+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Losing It With Jillian!

Losing It With Jillian!

Season Premier ... Tuesday, June 1, 2010. 10pm on NBC!!!

NBC has partnered with popular health and wellness expert Jillian Michaels ("The Biggest Loser") and Giancarlo Chersich (Empowered Media) along with "The Biggest Loser" producers Mark Koops and Howard T. Owens of Reveille and former "Oprah" executive producer Ellen Rakieten for a riveting new life-changing alternative series "Losing It With Jillian."

In the series, Michaels invades a different family every week to give them her own characteristic brand of tough love. She will get to the bottom of the issues each family member faces -- ones that affect their health and happiness -- and will arm them with the tools necessary to make life-altering changes.

The series will also feature celebrity chef Curtis Stone who will enhance Michaels' efforts by ridding the family's kitchen of all unhealthy foods and educating them on proper nutrition, healthy ingredients, cooking tips and recipes.

NBC link ... Losing It with Jillian Michaels | NBC.com

FACEBOOK link ... Losing It With Jillian | Facebook

THIS LOOKS PRETTY GOOD!!
    KAREN

Re: Losing It With Jillian!

Sorry, I'm going to have to pass. I had to stop watching Biggest Loser because of her verbal abuse upon the contestants. I don't approve of her or Bob riding on the backs of a contestant. I think it's disrepectful.

Anyway, if her brand works for some person to help them lose weight, that's great, but I just can't stand to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3916140;
    Sorry, I'm going to have to pass. I had to stop watching Biggest Loser because of her verbal abuse upon the contestants. I don't approve of her or Bob riding on the backs of a contestant. I think it's disrepectful.

Anyway, if her brand works for some person to help them lose weight, that's great, but I just can't stand to watch it.
    I will miss you, Debb. I always love reading all your posts!! I am glad you are on FORT!!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3916148;
    I will miss you, Debb. I always love reading all your posts!! I am glad you are on FORT!!
    Thanks, Momrek06. I enjoy yours too. If you find she has a different approach on he show, let me know and I'll check it out. LOL

According to an interview I read, Jillian is aiming to to be the next Oprah, in light of Oprah's retirement from TV next year. The idea is to expand from personal training to overall health and wellness. This show is to be the springboard for it, is my understanding.

I'm not that enamoured with the concept of this new show but I'll probably check out the premiere and give it a chance.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I can't see Jillian being able to land her own talk show type thing, but who knows. She's too intense.

I don't know yet if I'm going to watch this show. I'm more of a Bob girl.
    Wake up and be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3916803;
    I can't see Jillian being able to land her own talk show type thing, but who knows. She's too intense.
    As I posted in another thread, I used to listen to her radio program. I think you'd be surprised that she is much more balanced than she comes across on TBL. I hope it shows in her new show. And she has really done tons of research about wellness - while she doesn't claim to be an expert, she is connected to many people who are experts in health and medicine. I'm super-excited for it. She has been posting about it on Facebook for months as she has moved from family to family. It seems to have been an amazing experience for her as well, getting to be part of all these families.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I think it's sort of like the difference between Gordon Ramsay on Hell's Kitchen and then how he is on other shows/interviews. It's like night and day. I think Jill is able dial it down and not behave like a demented drill sergeant. I saw her a while back on Dr. Phil as part of a whole panel in a discussion on weight loss and obesity and she was actually the mellow, reasonable one in the group of fitness/pro-weight loss people.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I plan to watch but I will have to DVR it. I think the time slot for the show stinks but oh well.

From what I've read about her she is mellow compared to what we see on TBL. I also think she has mellowed out some this season on TBL. We shall see what her new shows brings. She is excited about it...talking about it all the time on FB.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

The premiere show is on at 10 pm but the rest of the 7 episodes will be on at 8pm.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast