+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Losing It With Jillian!

Re: Losing It With Jillian!

Thankfully NBC has all the episodes online and I caught up with all but this weeks episode. I am seeing a kinder, gentler Jillian, in the sense I really see that she wants to help people and is pushing for them. The angry mom, had major issues as to what happened in her life and I am really glad Jillian was able to help her. I know she lost 74lbs in 6 weeks which is amazing but due to her body type and her daughters is was sorta hard to see. I hope the mom and the daughters do continue on their journey as I think both girls and the mom really needed it. The son was not addressed that much.

I did enjoy seeing Jillian uncomfortable while doing the dancing class (from the 2nd episode). That was funny.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Finally caught up with this week's episode.... I agree, nice to see a family that was really on board from the start. The mom is so big (tall, big boned) she is never going to look like Jillian, but her waist looked teensy!
    Hard to believe there are guys the dad's age who still think talking about feelings or telling your kids you love them is "girly".

FORT Fogey

I'm not a huge Jillian fan, but I tuned in to the final 5 minutes of tonight's show. I was glad to see people made significant changes. I was a bit skeptical given the short amount of time they have to do it in.

How on earth do these people lose so much weight in 6 weeks without the benefit of the Biggest Loser ranch????

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3967239;
    I'm not a huge Jillian fan, but I tuned in to the final 5 minutes of tonight's show. I was glad to see people made significant changes. I was a bit skeptical given the short amount of time they have to do it in.

How on earth do these people lose so much weight in 6 weeks without the benefit of the Biggest Loser ranch????
    I do think that when people are that heavy, and they do a radical change with their diet and start working out 2 or 3 hours a day and they have the support group of the entire family to encourage each other you will see dramatic changes in 2 months. Yes, the body will adapt and they weight loss will slow down but that initial success is very affirming.

I know a few people in FA (Food Addicts Anonymous) and they follow a no sugar, no white flour food plan and many say they are amazed at how quickly they lose the first 20lbs.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3968066;
    I do think that when people are that heavy, and they do a radical change with their diet and start working out 2 or 3 hours a day and they have the support group of the entire family to encourage each other you will see dramatic changes in 2 months. Yes, the body will adapt and they weight loss will slow down but that initial success is very affirming.

I know a few people in FA (Food Addicts Anonymous) and they follow a no sugar, no white flour food plan and many say they are amazed at how quickly they lose the first 20lbs.
    Dang. I need to take a nod from FA, I think. I want to lose 20lbs by mid-August.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I liked the way Jillian posed the fry bread issue---this is NOT what your ancestors ate, this is what the white conquerors gave you to eat and it is poisoning your people. The town is committing mass suicide. That framed it so that attacking fry bread wasn't attacking Native American culture (although I have to say it is a best seller at every Pow wow I"ve ever been to, and sadly quite tasty!). I also liked that she was very nervous about violating cultural mores, and that she realized that things like the walk only worked when she got several locals involved.... the teacher, the original woman, and the old guy who also seemed to be some kind of chief.
    And the son looked great! I know they said he needed to lose nearly 100 lbs. and this was him down 50....if he loses the rest he'll look amazing!

I busted out laughing when they hauled out the fry bread. It is a popular feast item at reserves up in Canada as well. Like PWS, though, I thought Jillian was perfectly right in pointing out that it is NOT a traditional food, and you could even say it's a symbol of the repression and assimilation forced upon native peoples, and removing it from the band's diet is one of many steps towards reclaiming their culture. Now they have to work on getting the local stores to stock their shelves with healthy options - there is a lot of processed and junk foods for sale on reserve. Cora-Lei has an uphill battle - apathy towards health and fitness is common in those communities. Best of luck to her and I admire her courage in assuming a leadership role.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Thank you NBC for having the shows on line. All the episodes are available until August 19th, 2010.

I really liked the last episode about the Yavapi Apache family. I do truly hope that Jillian intervention makes a difference with the tribe.

At first I didn't think I wanted to watch this series but it is growing on me. What I truly hope happens is that NBC does do a reunion show or where are they now show because I would like to know if these families made permanent lifestyle changes. Basically, if they can do it maybe I can too.

Remember the last episode is on tomorrow, July 20, 2010.

Still I do wish they had a reunion show or do some kind of follow up when the next season of Biggest Loser starts. Are you listening NBC????

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3990931;
    Remember the last episode is on tomorrow, July 20, 2010.

Still I do wish they had a reunion show or do some kind of follow up when the next season of Biggest Loser starts. Are you listening NBC????
    I think Jillian said on Twitter that she will post updates on her Facebook page.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast