+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: True Beauty 2

Re: True Beauty 2

I too thought Erica would win it. She truly was the most beautiful on the inside!

out of all the guys, Taylor was probably the best "guy" candidate but Erica was by far the better choice over all

I was happy for Taylor. I liked him. He wasn't perfect, but then who is? He still seemed like a good guy.
    With that said, I was surprised too that it wasn't Erica. She definitely had the most positive edit. I liked her too.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Taylor was very sweet a lot of the time, so he was the best guy pick. However, with his drinking and temper tantrums, how could they choose him over Erica? Even if they thought she was being fake, she sure did well faking it for so long. And the catty comments in the house weren't even all that bad, IMO. I worry about Taylor and his drinking, and can't believe the show wants to reward that.

FORT Fogey

I'm torn. I think they should have done a Mr. and Mrs. Las Vegas and put both Tyler and Erica through.

I really like both of them. And, I was really surprised at how much I ended up liking Craig. In listening to the judges sentiments, I think he was the right choice for F3. And for once, he sounded semi-intelligent.

By the end of this show, I liked all 3 of them for different reasons but as far as looks go, to me, Taylor was the least good looking. JMHO but Erica and Craig/Brad Pitt both are very good looking. Taylor was just ok looking but he did do other things well, like the last Vegas video they did.
    They also seemed pretty equal in the good vs evil aspect. So I wasn't disappointed nor was I delighted with their choice.
    The whole show was pretty silly anyway but I'd still watch another season of it. I admit it: I'm a realty junkie and while I enjoy crocheting, it's nice to have on something rather mindless so I can do both at the same time.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

I really thought Erika should've won. She was the most genuine, empathetic person there. Melting down briefly after being up all night and then being given another challenge was a horrible basis upon which to judge, and one from which they really couldn't learn anything. (Except not to stay up all night.) I don't think they wanted to have two women win "True Beauty" back-to-back so they decided on Taylor. If Erika couldn't win, he was the best choice by a mile. (Agreeing with whomever mentioned Craig's tissue grabbing incident when Amy was crying - that was the type of thing that defined him for me. And good grief! He was kind to Liz because he wanted to get into her pants! That doesn't make him a "nice" person IMO.)

Interestingly enough, I've just now gotten to watch the final episode after getting home from........Las Vegas! I had to go there on business and, as my husband heard me watching "True Beauty" he asked, "What in the world are you watching? Didn't you get enough of Vegas while you were there?"

I woke up the day after I saw the finale with the realization that Erica seemed "not genuine" relative to the guys for the sole reason that she is a female in a gender-unequal world. Girls are taught that any "negative" thoughts and behaviors are socially unacceptable; I think that explains why girls and women are more snipey and gossipy - if society punishes them for being forthright, those impulses have to come out sideways. Erica has done a phenomenal job of becoming the sweet little nonthreatening female, but no one can be 100% sweet 100% of the time. (That is why they had to turn the Stepford Wives into robots.) I think if a guy had mocked Liz the way Erica did, we might be praising his mimicking skills (I'll hand it to Erica, she did an excellent job of mimicking in that scene!) rather than thinking he had done something so wrong. For them to hold Erica to a different standard and award the win to the guy with the serious drinking problem highlights yet again the bizarre criteria they have based their judgments on throughout the show.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3996466;
    Interestingly enough, I've just now gotten to watch the final episode after getting home from........Las Vegas! I had to go there on business and, as my husband heard me watching "True Beauty" he asked, "What in the world are you watching? Didn't you get enough of Vegas while you were there?"
    We recently went to Vegas for a few days for a vacation. My first time there, and I did not get enough. So I was glad the show was set in Vegas

I thought Erica was the best choice to win it,too. I think showing her mimicking Liz and being critical of Liz was pure desperation on their part to find a 'bad' side of her. Can you imagine being stuck in a house full of self important strangers all competing for the same thing and one of them acts all hoochie, getting drunk and generally being all around obnoxious? I have to admit I'd be talking about her (in private, or so I would have thought) to one of the other girls,too. This show was weird, but of course I'd watch another season! Sad life here

I agree with the above poster who said the three judges need to be shown their private actions-- I'm sure they aren't 'true beauties' by a mile. Especially Carson-- I'm sure he's pretty catty behind people's backs. Maybe not, but he strikes me that way. (and here I go being catty! Guess I'll never be a True Beauty...)

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I too thought it should have been an Erika win, hands down.

I guess the producers thought the could nail Erika for being "catty"... (a term saved for women, on the most part)... but could completely pass over showing us the fight that Taylor had with Liz. Or the fact that it was Taylor laughing his butt off when Erika was mimicking her. BS.

Also, how in the world could they judge someone to be fake?!! She was so kind and genuinely caring of complete strangers, I found it endearing. Her being annoyed by the extremely annoying Liz, well, that was just being human. I didn't find her fake at all.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Good point, Spockwhat that "cattiness" is reserved for women. (And why is that?) If they went back through the footage we were shown, Taylor was as vocal about Liz as Erika was. And Erika's frustrations with Liz were well founded. I remember, I think it was the third week, when a drunk Liz was trying to pull Erika into pole dancing with her in the spa. Erika kept trying to pull away and Liz got mad. I think Erika's values were more conservative than most of the people there (enhanced boobs and all.)

+ Reply to Thread