+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Losing It With Jillian!

Re: Losing It With Jillian!

There are foods I keep out of the house, Haagen Daaz Ice Cream and Lay's Potato Chips. I haven't had any ice cream since May 2009 and it's hard to go through the frozen food isle especially since the weather is so hot here. Potato Chips I do occasionally buy and buy the smallest bag possible cause I can't just eat one.

I too hope there is a bit of a reunion show as the finale. I do want to see how successful these families have done. Gives the rest of us hope.

I have noticed that it looks as if the families are using the Body Bug device as well as Jillian's website for support. So it looks as if they are being given additional tools but I do have one pet peeve. That's the recipes. With my schedule I would rather make a big batch over the weekend and weight it and pack it for breakfast and lunch at work. That's what I do now. I can't cook at work, just microwave and with the crazy traffic I eat breakfast at work. I wish some of these weight loss sites would take into account not all of us are at home to cook breakfast, lunch and dinner.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 06-23-2010 at 02:46 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I hear ya! I used to do freezer cooking but that takes so much time out of a weekend. BUT it does give you food for all month. I too eat all my meals here at work except dinner. I am blessed that I work 7-3 so I can pick my daughter up from school and help her with homework before the 3 yo gets home from daycare (she is so high maint and has to be center of attention). Due to getting home and homework done at a decent time I can cook dinner. I normally double my recipes to have leftovers for lunch. But during the school year it's hard still b/c of extra activities...dance, cheer, Kindermusik, piano, etc.....

We have a cafeteria here at work but they use butter and oil for everything! Luckily they let me use their toaster. And I can get fresh salads here but I can only eat so many salads in a week.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Last night's family was just great - they seemed like really lovely people. It was nice to see them so successful after the 8 weeks.

Are you guys taking about the recipes on the NBC website? I haven't really looked at them. I know that on TBL, the trainers advocate cooking for the week ahead. I don't do that very often as I'm not organized enough, but since my job isn't Monday to Friday I can catch up on cooking on my weekdays off. This time of year is brutal because my kids have sports every single day, and we often have to get the kids to shovel down a quick meal before 5 pm. I usually just try to make enough to ensure there's leftovers for a couple of days.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3948007;
    Last night's family was just great - they seemed like really lovely people. It was nice to see them so successful after the 8 weeks.

Are you guys taking about the recipes on the NBC website? I haven't really looked at them. I know that on TBL, the trainers advocate cooking for the week ahead. I don't do that very often as I'm not organized enough, but since my job isn't Monday to Friday I can catch up on cooking on my weekdays off. This time of year is brutal because my kids have sports every single day, and we often have to get the kids to shovel down a quick meal before 5 pm. I usually just try to make enough to ensure there's leftovers for a couple of days.
    I specifically was talking about the recipes on the Jillian Michaels website but in fact I should include all diet recipes that have widely different meals every day. If I can't pack it the night before and take it with me it won't be made or eaten. That's why I fine sites that recommend you make a white egg omelet for breakfast ridiculous. I live in the Washington DC Metro Area and we have the 2nd worst traffic in the country. It takes me 20 to 30 minutes to travel 6 miles at 6:30am. I used to eat breakfast at home but it was rush, rush, rush. It took me a while to realize that almost everyone at my agency eats breakfast at work and that is what I do. We have to hide the toasters in our breakroom because the guards have confiscated them so you can't make toast or bagels. When our microwave breaks down it is a disaster going to another floor to find one.

That is a hectic morning Bearcata. It takes me that long to get to work and I only work 17 miles from my home. I thought I hated the traffic here. Now...I leave at 6:30....it's much worse around 7:30 am.

I see your point. It is hard to make everything and eat and get out the door. If I had to eat fast I'd have stomach issues all day. This is the main reason why I wait until I get to work to eat.

Bearcata, are Jillian's meals good? What is the difficulty of the meals? Time?

I was doing emealz.com. I lost my weight on WW and this site was a life and time saver. I paid like $15/3 months for 5 dinners a week to be planned for me. You sign up and once a week go on the site to print off that weeks meals...it has a grocery list, ingredients, how to make, etc. You can choose points, low cal, regular, diabetic, low carb, etc meals.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I wouldn't bother making an omelet for breakfast even if I had time. I'm lazy. I generally eat the same thing for breakfast every single day - a boiled egg and a yogurt, sometimes throwing in fruit or granola. I don't have traffic issues - yeesh, I'd go bonkers dealing with that every day - but I'm busy herding my kids out the door and we have to take turns in the bathroom. If my shift starts at 7 am I take breakfast with me, but if it's a later shift I manage to get at least half of it eaten at home.

I have to ask, Bearcata - why are your toasters confiscated? Is there a no-toast rule?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3949152;
    I wouldn't bother making an omelet for breakfast even if I had time. I'm lazy. I generally eat the same thing for breakfast every single day - a boiled egg and a yogurt, sometimes throwing in fruit or granola. I don't have traffic issues - yeesh, I'd go bonkers dealing with that every day - but I'm busy herding my kids out the door and we have to take turns in the bathroom. If my shift starts at 7 am I take breakfast with me, but if it's a later shift I manage to get at least half of it eaten at home.

I have to ask, Bearcata - why are your toasters confiscated? Is there a no-toast rule?
    Facilities did not approve the product. I don't think they are allowed in the building. The same way fans and heaters are not in your cubicle but they somehow make it in. Most people put the toasters away in the cabinets, cause if you leave on out overnight you might as well say bye bye.

I must clarify. The cafeteria has a toaster for the stuff they sell down here but we are not allowed to have the toasters upstairs in the break rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3948677;
    That is a hectic morning Bearcata. It takes me that long to get to work and I only work 17 miles from my home. I thought I hated the traffic here. Now...I leave at 6:30....it's much worse around 7:30 am.

I see your point. It is hard to make everything and eat and get out the door. If I had to eat fast I'd have stomach issues all day. This is the main reason why I wait until I get to work to eat.

Bearcata, are Jillian's meals good? What is the difficulty of the meals? Time?

I was doing emealz.com. I lost my weight on WW and this site was a life and time saver. I paid like $15/3 months for 5 dinners a week to be planned for me. You sign up and once a week go on the site to print off that weeks meals...it has a grocery list, ingredients, how to make, etc. You can choose points, low cal, regular, diabetic, low carb, etc meals.
    I personally have never used Jillian's recipes, but the idea of having to plan and make a new recipe every night, not knowing if I will like it is very daunting. Also when I get home I want to be able to change clothes, get the mail, feed the cats and make something relatively quickly that I don't have to think about and then relax and eat it and not stress out for an hour or two. Making a new meal and planing to prepare it 3 times a day sounds so stressful that I don't want to even attempt it. Also after dealing with a 40 minute to 1 hour commute in the morning, aka not getting killed in traffic, dealing with co-workers and customers for 8 hours having another 40 min to 1 hour commute home and preparing to go to Boot Camp 3 times a week, I really don't want to think about anything else. Long story short, I don't have the energy to be bothered.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I suspect the toaster issue has to do with fire safety and the like. Or maybe they just want to drum up business for the cafeteria!

So, last night's episode was really good. The family didn't complain or whine like all the others. You could tell they wanted to change more than anything and they'd do anything to change. I felt for the 14 yo boy. Wow. My heart goes out to him. I see so many kids overweight and/or obese everywhere I go. It's so sad. The other day I was in line at Wal-Mart buying groceries...it was about 9 PM...anyway, the couple in front of me was giving their 4 yo and 8 yo (close to those ages) Coke to drink...coke...I about died!!!! Between the caffeine and sugar...oh dear...do hope they brushed their teeth before they went to bed. This was an overweight family. I kept waiting for Jillian to pop out of nowhere on them :-)

Back to the show....I cracked up when Jillian couldn't find the house, when she was freaking out over the bees, and mostly when she walked in the door and had to get on a stool to be able to look at the family in their eyes...and she was still shorter than them. This was a different side to Jillian I've not seen before. She didn't scream, yell, cuss, etc. She didn't have too...the family gave everything their all!!!!

Two months later...wow...the family looks amazing! The father and son still has weight to loose but wow.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast