool little interview with Jill on EW.com. I think it's OK to post the link:
    'Wipeout': Host Jill Wagner talks spills, big red balls | EW.com
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast