+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: True Beauty 2

Re: True Beauty 2

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3953618;
    No kidding! And that crack she made about not even being able to look at the photo?!?! Give me a break! Howard Stern is one of the most disgusting males that I have ever heard of. If she can love him, stay married to him, live with him then there is no way that anything can shock her.
    As a daily Stern listener I just wanted to stick up for him and Beth here. While you are certainly entitled to your opinion, I'm not sure how you can make these judgements when you obviously don't listen to the show. Yes, Howard can have a foul mouth on air, but that's all it is - on air. In his personal life (while I don't know directly, but he and others have said many times) he's a quiet keep-to-himself dad of 3 girls and husband to Beth. He also donates to many charities and good causes. It's not like he's at home having strippers dance around the house 24-7 screaming the F word. I think Beth is lucky to have such a loving supportive husband and hearing her on the show at times and knowing about all of her work for the North Shore Animal League, she seems like a wonderful person.

While Stern may or may not act that way at home it is what he puts out there for people to hear. I don't listen to his show but I have caught him a few times unfortunately. If he wants to be known as a person who is kind, compassionate and does good for others then perhaps he should lay off of his "show persona". I found him rude and disgusting when I heard the little that I did. Sorry, but I can't think that a person who behaves that way on the air is really going to be totally different at home.

I used to be forced to listen to his show (d-bag of a boss) and I find him to be quite vile. I am not at all a prude (have posed nude for an artist, swear like a drunken sailor, am deeply and occasionally verbally annoyed by prissiness), but Stern's public persona is gratuitously vulgar and not remotely funny. It is surprising that someone married to him could take offense so easily.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by greyhoundmom;4007520;
    As a daily Stern listener I just wanted to stick up for him and Beth here. While you are certainly entitled to your opinion, I'm not sure how you can make these judgements when you obviously don't listen to the show. Yes, Howard can have a foul mouth on air, but that's all it is - on air. In his personal life (while I don't know directly, but he and others have said many times) he's a quiet keep-to-himself dad of 3 girls and husband to Beth. He also donates to many charities and good causes. It's not like he's at home having strippers dance around the house 24-7 screaming the F word. I think Beth is lucky to have such a loving supportive husband and hearing her on the show at times and knowing about all of her work for the North Shore Animal League, she seems like a wonderful person.

I agree and have heard the same things.

As for this show, I dont know how they can last another season because anyone interested in being on a reality show knows this format. I suppose they could change the hosts but everyone is alert to this possibility for any show in the future.

Are they going to do this again?

+ Reply to Thread