+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: True Beauty 2

Re: True Beauty 2

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3935118;
    I don't have a problem with them sending someone home for breaking the rules. If it says no using a cell-phone, then Regina broke the rules. I thought that Vanessa's justification of the rule was ridiculous. "Someone could find out the truth of this competition." Not likely.
    I should clarify WrigleyDog - I have no problems with people being ejected for not following the rules.

That said - if she had it on her person, it makes me wonder if they were told to turn them in and she didn't or they did not and she was allowed to keep it. If it was the latter, they opened themselves up for a challenge on the rules, because if they let her keep it, then in essence that implies she could use it - even if the rules say they can't.

To me the way this rule was handled is questionable IMHO and rather lame if you look at it. They should've said - if this were the case "We found you had a cellphone with you in spite of the fact production told you that you could not have it. Therefore, we must disqualify you from the competition." Even with her mistakes in the show, the fact that they don't specify whether they asked for the phone or not, those shouldn't have been used as another reason to eliminate her - this case she was ONLY brought there because of the rule break and therefore she should've had a fair shot at returning. Then again... the moment the main hostess showed up - that was ruined because she would KNOW that there was something up and therefore would be a hazard to the rest of the facade of the show if she blabbed the truth to the others.

But - add to it her antics, I'm not upset at all she was eliminated... HOWEVER Liz should've been out of there too and then there'd just be a safe week.

I figure it's all a conspiracy to keep Liz around longer for the "drama" of it all. She does bring the crazy, which is what they love.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3936504;
    I figure it's all a conspiracy to keep Liz around longer for the "drama" of it all. She does bring the crazy, which is what they love.
    Ya think?
    I'm wondering if she'll win the next challenge so that she can stay around one more week. This week they basically told her (and Taylor) that they were on borrowed time.

FORT Fogey

I think it was likely that the Regina could have learned the real point to the show by using a phone. "Hey, girl! I'm on a show and Vanessa Minnillo is the host." "Oh, really? You know she hosts a show called 'True Beauty,' right?" It definitely could happen!
    Anyway, I am really torn about this Liz situation. She doesn't seem to have a lot of inner beauty. But is what she's doing any worse than the way the others are picking on her? I'm not a fan of the mob mentality either. It seems like she is an easy target as she is the oldest contestant and she is one of the most beautiful girls there. She won the first challenge and I can see how people might be jealous of her. And maybe she doesn't fit in. I guess I am having a difficult time understanding why she is supposed to be so horrible when the others talk about her and aren't nice to her. Well, I am glad she didn't go home because the writers are obviously giving her a storyline and I am interested to see how it will turn out.
    I thought Taylor was really attractive so I am glad he didn't go home. After Michael left, he's my only eye candy. He has a bad personality though. And does anyone else think Craig looks like Spencer Pratt? Yikes!

I think the elevator challenge was the best challenge so far. The first ones seemed really tricky. It seemed like things were confusing just so that someone would get tripped up. Even the test with the drunk driver was tricky. People tend to defer to the experts. Since the valet didn't care, you would expect most people to follow his lead. I think the focus group challenge was bogus. Most of the people who "passed" the test could have been cursing and plotting revenge in their heads. And the ones who failed seemed to be the ones with really bad critiques.

Finally, did anyone else notice that Erika was on Making the Band? She was.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3936602;
    Finally, did anyone else notice that Erika was on Making the Band? She was.
    She's one of my favorites on this show, along with Amy and Michelle. It's funny how all the women looked at the questions in the elevator and the guys seemed like they couldn't care less.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3936764;
    It's funny how all the women looked at the questions in the elevator and the guys seemed like they couldn't care less.
    That was funny. There must be something to the psychology of that, i.e. men vs. women.

I'm so disappointed in Liz being kept around yet another week because of Regina's stupidity and desparateness to contact family members.. But at the same time, in contacting outsiders it would indeed give her the unfair advantage of knowing what the show is truely about, so I know she needed to go, but unfortunately it happened when Liz was finally on the "much deserved, and long overdue chopping block."

I can't stand Liz. I, being a native Nevadian, from Reno, not Vegas, can not bear the thought of Liz becoming the "Face of Vegas". Talk about a negative image of Nevada, and Vegas! :nono She's ugly inside and out. Phoney, mean, judgemental, and a horrible image of what Nevada REALLY has to offer.

She's a loser! Rotten inside and out...She's cheated, swindled and lied her way to where she's at so far in this show...her days are numbered...of this I'm certain!

NVKitty

I'm not sure what Regina could have found out from calling home.
    I assumed the show had finished filming entirely before it was shown, is this not the case?
    Also, you don't get to see Vanessa Minillo until you've been eliminated, not that any of the eliminated people seem to have a clue who Minillo is.
    Obviously Regina broke a rule and should have gone home, but it was annoying that Liz didn't get the boot.

I'm sure Liz's time will come.
    I don't know if there's much she can do to neutralize stealing the outfit in the first episode.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3936602;
    But is what she's (Liz) doing any worse than the way the others are picking on her? I'm not a fan of the mob mentality either. It seems like she is an easy target as she is the oldest contestant and she is one of the most beautiful girls there. She won the first challenge and I can see how people might be jealous of her. And maybe she doesn't fit in. I guess I am having a difficult time understanding why she is supposed to be so horrible when the others talk about her and aren't nice to her.
    I don't think she's beautiful, and I don't think that the others are jealous of her. They're ganging up on her because of her attitude.

I don't think she's beautiful, and I don't think that the others are jealous of her. They're ganging up on her because of her attitude.
    I think she's beautiful until she starts talking. If we had stopped at pictures, I probably would have put her toward the top of this year's group.

But she's just a really nasty person. And I don't think the others are jealous of her, either...as what's-his-name said last night, she brings it on herself.

+ Reply to Thread