+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: True Beauty 2

Re: True Beauty 2

Help me out, I remember True Beauty very well but I keep getting it mixed up with a show that I believe was on the Oxygen Channel where a bunch of disturbed ladies lived together and the point of the show was that whoever's personality improved the most won. There was an oversized model as the host. Anyone know or remember the name of that show?
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3916411;
    Help me out, I remember True Beauty very well but I keep getting it mixed up with a show that I believe was on the Oxygen Channel where a bunch of disturbed ladies lived together and the point of the show was that whoever's personality improved the most won. There was an oversized model as the host. Anyone know or remember the name of that show?
    Tiger,

They took Oxygen off my Time Warner lineup, but before they did, I do remember seeing a bit of a show with some crazy ladies who all lived together and constantly got their conversations bleeped (because they kept cursing). I never really saw a full show, though, but it sounds like that may have been the one.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3916380;
    I was surprised it got renewed, as the ratings were pretty abysmal last year.
    Perhaps, they figured it was due to the judges.
    Looks like they swapped out Cheryl and the gentleman (can't remember his name) for Carson and Howard Stern's wife!! I think they should have swapped out Vanessa. For me, she was the most annoying part of the show.
    I agree. The funny thing is, I've heard it rumored that she's a bit of a diva herself, when the premise of the show is to weed out those types!
    One thing that really annoyed me last season was the one guy left towards the end who was considered "hot," but incredibly rude. She was giving him a pass because, well, she thought he was hot!
    Ummm, Vanessa, did you read what the show's about?

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3916446;
    Tiger,

They took Oxygen off my Time Warner lineup, but before they did, I do remember seeing a bit of a show with some crazy ladies who all lived together and constantly got their conversations bleeped (because they kept cursing). I never really saw a full show, though, but it sounds like that may have been the one.
    Thanks nrh, I think the one you're thinking of is called Bad Girls, I never could stomach watching that show. The one I was thinking of after searching the internet to figure out who the host was which led me to the name of the show is called, "Pretty Wicked". It kind of reminds me of True Beauty.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3916497;
    Thanks nrh, I think the one you're thinking of is called Bad Girls, I never could stomach watching that show. The one I was thinking of after searching the internet to figure out who the host was which led me to the name of the show is called, "Pretty Wicked". It kind of reminds me of True Beauty.
    Bad Girls. Should have known....totally appropriate name.

Glad to see you found the name of the show.
    What would we do without google??

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3916448;
    I agree. The funny thing is, I've heard it rumored that she's a bit of a diva herself, when the premise of the show is to weed out those types!
    One thing that really annoyed me last season was the one guy left towards the end who was considered "hot," but incredibly rude. She was giving him a pass because, well, she thought he was hot!
    Too funny!!

I heard those rumors about Vanessa, too.
    Also, she was 1 of the 3 who interviewed for the co-host spot on DWTS.
    While I'm not thrilled with Brooke, the possibility of having Vanessa in that role would not be a good one at all.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3916380;
    I was surprised it got renewed, as the ratings were pretty abysmal last year.
    Perhaps, they figured it was due to the judges.
    Looks like they swapped out Cheryl and the gentleman (can't remember his name) for Carson and Howard Stern's wife!! I think they should have swapped out Vanessa. For me, she was the most annoying part of the show.
    That judge you are referring to is Nole` Marin. He cracked me up with his little catty remarks . Cheryl was a rather worthless judge.
    Carson should be very entertaining! I am looking forward to hearing what he has to say about the contestants .

I can't stand Vanessa either, I wish they would have cleaned house and replaced her too while they were at it.

THanks.
    I liked Nole.
    I did think Cheryl was out of her element on this show.
    Carson is good at being snarky. I agree.
    Don't know if I can deal with Vanessa and Beth, though.
    And, what is up with the contestants.
    I've seen several promos with a dark haired guy who seems to have the most enormous, bright white teeth I've ever seen.
    Too funny...

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3916448;
    Funny thing about Vanessa is she was voted Miss Congeniality the year she won Miss Teen USA, but I've heard the same you have in the last few years. Sounds like she wouldn't even be in the running now They have a pageant girl this season who didn't have the best reputation on the circuit, so we'll see how those two get along. Put two of them together and they don't always mesh, especially when one has more power. I don't really mind her, but then again, I've never watched anything closely with her on it. I know she was in the running to take the DWTS co-hosting job, and I figured she didn't get it because True Beauty wasn't coming back. Since when has ABC ever failed to cross promote two shows?

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

This is one show they can bring back as many times as they want. The people on it ususally have no clue about the real world and are too narcissistic to think anyone could fool them.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

+ Reply to Thread