+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: True Beauty 2

FORT Fogey

Re: True Beauty 2

Someone also mentioned that Craig didn't help with the "drunk" who was going to drive, because someone called to Craig off camera. I didn't notice that or anyone calling to Amy off camera. When Amy was in the dressing room and overheard what was going on with the overweight "bride," she wasn't on her way to the facedown... therefore she couldn't have been too stressed and likely had enough time to try to help, but she didn't. She's selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher;3981263;
    Someone also mentioned that Craig didn't help with the "drunk" who was going to drive, because someone called to Craig off camera. I didn't notice that or anyone calling to Amy off camera. When Amy was in the dressing room and overheard what was going on with the overweight "bride," she wasn't on her way to the facedown... therefore she couldn't have been too stressed and likely had enough time to try to help, but she didn't. She's selfish.
    Once again, I'll have to disagree with you on that. I saw a pained look on Amy's face as she overheard the conversation between the bride and her mom. Owning a bridal shop myself, I've witnessed similar occurrances. In my position it's easier to step in because I'm in a position of authority. However, if I were to overhear that type of scene elsewhere I'm not sure what I'd do. To some extent you risk embarrassing the bride even more by mentioning it. It may be hard to know what to say that won't make things worse. I think both Craig and Erika handled it well, (Craig, IMO, is used to schmoozing people and it seemed to roll off his tongue) but I can't condemn Amy for that. Maybe for other things, but not that.

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3979983;
    In the case of the wedding dress challenge, I think the polite thing to do is actually to not say anything. It was an argument between 2 people that they probably would not have wanted you to hear. Just think about what you would want if someone overheard you in that situation. I'm sure that few people would want someone they don't know to comment if they had been in that situation.
    I didn't view that as an argument between two people but as a miserable old harpy belittling her daughter. I would have told the daughter that she looked lovely because there's nothing worse than feeling alone in the world and having the one person who should be supporting you treat you as an unattractive failure. There is the possibility of embarrassment, but it's more likely the woman might get a little of her confidence back.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3981322;
    Once again, I'll have to disagree with you on that. I saw a pained look on Amy's face as she overheard the conversation between the bride and her mom. Owning a bridal shop myself, I've witnessed similar occurrances. In my position it's easier to step in because I'm in a position of authority. However, if I were to overhear that type of scene elsewhere I'm not sure what I'd do. To some extent you risk embarrassing the bride even more by mentioning it. It may be hard to know what to say that won't make things worse. I think both Craig and Erika handled it well, (Craig, IMO, is used to schmoozing people and it seemed to roll off his tongue) but I can't condemn Amy for that. Maybe for other things, but not that.
    Amy ALWAYS had a pained look on her face! In any case, whatever Amy felt, she didn't act to make the bride feel better. They had the mother walk away for the tests, so that no one else was around the bride... that gave the beauties an opportunity to privately make the bride feel better, without getting into a confrontation with the mother.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 07-14-2010 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3981171;
    One thing I wondered about Amy. Watching her scene with the lady and the luggage, it almost appeared someone called to her off camera. She wasn't there very long watching. I wonder if it's possible that they wanted to get her off to have the final three include Craig.
    I'm not excusing her not helping. Of all the challenges, I felt that was one of the best indicators. However, we can't really tell by the snippet we were shown just how it went down. Did Craig have a longer time watching the lady struggle? Not to mention that men are trained (hopefully) from the time they're very young to assist a lady. (Or they were in my day!)
    Again, I'm not excusing Amy's not helping, just wondering if it could've been rigged a bit to get the outcome they wanted.
    (Not that they would EVER do that on a reality show.)
    I wondered if anyone on here would think Amy could have been called away by her handler from the lady with baby buggy trouble . I rewound it and you could see Amy watching the lady with a worried expression (her normal one unfortunately), hesitate, then look to the side where the man she had been following had gone then respond quickly in that direction as if he had said something like,'' This way, Amy" She's so insecure that I'm sure they knew she wouldn't argue, but hurry to catch up. I think they wanted a Craig win. Craig seems have either figured out there's a 'good guy' catch or is just hedging all his bets by being an all around good guy (to the public) just in case. He's also so happy to be in Vegas that maybe it's bringing out the nice guy in him when dealing with the public--- the public he's hoping will soon know him as The Face of Las Vegas!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Well, I know I'd be more likely to help someone with their luggage if I were wearing pants rather than a little dress and high heels.

The judges deliberately didn't show some of Craig's "inner beauty" errors when they were reviewing the two contestants, and they gave them a challenge that was more suited to a burley guy in pants than a tiny little thing in heels.
    That said, Erika would have been helping before the mom even dropped anything.

One of the areas this show misses is how they treat the contestants nearer the end of the competition. Once they get in a ways, I think they should also congratulate them on how far they've gotten in the show and show some of the nice things that they did for people. But the nature of the show is to be mean, I guess. So ironic.

FORT Fogey

Amy probably wears high heels while lugging her own suitcases around. So why would the suitcase challenge be more suited to Craig? The overweight bride in a wedding dress challenge was definitely more suited to a woman... yet Craig passed that test and Amy failed it.

The challenges on this show are ridiculous, or to be more specific, the assumptions they make are ridiculous. Most people are taught that minding your own business is the right and polite thing to do, but they are defining "good" as sticking their noses into a lot of situations where one could reasonably assume the people involved are perfectly capable of figuring things out for themselves and wouldn't want a stranger butting in. Anyone who made unsolicited comments to a smoking pregnant girl would be way out of line, for instance. And I say this as someone who loathes smoking. But to make a comment to someone like that would not help the baby at all, because it would not cause the person to quit, and all it would do is make the commenter seem interfering and rude. And the woman could have gotten an employee to help her with her luggage, or some people don't want any help, and that is their choice.

I think Erika will win. She seems genuinely nice, unlike the girl who won the first season who was impossible to know behind the pageant training.

Erika is almost beautiful, except for the giant fake boobs that throw off her proportions. All up under the armpits, yuck, why would anyone want to pay to have that? Most of the contestants weren't particularly good-looking, and at least one, Liz, was downright uggo. Which is strange since they were supposed to pick good-looking people for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3981171;
    Not to mention that men are trained (hopefully) from the time they're very young to assist a lady. (Or they were in my day!)
    Again, I'm not excusing Amy's not helping, just wondering if it could've been rigged a bit to get the outcome they wanted.
    (Not that they would EVER do that on a reality show.)
    I was thinking exactly the same thing! Men, by nature, tend to help and protect, esp with women and, hopefully, they are taught to do so as they grow up and they are much stronger, making it easier to help in such cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3982964;
    The challenges on this show are ridiculous, or to be more specific, the assumptions they make are ridiculous. Most people are taught that minding your own business is the right and polite thing to do, but they are defining "good" as sticking their noses into a lot of situations where one could reasonably assume the people involved are perfectly capable of figuring things out for themselves and wouldn't want a stranger butting in.
    Exactly my thoughts also! Men and women respond differently to situations, whether by nature or how they were taught to behave. A man is much more likely to help a weaker woman with a heavy object. The challenges are not very well thought out. Since when is it a good thing to tell another person how to live their life??!! Would they give points to tell every fat person in a restaurant that they shouldn't eat their meal??
    I think we all know that the show is ridiculous in many ways, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy watching it and also making fun of it. I know I sure do!

+ Reply to Thread