+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: True Beauty 2

Re: True Beauty 2

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3931889;
    2 - The judges! The host! If this show is supposed to be about inner beauty? How about finding judges and a host that actually convey this? Because they come off as a mean girl clique. Especially the hostess when she steps out and reveals the truth, she has such a "stank" face on and her voice is dripping with disdain and contempt. There is no hiding that this trio are just as ugly on the inside as they are on the outside.
    I have to disagree with this, as far as Beth goes. I know of her from listening to Howard (I'm a 30-something female listener) and Beth does a LOT of charity work, particularly for animal rescue. Aside from that, she seems to be a very sweet and caring person and seems to look on the bright side and find the good in people. I don't know anything about Carson or Vanessa, but felt the need to defend Beth since her work with animals is something I admire.

IMHO - the job of the judges is to talk about the ugly things that the castmembers do, so you can't blame them for being a little snarky and talking about the contestants behind their backs.

so the night Liz needs to go home, they change the criteria?

This show has sucked me in - and I'm glad! As far as tonight's episode:

Click to see Spoiler:
    NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I wanted Liz to go home!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess that this supports the theory that they will keep her around as long as possible for the drama she generates. A little bummed by Tyalor's behavior tonight. Temper, much?
    :nono

Quote Originally Posted by greyhoundmom;3933224;
    I have to disagree with this, as far as Beth goes. I know of her from listening to Howard (I'm a 30-something female listener) and Beth does a LOT of charity work, particularly for animal rescue. Aside from that, she seems to be a very sweet and caring person and seems to look on the bright side and find the good in people. I don't know anything about Carson or Vanessa, but felt the need to defend Beth since her work with animals is something I admire.
    Beth may look like the typical vapid blonde, but she's definitely NOT. She does a ton of work for the North Shore Animal League, a really large no-kill animal rescue organization (Beth Ostrosky Raises $300,000 For Animal Rescues)

I think Vanessa is kind of a nitwit, but I like Carson a lot.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Vanessa acts the part of a strict, no-nonsense judge. I don't think the contestants are beautiful. I want the contestants to pass the inner beauty tests: I look and hope for goodness in people. There are a lot of people who are ugly on the inside who are "successful..." but at least with this show, there will be some justice in the world because the winner must have inner beauty.

I don't think they changed the criteria...if Regina hadn't used her phone, she wouldn't have been sent home, and Liz would be gone.

It's all Regina's fault ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;3934296;
    I don't think they changed the criteria...if Regina hadn't used her phone, she wouldn't have been sent home, and Liz would be gone.

It's all Regina's fault ;-)
    Frankly, I find that it's not fair Regina was eliminated. If she brought her own cell phone, the company should've confiscated it. Now, if she borrowed someone's in the community they're in and used it ... well they'd had a case.

She could actually had contested this one instead of doing the whiny "Give me one more chance" because she was going to lose on that - the double bird was what did her in IMHO.

If she hadn't used the phone, I have little doubt Liz would've been home - though frankly? - I think both should've gone home even if they did eliminate Regina. Liz bit a contestant and I don't care if she's intoxicated or not, you don't harm another player (at least last time I checked).

All in all, the only person I've actually liked is the young Asian woman in the show. She took probably one of the harshest criticisms in that panel fairly well considering, and that alone makes her a lot classier than the other women.

Men's side, the only one who bothers me is the one with the dark fake tan and the spiky hair that acts IMHO a bit effeminate. He's the only one on the men's side right now I don't want to see win, the others I wouldn't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3934724;
    Frankly, I find that it's not fair Regina was eliminated. If she brought her own cell phone, the company should've confiscated it. Now, if she borrowed someone's in the community they're in and used it ... well they'd had a case.

She could actually had contested this one instead of doing the whiny "Give me one more chance" because she was going to lose on that - the double bird was what did her in IMHO.

If she hadn't used the phone, I have little doubt Liz would've been home - though frankly? - I think both should've gone home even if they did eliminate Regina. Liz bit a contestant and I don't care if she's intoxicated or not, you don't harm another player (at least last time I checked).

All in all, the only person I've actually liked is the young Asian woman in the show. She took probably one of the harshest criticisms in that panel fairly well considering, and that alone makes her a lot classier than the other women.

Men's side, the only one who bothers me is the one with the dark fake tan and the spiky hair that acts IMHO a bit effeminate. He's the only one on the men's side right now I don't want to see win, the others I wouldn't mind.
    I also don't like the Brad Pitt wannabe. He stands out as being full of himself in this crown of narcissists - and that's saying something. I, too, like Amy right now. I also like Taylor though I'm disappointed at his temper following his critique.

they should have bounced Regina AND liz out the door

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

I don't have a problem with them sending someone home for breaking the rules. If it says no using a cell-phone, then Regina broke the rules. I thought that Vanessa's justification of the rule was ridiculous. "Someone could find out the truth of this competition." Not likely.

+ Reply to Thread