+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wipeout!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Wipeout!

I have to say I"ve never watched more than the ads for this, but for the life of me I can't understand two things...
    Why don't people get seriously hurt?
    How do they get people to do this? Seriously... is 50K worth possible paralysis? Those stunts look like they could easily break something.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3947856;
    I have to say I"ve never watched more than the ads for this, but for the life of me I can't understand two things...
    How do they get people to do this? Seriously... is 50K worth possible paralysis? Those stunts look like they could easily break something.
    I have wondered about how people don't get more injured. But it also makes me think about the resiliency of the human body.

Plus, it's just funny!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3947856;
    Exactly! It's fun to watch but I have to wince when I see somebody's head slam into an obstacle and snap back so fast. Wonder if anyone has every gotten injured from some of these obstacles AND how many forms have to be signed beforehand absolving the show, ABC, etc. etc. of ALL liability?
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Especially since so many of the contestants do not seem to be...umm how to say this politely... in the best of shape? One of these days someone will be paralyzed with a neck fracture.... I agree it looks amusing, but only if I can talk myself into believing these are stunt people doing it safely.... which I can't.

New one tonight! And the smack-wall is GREAT!!!

I just saw a commercial for "Winter Wipeout" Starting January 6!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12