+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Losing It With Jillian!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Losing It With Jillian!

She did say 54 I'm pretty sure...her bio age was maybe 10 years older. I know I did some math to figure out how old she was when she had the boy and it seemed to be in her 40's .

I found it very amusing in an ironic way that Jill didn't want to do the dancing stuff "because she wasn't good at it", didn't want the camera on her. If any of her "victims" had heard her say that can you imagine their response? Suck it up, Jillian! Its good for you to learn to dance!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I see Jillian is supposed to be at 8 again... although last time the paper said that she was still at 10... Are the main channels carrying Obama's 8pm oil spill speech? Will that replace or postpone the 8pm shows, does anyone know?

FORT Newbie

Tonight's show is at 8 but will be joined "in progress" with a brief recap of what was missed while Obama speaks. I haven't been able to find out if NBC is going to rerun it later in the week since we will miss some of it but at the very least I think it will be on Hulu.

I watched it last night....I didn't care for the mother at first but have to say she really changed...physically, mentally, and emotionally. Since we didn't get to see the first part of it I'm not sure why the son wasn't included in the workouts and didn't have to set a goal. He never spoke either. I know he was skinny but just b/c he was skinny doesn't mean anything. He still needed to eat healthier and exercise. I would have like him to set a goal of some sort. BUT maybe he already did all that and either we missed it b/c of Obama speach or the just didn't show us.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I joined it in progress as well...frustrating! The mom was furious with J about the garage sale....not clear why....had Jillian just decided to clean out and sell everything in her garage without asking her? That would make me furious as well..... Did you West Coasters see what happened at the start?

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I tuned it at 10 because I thought that was the new time slot, but I missed it!
    Wake up and be awesome

PWS
    FORT Fogey

My weeklong TV schedule says it is at 10, while today's paper (same paper!) says it is at 8. Good grief. I know the Sunday insert week long version is set way ahead of time, but still.
    At least we know it is tonight, sometime.

I can appreciate Jillian's technique. She wants to break the crap, what ever is holding the person down and build them back up. She does tend to do it in a military fashion with a lot of yelling but it is with the intention of helping the person not to hurt them and also with the idea of making it a permanent life change. I am amazed at the results she is getting with the at home people. I think partly it is so successful is because the entire family is engaged.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I agree Bearcata. If the entire family is on board and making the necessary changes to live a healthy lifestyle then the ones that need it the most will be able to make the changes permanently.

Last night was good. The daughter is beautiful! The father hiding his stash and then finding out the mother has a stash as well....wow....seems to me they were "closet" eaters. I was watching them make the mac and cheese and deep fry the chicken wings...I about died. I don't fry anything at home (my weakness is sweets) so while I was watching I thought I'd get sick. One thing that worked for me was not keeping those things in the house. If I want something I have to go get it....sometimes I do but most of the time I don't b/c I'm too lazy or no time to go get it or something. Which means I must not have wanted it bad enough. Anyway, they looked good at the end. I'm glad they show us 6 or 8 wks later.

It would be cool to have a show reunion to see if they all kept if off or continuing to loose.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Does anyone know if the last episode is just one more family or whether it's a reunion of all the families some time later so we can see who kept going and who didn't?
    I thought they looked very good. Surprisingly so since they both had well over 100 lbs. to lose to be at a "normal" weight, and had only lost 61 and 41 so far. Shows you that you don't have to lose it all to have a strong visual effect!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast