+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: True Beauty 2

FORT Fogey

Re: True Beauty 2

OK I am very confused. How is it that a girl that is ok with stealing, and is ok with revealing secrets about a magic show that she was asked not to able to stay, and a girl who fumbles a magic trick is up for elimination. So if you leave a fake thumb out on a table you are just not a true beauty? So basically if you can pass some random tests that have nothing to do with inner or out beauty than you are put to a test with another person who cannot pass some random test to see if you can be nice in one instant. However, a person who is not nice in several instances, but is good at random tests may win?

How are they ever going to call the winner a true beauty if Liz passes all the random stuff? No way is she a real true beauty.

They should put them all to a personality type test like they do to the final two, and see who does the worst. Liz should have been one up for elimination for the first round along with someone else who stole.

So confusing .

FORT Fogey

I saw a hidden camera show that was done with a fake drunk pilot at a bar to see if anyone would do anything to report him and stop him from flying a plane. There were only about two out of ten people who said anything at all to the "pilot." Everyone else just watched him drink. And he was wearing a pilot's uniform and uniform hat. So when I saw Regina say that the drunk man shouldn't get into the car, I thought that it might be scripted, maybe because from what I saw on that other show, it's rare for people to speak up about drinking and flying/driving. They can't just have inner beauty challenges because the contestants would figure out that they have to be kind to win. Since they think the contest is for the face of Vegas, they don't know that kindness is important. They won't let Liz win.

FORT Fogey

Maybe the girl has had some personal friend/family member killed by a drunk driver and is more sensitive to the situation.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

As a side note to this Penn & Teller episode, I noticed Penn & Teller's dressing room is pretty much unchanged since it was made over on "While You Were Out." In a WYWO episode, Penn conspired with the WYWO crew to decorate the dressing room to surprise Teller. (It was pretty much a plain, bare-bones dressing room before.)

FORT Fogey

I like the blonde Italian. She'd probably drive me nuts in real life, but she's entertaining and so far the least "icky" of the bunch.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

So far, I'd agree. And the only one I really detest at this point is Liz. (Which probably means they'll keep her around as long as possible for the drama.)

I am enjoying this show too but I can't understand the reasoning behind some of the challenges. The thing that has offended me the most was the guy pushing the lady over so he could get in the door, and he didn't get eliminated.

The gossip was something everyone in the house had participated in, regarding Liz, so it is hard to hold that against anyone more than anyone else.

The stealing challenge... well I think that, in a court of law, the case would not hold up. I mean the sales girl has "implied authority"... she is a representative of the business... she made the sale. If she wants to throw something in at the same price, that is just good customer service (that's what the lawyer would say anyway).

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13;3931164;
    I am enjoying this show too but I can't understand the reasoning behind some of the challenges. The thing that has offended me the most was the guy pushing the lady over so he could get in the door, and he didn't get eliminated.

The gossip was something everyone in the house had participated in, regarding Liz, so it is hard to hold that against anyone more than anyone else.

The stealing challenge... well I think that, in a court of law, the case would not hold up. I mean the sales girl has "implied authority"... she is a representative of the business... she made the sale. If she wants to throw something in at the same price, that is just good customer service (that's what the lawyer would say anyway).
    That was what I thought at first, but on second glance, they say that she was a stylist helping the contestants, not an employee of the store. In that case, they are on the hook for stealing - not to mention the ethics of unfairly taking more than they were allowed in the challenge. Liz was tripped up by that when someone said her outfit cost more than what they were given. She lied and said that some of the ones like it were more, she just found the one that cost less.
    On the preview for next week Liz is even more obnoxious. It seems she doesn't do well with too much vodka.

FORT Fogey

I understand a lot of people are doing the bad things, and I am not excusing anyone, but Liz does it fast without any regard to what she is doing. She obviously does not have a conscience at all. She was singing the whole trick to the reporter quickly too.

I like this show, I probably shouldn't but I do. I think the contestants (even the obnoxious ones like Liz and that guy with the too white teeth and too much time in the tanning bed with the spiked hair....his name escapes me) all make for interesting tv (I wouldn't want to be in the same room with any of them but they are fun to watch on tv).

A couple of things I find interesting:

1 - Am I the only one who thinks these people aren't all that attractive? I keep looking at them and trying to figure out what they see when they look in the mirror that makes them think they are so better looking than everybody else. I don't see it.

2 - The judges! The host! If this show is supposed to be about inner beauty? How about finding judges and a host that actually convey this? Because they come off as a mean girl clique. Especially the hostess when she steps out and reveals the truth, she has such a "stank" face on and her voice is dripping with disdain and contempt. There is no hiding that this trio are just as ugly on the inside as they are on the outside.

Wouldn't it be something if one of the eliminated contestants actually said something to that affect?

Anyways. I like watching this show and just pretty much fast forward past the judges and hostess, although I really don't care who wins. I'm just enjoying seeing them continue to live in their very pretty little self-indulged worlds and catching a glimpse of what it's like in there.

And....regarding the gossiping about Liz. I'm a little surprised with the way that was viewed/handled by the judges. To me? If every single person is talking about what a hateful person somebody is then I would start to wonder about that person and if there was some truth to it. Instead of tsking tsking the ones doing the gossiping, how about taking a closer look at Liz to find out what about her is making them talk? Jealousy? Or is she that nasty of a person?
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread