+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: True Beauty 2

Re: True Beauty 2

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13;3987133;
    I think everyone is kind of avoiding mentioning Amy's biggest downfall but I will! I really like Amy and I wanted her to win but really, she is just not the sharpest tool on the workbench. Not even if the only other tool is an eraser. And you would have to explain that analogy to her. Probably twice. Then she would walk away confused and still not really know what you meant.

I think she is a compassionate person and not selfish but I think she just doesn't process the information normally. She doesn't realize that she is in any position to help these people. She may not even realize that they are in peril.
    I saw her exit interview and she talked about how she learned so much through this experience. Honestly, it wasn't really like any other I've seen for this show. She said she's gained from the experience and from every person she was able to meet. I wish her well. (But you're certainly right - she's not terribly bright!

I had to laugh when Amy was being shown all the video clips of her not having True Beauty and she asked if she could just go now. Probably not fun to watch yourself being catty, rude and uncaring to others.
    I also have to laugh at the bad acting of the judges when they react to any of the contestants' bad behavior. What lonely planet do they live on to be so shocked at what they do???
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 07-17-2010 at 03:46 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13;3987133;
    I think everyone is kind of avoiding mentioning Amy's biggest downfall but I will! I really like Amy and I wanted her to win but really, she is just not the sharpest tool on the workbench.
    Oh, absolutely. When I indicated that thoughtlessness would be a reason for not helping someone clearly in need of assistance, I meant that in the most literal way - without thought. Amy is a nice girl, but clearly neither self-aware or aware of the world around her.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

This last task is the most ridiculous. How can complaining about being up for 24 hours make you an awful person? I don't see a problem with any of them complaining.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

Taylor? He's been a d-bag the entire time. He was mean to the laundry lady and Liz. I thought he deserved it the least. Erica is so pretty but she is so fake. But she was still nice even if she was fake. Craig was genuine and nice to everyone. I thought he definitely deserved it.

To the Point

Taylor is like an over grown frat boy. He needs to grow up.

Erica may have been fake, but she was the one who showed the greatest compassion.

Craig seemed to be the most upset over watching his actions on video, however, he was the most self-centered. He truly was so focused on himself that he did miss opportunities that he shouldn't have missed....even with the challenges being as inane as they were. My daughter and I burst out laughing every time they showed the scene of Taylor trying to hand the tissue to Amy when she was crying and Craig taking it and wiping his brow. That scene epitomized his focus. I was most impressed with him of the three though when they were watching the videos. I thought he was most genuine in his reaction.

Actually, I think the judges could stand a session of watching themselves on replay to see just how ugly they were. They truly had no business commenting on anything these contestants did. As judges they should have held themselves to a higher standard. .....and speaking of fake...doesn't get much more.

When they were sent to the judge's lair, and the clips did NOT show Taylor getting completely drunk all the time, I knew they had chosen him. Too bad, as the money will probably prevent him from hitting a bottom any time soon (unless he kills someone drunk driving), and therefore he will continue to delude himself into thinking that he doesn't have a drinking problem because his "life isn't being affected by it." It just reinforces how ridiculous the show's standards are, as a real "true beauty" would not be a sloppy drunk.

I did like this season's setting in Vegas, and the judges Beth and Carson. Carson because I always enjoyed the show Queer Eye and liked all those guys, and Beth because I used to hear Howard Stern talk about her on the radio and it was interesting to see who she was.

What a bunch of garbage. Erica by a million miles deserved to win and should have won.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I was surprised that Taylor won, I thought it was a clear win for Erica.
    Perhaps I was fooled by editing (not for the first time) but it seemed like a foregone conclusion that Erica was going to win.
    I don't feel as though they made a good case for Taylor being the winner.

Both the final two did well in a number of the tasks and both had a couple of hiccups where they didn't do as well.
    Erica seemed like a genuinely sweet person to me.
    Bubbly yet not annoying and someone who really seemed to be a very caring person.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3993510;
    When they were sent to the judge's lair, and the clips did NOT show Taylor getting completely drunk all the time, I knew they had chosen him. Too bad, as the money will probably prevent him from hitting a bottom any time soon (unless he kills someone drunk driving), and therefore he will continue to delude himself into thinking that he doesn't have a drinking problem because his "life isn't being affected by it." It just reinforces how ridiculous the show's standards are, as a real "true beauty" would not be a sloppy drunk. I did like this season's setting in Vegas, and the judges Beth and Carson. Carson because I always enjoyed the show Queer Eye and liked all those guys, and Beth because I used to hear Howard Stern talk about her on the radio and it was interesting to see who she was.
    Taylor could end up buying a new sports car with the money he won, and he could end up driving drunk.

+ Reply to Thread