+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Losing It With Jillian!

Re: Losing It With Jillian!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3917012;
    The premiere show is on at 10 pm but the rest of the 7 episodes will be on at 8pm.
    Thanks, Bearcata!!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3916859;
    I think it's sort of like the difference between Gordon Ramsay on Hell's Kitchen and then how he is on other shows/interviews. It's like night and day. I think Jill is able dial it down and not behave like a demented drill sergeant. I saw her a while back on Dr. Phil as part of a whole panel in a discussion on weight loss and obesity and she was actually the mellow, reasonable one in the group of fitness/pro-weight loss people.
    I think that she's a very canny self-promoter (and I don't mean that as a slam, I'm a big fan of hers). I also think she is sincerely invested in wanting to bring her brand of health and wellness to a wider demographic. She has the same kind of intensity as Dr. Oz (and maybe the same as Dr. Phil used to have when he started out).

I've been following her Facebook entries about the new show as well. I guess my main issue with the whole concept is that I'm not as interested as watching what I would term the "emotional wellness" stuff as I am in the nuts and bolts - the actual physical fitness training and the diet. I suspect this new show is going to focus on the former rather than the latter.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Tonight!!!
    KAREN

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Is anyone watching Jillian's show right now? She's screaming at these people... I love it.
    Wake up and be awesome

Watched it this morning. Yes we do see a gentler kinder Jillian. I do hope the families do continue their journeys as I hate to say the mom and dad are big enough that a 34lb and 48lb weight loss don't show up that much. I do think though that Jillian did pinpoint 2 areas that really did need to be touched on. The death of the the first son that happened 22 yrs ago and is still affecting this family and the fact that everyone tip toed around Jimbo. I do hope that for the finale of this summer series that all the families are revisited just to see if they did continue their journeys. 6 weeks is one thing, 6 months is another.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I didn't get to watch last night but I plan to watch it today or tomorrow...have tons to do today so it may be tomorrow evening before I can watch it. I'm looking forward to seeing what they plan to show us....the emotional aspect or the physical aspect of weight loss or both...
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I very much enjoyed this and will be watching future shows. Jillian is Jillian when it comes to TV, however, whatever method works for people fighting obese weight can't be bad. She lost it several times but I have to support her method's to her madness.

Its so easy to say "I can't do it", however she finds that little bit of hope deep down in your soul to encourage people to continue. If that means screaming at the top of your lungs, then so be it. At one point, the father said something like "I can't do it, its killing me", while he was running on the treadmill. She said "no you're killing yourself", something like that.

The family had a daughter getting married in 6 weeks, and they all pledged different issues, better father, better listener as well as weight loss goals in the 6 weeks.

I'm glad they showed the results, the wedding, and each of the family members who had achieved their weight loss in the 6 weeks, they do have alot more to go but at least they have learned the benefits of eating healthy.

Its the same sort of storyline, overweight people have other issues to deal with, in this case the mother lost an infant son 20 some odd yrs ago, the father could never talk about the son. Jillian gets everyone to talk about it, lots of crying, lots of hugs.

Very emotional, I really enjoyed it.

I liked it as well. I am from Boston, soooo I loved seeing anything that is in MA!!! The family seemed like lovely people. Very sad when they talked of the baby they lost. I am glad they followed through and lost the weight for their daughter's wedding.

I wish there was more with shopping for the right foods, meal planning and making of healthy recipes for them as well as for the viewing audience.

I was shocked when the dad said they don't do green ...

I will continue to watch. The preview for next week looks really sad.
    KAREN

I thought it was okay. The gym sequences were the best, and that's where Jillian really shines. I liked the idea of Agnes taking the lead training Jimbo, and though some might think it's corny, I was affected by a couple of things Jillian said - namely, that "trying" is planning for failure. Training is more than just a passing interest for me and since I don't have the benefit of a personal trainer, many times I have had to dig deep for inspiration.

I confess I fast-forwarded through most of the dead baby discussion. I understand the need for the family to be able to talk about it but I found it painful to listen to.

Oh, and I take issue with the notion that Italians don't eat greens. There's tons of veggies in Italian cooking! Plus, traditionally, there's salad after every meal, and plenty of healthy fats, like olive oil. It may be hard to pry an Italian away from the dinner table - meals can turn into eating marathons - but you can cook Italian without using a half bottle of oil in your chicken. And needless to say, there's no instant mashed potatoes. With half a stick of butter?!? Blech.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Oh? I totally missed the Italians don't eat greens. That must have been during the first 5 minutes or so? I missed that part.

Whoever said that, was not raised in a traditional Italian home! I remember many meals, that consisted only of greens, beans etc. and no meat. There's no instant anything in an Italian home!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast