+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bret Michaels: Life As I Know It (VH1)

Re: Bret Michaels: Life As I Know It (VH1)

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax;3922120;
    I've heard Bret and his kids' mom have been "on and off" for years. I always thought the girls on ROL were way too young and immature for Bret. I like to hope that the kids' mom is more mature and stable than those girls were.

I was not offended by Bret in the ROL shows; I just used to wonder where they found those women on that show! I knew of course that nobody he ever picked would last, but I have often wondered what the story was between he and his kids' mom.

I'd like to see this too. I wonder if it's up on VH1 as a complete episode so it can be watched. Guess I'll go check. Sounds kind of interesting.

I've always felt that Bret was basically a pretty good guy.
    I think he's a good guy too.

Kristy comes across as very nice and very mature, nothing like the ROL girls--and that's who he has kids with.

I respect any man or woman who owns up to wanting to play the field and is straight with the people they date.

On a recent Bret Michaels True Hollywood Story on E!, he talked about how he always let women know not to expect anything beyond that night, etc...

I would love to see Bret and Kristy marry though...maybe he's close to being ready.
    Ain't Love Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;3922320;
    I think he's a good guy too.

Kristy comes across as very nice and very mature, nothing like the ROL girls--and that's who he has kids with.

I respect any man or woman who owns up to wanting to play the field and is straight with the people they date.

On a recent Bret Michaels True Hollywood Story on E!, he talked about how he always let women know not to expect anything beyond that night, etc...

I would love to see Bret and Kristy marry though...maybe he's close to being ready.
    While I don't condone it, it is much better to be honest and if your partner accepts it then fine.

I was surprised by Kristy, I expected a real bubble head.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

If he is serious about getting married, I hope he really means it and can stop the one night stands, if that is what he's being doing. It's one thing to be like that when you're a young guy in a rock band, but once you're his age with kids, it's really silly and sad IMO. You're exposing yourself to so much disease and what an example for your kids. If that is what Bret is still doing, it would be a huge turn off for me if he is pretending to be in a relationship with the girl's mother.

I have heard that is why Gene Simmons does not marry the mother of his children. I heard that he is still a womanizer and therefore will not commit to Shannon. He has the right to be that way, I just find it insulting to her and their kids. I don't think she likes it either. She has complained about him not marrying her ever since the show came on.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Of course I watched this.

First, I adore the girls. Could they be any cuter!?! When the younger on dressed like papa it was precious - but then she had his walk down perfectly! Just adorable.

However.....while I like Kristie (Christie?) - she's obviously a good mom and amazingly gorgeous, but it seems odd to me that she has been on-again off-again with Bret for so long.....and he obviously supports her and the kids - that she doesn't seem all that thrilled to have him around. It appears she likes the lifestyle, just not the guy providing it. Sure she trumps any of the ROL girls (ick) but I don't see any enthusiasm in having him around. I hope I'm wrong....I think Bret deserves better. And I hope she makes him sit his ass down and take care of himself!

I love how he has won over the hearts of those who were not familiar with him prior to Celebrity Apprentice. What a sweetie.

I take it Bret & Taya are no longer a couple. What a surprise!
    I hope Bret regains his health.

There are PLENTY of repeat showings...my DVR has recorded the same show 8x. I too thought his girls were adorable & hilarious & I love how he is so "real" with the fans (posing for pictures at the amusement park) and how he doesn't drive around in these flashy limos flaunting his wealth. His house is beautiful and yeah, he has a private jet, but you can see he loves being a rock star and a Dad, he just needs to somehow make both lives work for the sake of his family. I am looking forward to the show in the fall (but please summer, don't rush by, you are my favorite season!).

Brets life and career seem to be at great peak right now. There is no need to do any of those silly dating shows again. Kristi is very mature and gorgeous. I think with this health scare Brets priorities are now shifting and I would not be surprised if he finally commits to her. After all, he said in interviews the quickness of the trip to the hospital saved him. And also a big reality check could be also, with them not being married, they cant talk about anything with a gf, so if he was unconcious they wouldnt be allowed to speak with her about any decisions. And Kristi was wonderful in getting help for Bret.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3923175;
    Of course I watched this.

First, I adore the girls. Could they be any cuter!?! When the younger on dressed like papa it was precious - but then she had his walk down perfectly! Just adorable.

However.....while I like Kristie (Christie?) - she's obviously a good mom and amazingly gorgeous, but it seems odd to me that she has been on-again off-again with Bret for so long.....and he obviously supports her and the kids - that she doesn't seem all that thrilled to have him around. It appears she likes the lifestyle, just not the guy providing it. Sure she trumps any of the ROL girls (ick) but I don't see any enthusiasm in having him around. I hope I'm wrong....I think Bret deserves better. And I hope she makes him sit his ass down and take care of himself!

I love how he has won over the hearts of those who were not familiar with him prior to Celebrity Apprentice. What a sweetie.

You are so right about this statement. I'm 64 and would not have been interested in the ROL show or rock music (my daughter, 37 now, loved Poison when she was a teenager from what I can remember), but having seen him on CA and the other shows recently, he is really a good guy with an endearing personality and love the way he loves his family. I will keep an eye on him from now on!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12