+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: True Beauty 2

Re: True Beauty 2

After watching tonight's episode, I am now taking back every positive thing I've ever said about Michelle. She totally deserved to be eliminated tonight. What a major let-down she was! It's now safe to say that Michelle sucks period! Amy FTW!

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Actually, I was a little sad to see Michelle go. I liked her and Amy. (And did you notice that in her interview before she left when she was crying she said it upset her that she would be viewed that way or words to that effect. I appreciate remorse much more than a diva attitude such as we saw with Liz.) The one I was disappointed in tonight was Taylor. He was the least likeable he's been so far for me. If I had to choose, though, I'd like to see Craig go home next. After that, the others are close to equal for me.
    I will say that I think some of the challenges are tough ones and I hope that there is more explanation given to the contestants than we see on camera. If someone says "I like you. I'll tell my friend to choose you," and you say, "oh, thanks!" that isn't as out-and-out bad to me as not wanting to help someone find her ring or agreeing to have the tour guide change your score.

FORT Fogey

I was pleased when Craig told the bride/actress that he thought that her dress was very pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3965516;
    I will say that I think some of the challenges are tough ones and I hope that there is more explanation given to the contestants than we see on camera. If someone says "I like you. I'll tell my friend to choose you," and you say, "oh, thanks!" that isn't as out-and-out bad to me as not wanting to help someone find her ring or agreeing to have the tour guide change your score.
    Yeah, I didn't get where that would be considered a bribe (the word they used). My response to an unsolicited "i'll recommend you" would also be a happy thanks.

Anyway, I'm hoping Erica wins. Yes, her laugh is a wee bit annoying, yes her breasts are fake, but she seems to be the most compassionate and kind-hearted of the group.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

To the Point

I don't think any of them are beautiful. Some are more attractive than others. Taylor is the most attractive of the guys and he seems less plastic. Craig has his moments. Craig has been kind at times that I wouldn't expect it from him. Taylor needs to work on being a bit more compassionate.

I think Michelle is cute, Erica has her moments when she is more attractive and Amy has a really nice shape (love her long legs) but I don't think she has a cute/pretty face. Liz just wasn't attractive at all, inside or out and it had NOTHING to do with my being eurocentric.

There are plenty of people of varying ethnicities that I find very attractive.

The judges are just awful! They should all be sent packing. They truly have no business sitting in judgement of any of these folks.

I did like what the girls did to Taylor for the laughs, the makeup stuff. It was pretty good-natured on his part to put up with that to cheer the girls up. However, the way he reacted to the bridezilla mom thing was bad. He doesn't seem to handle people or situations he doesn't know or care about with much grace. Yet he was right there helping Amy through her tears, as was Erica.

I know Amy has had less nasty or cheater moments, and has shown a real caring side at times. She really surprised me with walking past the bride...yet I don't think they all heard the same things out there, and couldn't get the same reaction. Michelle looked like she wanted to butt in, but was afraid to interfere between mother/daughter. I think that was a lousy challenge, actually, because they did NOT all hear the same things. "Mom" was not as rough all the time. I loved how Erica came right out to the girl and really tried to cheer the girl up and build her ego. Great job, and good job from Craig on that one.

As for Amy, I can't see her as winner, as she seems too dense, and not all that attractive much of the time, with all the faces she pulls.

Another thing - that "choose the attendant" challenge for weddings....what the heck? There were 3 girls and only 2 guys, so it was heavily favored for a guy to win. Most couples will choose one of each sex, so it's 1/2 odds each time for the guys, and 1/3 for the girls. It had to be 2 girls in the bottom. What a shame, and how fair is that when setting up challenges?

Sometimes I wonder why I watch this show....must be the old train wreck thing.

I thought the mean mom and the bride to be were an odd challenge,too. While I'd feel terrible for the poor girl, I don't know if I would have said anything to her either. I think I would have been afraid- since she didn't know me- it would have made her more miserable to know I'd heard her being humilated by her mom. I think that's what the two girls were doing: just slipping by her hoping she thought they didn't hear. (even though they were only feet away, I know. Sometimes it better to pretend- to help someone save face.)

That said, I LOVED how Craig and Erica were so nice to her. It showed such a compassionate side to them. Erica I would have guessed, but not Craig for some reason. Made me think he'd have been a nice older brother, you know?

I really don't like these judges. And Allysa or whatever her name is is just funny! She takes herself so seriously-- when no one even has an idea of who she is! I have to snicker when the three 'judges' turn in unison to watch the poor losers video of shame.

I have stepped in before when something like the bride-to-be/mother thing has been happening and wound up getting reamed verbally by both parties for butting in where I didn't belong. I'm sure I am not the only one this has happened to, so I don't blame these contestants at all for staying out of it. I learned my lesson and unless physical abuse is going on? No way am I saying anything, just walk quietly in the other direction and pretend like I didn't hear/see anything.

It was a total bogus, BS, challenge but most of them are. Surely they can come up with better challenges to see what their inner merit/worth is.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds these judges as horrible as the contestants, and Vanessa? Is the worst of the lot, I giggle every time she prances out with the stank face and acts like they should know instantly who she is and instead they give her a totally blank look "Who the heck is this woman and why is she standing here talking to me?" has been the look. Comic gold, unintentional I'm sure, but definitely very funny.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I agree that this wedding attendant challenge was not a good one. Too ambiguous of a situation. Many brides in that position would be mortified to find out that someone had heard that exchange. I think good manners would dictate that one should act as if nothing had been overheard.

There was a similar challenge the first season where an assistant working with the contestant was fighting with her boyfriend on the phone and the left the room to cry. Some people followed her outside to console her. Like the bride situation, you could make a case that the kind thing to do would be to ignore it. Plus, a couple of contestants thought that behavior was unprofessional.

One of my favorite challenges the first season was when the contestants were paired with an old person for a photo shoot. There was only one makeup chair for each pair (some contestants took the chair and left the old person standing) and their interaction over the whole process was evaluated.

MittenMom, good point about the odds favoring the guys in the wedding attendant challenge.

Pesonally, I don't think this show will not be picked up for another season. It's dull, the contestants are not all that special and the hosts are laughable (& normally I love Carson). The show is about as dynamic as the brains of the contestants. They're all good looking but nothing that spectacular and really, it's almost as though they tried to pick the dumbest pretty people as possible.
    I love trash TV but this seems to be really struggling.

+ Reply to Thread