+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Losing It With Jillian!

Re: Losing It With Jillian!

I finally watched it last night and I really liked it. It will become my summer show to watch.

I agree with GA. Jillian will do what needs to be done to get through the thick heads of these people. Sometimes it takes yelling and screaming and other times it may just take soft encouragement.

I do think there needs to be more on healthy eating and recipe suggestions, etc. I about died when they said they never eat green. Even southern cooking includes greens...even though it may be fried greens of some sort.

I have to say....instant mashed potatoes are disgusting! No wonder they added more butter. I don't eat home made ones anymore except maybe at Christmas and/or Thanksgiving b/c it has so much butter and milk in them...I stick with baked or sweet potatoes now.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Newbie

I loved this shoW! Well, im obessed with BL which is why I tuned in. I never thought it would touch me the way it did!

Between Agnes, Jim, and that Baby, or michelle struggling with her self esteem, it was so sad, beautiful, and touching. It makes you think about what you really should be grateful for in life, and how you should maybe stop to look at all you have. And i loved getting to see how happy they were in the end. GO AGNES, 34 pounds girl!

Michelle made me laugh though, when she said, YAH gonna end up Six Feet UNDAH!

FORT Fogey

I too just watched the show, and really hope the finale has a kind of final weigh-in or something to show us the progress the families made after the 6 weeks. I know some will struggle, but I want to learn from that too! Showing more about recipes and shopping would be great - for both this and TBL! How do they decide what to eat - is it a weekly plan? And how do they deal with cravings...since they are all at home?

A video preview of tonight's show ... how sad.

Losing It with Jillian - The Jones Family - Video - NBC.com

Remember tonight's show is on at 8pm!
    KAREN

Where is the show all I see is America's Got Talent?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I caught part of it earlier tonight. I ended up switching because I wanted to watch the Glee finale I DVR'd. I won't go out of my way to watch it but if I'm flipping channels and I run across it, I will watch.

Jillian was really tough on the mother but she got her to break down and identify a few of her biggest issues when they were in the gym. I also liked how Jillian kept encouraging her to run to her kids on the track. Honestly, if she spoke to me like that, I'd probably punch her in the mouth (lol) but some people need and respond best to that kind of tough love. What I do like about her is the fact that she really does seem to care about these people. She wants what is best for them and their families. I don't get the feeling that she's doing it just for the fame.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

The premiere was at 10 pm and the rest of the series was to be aired at 8pm but I guess America's Got Talent must be doing really well in the ratings so it looks as if Jillian's show will be on at 10 pm for the rest of the series.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

According to Jillian's FB page, Losing It now has TBL's time slot on Tuesdays.

I liked this show better than the first. I don't like to say "deserving" but that woman and her kids seriously needed to catch a break, and they were a great choice for the show.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I liked the episode as well. I cringed when the little girl said she wanted to lose weight.

It's sad, but I remember that by age 12, I was already dieting and worrying about my weight. Isabella is very physically mature for her age (I was too, it sucks ), that can't help her body self-image. I like that Jillian shut her down when she said she wanted to lose weight, but encouraged her to be very active.

Was it my imagination, or very bad hearing, when Deb (the mom) said she was turning 54? I took her for 10 years younger.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast