+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: True Beauty 2

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: True Beauty 2

I just remembered what bothered me most about this show... the hypocrisy of shallow people judging others.

I'm new here so excuse me if I make some mistakes. I also watched this show last season....still wondering why I did but now I'm watching this season. Again, wondering why but can't seem to stop. Anyway, I went to school with Cheryl Tiegs. She was everything a supermodel should be, tall, slender, pretty and photogenic. But I noticed last year that her personality had not changed one bit. Very quiet, almost shy and unassuming, which makes for a great friend but not for a judge on a reality show. Somehow I had expected her to have come out of her shyness but apparently not which I think is great considering how some people let fame go to their head. For that reason, I can understand why she didn't return as a judge.
    I think they also went with new judges because people would have recognized the old ones (and realized that the show wasn't "The Face of Vegas" but another "True Beauty").

FORT Fogey

This show is rather stupid. I mean the guy who gets to go through was just as bad as the one who did not. He shoved a person right out of the way with no regard to her at all. The stealing thing was horrible, and I would never do it, but did you notice the lady really pushed it on some people, and even stuck it in their bag. I think Liz looked the worst. I mean she had no care about it at all, and with how they do this show someone who is the worst could technically get farther than someone who is decent.

The guy that shoved the lady out of the way looks like an oompa loompa to me. That weird tan, and those white teeth. Everytime he smiled I thought I was watching Willy Wonka.

The premise of the show is interesting, but the execution is flawed. (In addition to the fact that vain, shallow people are the judges.) It appears that you have someone who appeared out and out sneaky and full of herself (though, aren't they all?) going on, and someone going home who at least was helpful and kind to a stranger.
    And really, the challenge was uncomfortable to me. If the stylist in the store was working for the store, (or seemed to be I wasn't clear on that point) then is it a little less bad to take something that is being urged upon you? I consider myself a very honest person and I think I would do the right thing, but in the heat of the contest with an "employee" shoving something I felt I needed to win in my bag, I can only hope I wouldn't succumb. Last season there were people who seemed otherwise less obnoxious than most of the group, who screwed up during a competition. They said later that they had just gotten caught up in the game and that wasn't typical of who they really were.
    If this were a social experiment, it would be more accurate to observe longer and send home all the people who failed the challenges, not just one per night. That wouldn't be the best way to make a reality tv show, but it would be more accurate in finding the "True Beauty."

FORT Newbie

I actually really enjoyed the episode, although I did disagree with the elimination. JD seemed like a nice person, while Daniel didn't at all! I didn't understand that.

That being said, I love this season! The cast is great, I like them all except for the Spencer Pratt one and Daniel.

How creative was the challenge? that was my favorite part of the episode! And for everyone who is complaining that the show is stupid because Liz didn't go home, everyone needs to realize that SHE WILL AT ONE POINT. no way they're letting someone like that slide by. However, she did win the challenge, so theres another element to the game.

and if anyone who watched season one would remember, Julia, the winner, was told that she was the only one to pass all eight of the hidden camera challenges: honesty, charity, compassion, consideration, teamwork, decency, loyalty, and modesty.

which means some of our contestants are in trouble.

FORT Fogey

billybop is totally right! Although, someone who does horribly in the beginning may never be eliminated and could win if they show improvement. Well, that's a theory.
    The point of the show is to find someone with inner and outer beauty. The challenges are meant to test outer beauty. The eliminations are usually based on inner beauty. Remember the nice guy from last season? He was the tall black man. He was so sweet but he was sent home because he didn't do well in the challenges. He was a really great guy but he didn't prove he had a lot of outer beauty.
    Julia was pretty shallow and I never really noticed she had passed all the tests. I was glad that she won. I don't think this season's winner will have passed all the tests. That would be too obvious!

FORT Fogey

I can't seem to retain all the fluff.

Who passed/failed this and last week? This is about all I can remember:

Week 1 - Stealing Pass
    Regina

Week 2 - Telling Pass
    Amy
    Erika
    Regina
    David
    Michael
    Taylor
    Last edited by Jexter; 06-07-2010 at 10:54 PM.

FORT Fogey

I've read so much about other reality shows that really are scripted: I wondered about this show. I tried to find out if this show was really scripted, but I wasn't able to get answers to my questions. I know that revealing confidences, secrets, are harmful. I didn't think that it was harmful to gossip about Liz, since they weren't revealing secrets, and what they said was true.

What fascinates me most about this show are the hidden camera challenges. Like on the first show when that guy literally pushed the poor woman out of the way and told her he couldn't help because he had something to do? Who does that? Yes, I'm pretty sure we're all capable of gossip (well, I'm guilty anyway ), and the first challenge may have been a bit ambiguos as far as stealing goes...but cheating is cheating. Still, the guy last night who watched the blatantly drunk guy get into the car and then joked about it afterwards? Really? I don't think he'd be laughing if his mother or sister was killed because he let that "drunk" get behind the wheel. What an utter moron!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread