+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: True Beauty 2

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: True Beauty 2

I keep getting the feeling that Craig kind of knows what the competition is about. He's even said that he says nice things he doesn't mean. (Don't ask me to quote, I really don't want to go back to rewatch shows. )

I just see him as being quite insincere and fake much of the time, and he gets caught being his real self when he does things like take the tissue being offered to Amy.

Erika and Amy are the only ones that seem deserving of final two, I think. Erika, for her sincere empathy for others (that laugh is YIKES, though!) and Amy because she actually has some modesty.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3971450;
    I keep getting the feeling that Craig kind of knows what the competition is about. He's even said that he says nice things he doesn't mean. (Don't ask me to quote, I really don't want to go back to rewatch shows. )

I just see him as being quite insincere and fake much of the time, and he gets caught being his real self when he does things like take the tissue being offered to Amy.

Erika and Amy are the only ones that seem deserving of final two, I think. Erika, for her sincere empathy for others (that laugh is YIKES, though!) and Amy because she actually has some modesty.
    I agree, Spockwhat. There's just something "off" about Craig. If he doesn't know what the competition is about, then he's just totally fake. Notice too, that he said that he thought Erika was totally annoying, then when she confronted him, he told her to her face that he didn't think that.

Looks like Craig survived again... Erika and Taylor along for the finals. Looks like the best of the bunch!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3971603;
    I agree, Spockwhat. There's just something "off" about Craig. If he doesn't know what the competition is about, then he's just totally fake. Notice too, that he said that he thought Erika was totally annoying, then when she confronted him, he told her to her face that he didn't think that.
    Craig was being considerate when he didn't tell Erika that she's annoying. There's a similar show to this one on ABC called, "What would you do." It's being picked up again for the fall season.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher;3978068;
    Craig was being considerate when he didn't tell Erika that she's annoying. There's a similar show to this one on ABC called, "What would you do." It's being picked up again for the fall season.
    I don't think I can agree with you on that one. If Erika had overheard him venting out of frustration, "Erika is SO ANNOYING!" and then was confronted, I could buy he was trying to be considerate and not hurt her feelings. However, in the Wedding Chapel episode, he, pretending to "marry" Erika and Taylor said in the vows, "and annoy you for the rest of your life." That's what she was calling him on. He back-tracked at that point, but not, IMO, out of consideration. More like he wanted to avoid confrontation and was saying at that point, "Crap - I got caught. Now I need to get out of this one!"
    Craig still seems "off" to me. I didn't buy Amy as the "Face of Vegas," but she seemed overall to be a more genuine, nice, though ditsy person than Craig.

I agree with those of you who say that something is just off about Craig. He just comes off as a phony trying to say & do what he thinks people want to see/hear. Occassionally when he lets his guard down, as in the tissue thing, the "real" Craig comes out. He actually seems much more natural in those moments.
    I'd have preferred to see Amy stay. I like her, but she always seems like a Debbie Downer. As attractive as she is, & nice as she seems, she rarely smiles. The negative expression comes across to people around her in a negative way.
    I think that's why she has lost more than her share of challenges, & why she went home.
    Erica, on the other hand, smiles a lot & has a bubbly personality. That comes across to the people they're dealing with too, in a positive way.

I loved Carson's "she doubled down" comment.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3978826;
    I agree with those of you who say that something is just off about Craig. He just comes off as a phony trying to say & do what he thinks people want to see/hear. Occassionally when he lets his guard down, as in the tissue thing, the "real" Craig comes out. He actually seems much more natural in those moments.
    I'd have preferred to see Amy stay. I like her, but she always seems like a Debbie Downer. As attractive as she is, & nice as she seems, she rarely smiles. The negative expression comes across to people around her in a negative way.
    I think that's why she has lost more than her share of challenges, & why she went home.
    Erica, on the other hand, smiles a lot & has a bubbly personality. That comes across to the people they're dealing with too, in a positive way.

I loved Carson's "she doubled down" comment.
    I have wondered for the past week or so if Amy's lack of smiling is due to a lack of confidence in her teeth. In her in-the-moment's (as we call them on the bachelor board) her teeth don't look straight. So i wonder if that is, at least part, of her lack of self confidence.

I want to see the three judges in one of the "tests" to see how they would react. The thing in the elevator with the pregnant woman, come one, get real. Like any person has the right to say to a complete stranger something about their unborn child. That was completely uncalled for. What a stupid "test". I was ticked that Craig stayed when clearly Amy had been the one of the two that was more understanding of others. I think that Erika is going to win the whole thing. She may have an annoying laugh but she seems genuinely sweet and kind.

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3979589;
    I have wondered for the past week or so if Amy's lack of smiling is due to a lack of confidence in her teeth. In her in-the-moment's (as we call them on the bachelor board) her teeth don't look straight. So i wonder if that is, at least part, of her lack of self confidence.
    Maybe so. I feel badly for people who didn't/don't get a chance to get their teeth straightened when they're young (I'm one of them but mine aren't too bad.) I have a son-in-law who is drop dead gorgeous but needs his teeth straightened. He's actually looking into getting braces at his age and with two kids because he's so self conscious about it. (All his sibs got'em, just not him.)

It also doesn't seem to take much with Amy to bring on the tears. I don't think she has much confidence and that was her main downfall. The occasions where Craig failed to show "true beauty" seemed to be more frequent and serious than Amy's. The bride thing? Many of us have agreed that that challenge was ambiguous. Sometimes we don't know if a person would be more embarrassed and uncomfortable by someone letting on they'd heard their humiliation. I'm not fond of Craig and hoping for Erika or Taylor to win - especially Erika. (However, I'd say they're all pretty flawed.)

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3979626;
    I want to see the three judges in one of the "tests" to see how they would react. The thing in the elevator with the pregnant woman, come one, get real. Like any person has the right to say to a complete stranger something about their unborn child. That was completely uncalled for. What a stupid "test". I was ticked that Craig stayed when clearly Amy had been the one of the two that was more understanding of others. I think that Erika is going to win the whole thing. She may have an annoying laugh but she seems genuinely sweet and kind.
    Amen to all you've said. And the elevator challenge was the Worst. Challenge. Ever. Like they would change her habits by saying something on an elevator? Nowdays, in our crazy world, you could even put yourself in danger by chastising a random stranger.

+ Reply to Thread