+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jersey Couture (Oxygen)

FORT Newbie

Jersey Couture (Oxygen)

i saw a bus poster for this show and then I went on the website for the Oxygen channel and saw the preview and i Have to say i never been so excited about a show. how come it doesn;t have a section here? BTW, you can watch the preview on their Jersey Couture page on oxygen.com

Re: Jersey Couture???

It does have a thread here, because you just started it.

Found this article -- it premieres June 1st on Oxygen:
    ‘Jersey Couture’ will follow in the footsteps of ‘Jerseylicious’ in June

Wednesday, 07 April 2010 18:53
    BY LINDA MOSS
    NEWJERSEYNEWSROOM.COM

After "Jerseylicious" finishes up its run, TV viewers can look forward to another New Jersey-based reality show that takes place in the central part of the Garden State.

"Jersey Couture" will debut June 1 at 10 p.m. on Oxygen, the women's cable network announced this week. The channel in January had said the show, set in an upscale women's formalwear shop in Freehold, was in development.

The latest New Jersey reality show is about the dress shop Diane & Co., which is on Route 9, and the family that owns and operates it, the Scalis.

"Diane & Co., an over-the-top dress up shop featuring everything from leopard print to bedazzled ball gowns, is the setting for ‘Jersey Couture,'" Oxygen said in its press release. "This docu-series tells the story of the Scalis; a no-nonsense New Jersey family who runs one of Garden State's most glamorous destinations for extravagant women's formalwear. Diane's daughters, Kim and Christina are our eyes into their world and combining sisterhood with business proves to have its challenges."

"Jersey Couture" is also the latest in a series of reality shows that are set in the Garden State. That list includes "Jerseylicious," about the Gatsby Salon in Green Brook, which airs on the Style Network; MTV's "Jersey Shore"; Bravo's "The Real Housewives of New Jersey"; and TLC's "Cake Boss" and "18 Kids and Counting."

"Jerseylicious" debuted in March, and has eight episodes.

"Jersey Couture" is produced by Magilla Entertainment with Brian Flanagan and Matthew Ostrom serving as executive producers. Laura Palumbo Johnson and Jacqueline Cardillo Garofano are co-executive producers.

"Jersey Couture" is one of four new series that Oxygen will be debuting, increasing its original programming by 35 percent.

The other three new Oxygen programs are: "Hair Battle Spectacular," which pits stylists against each other; "House of Glam," a docu-series that features the trendsetting stylists of the B Lynn Group: and "The Russell Simmons Project," which puts the spotlight on the women that keep this high-profile entrepreneur on track both personally and professionally.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3897078;
    It does have a thread here, because you just started it.

Found this article -- it premieres June 1st on Oxygen:

18 Kids and Counting??? the Duggars moved to New Jersey?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;3897497;
    18 Kids and Counting??? the Duggars moved to New Jersey?
    I wonder if they meant, "9 By Design?" One of their design projects was a Jersey Shore hotel. I haven't watched the show, and I thought the family lived in NY, but I read that some of the filming was while they were working on their Jersey Shore project.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Jersey Couture (Oxygen)

All of this recent emphasis on the New Jersey reality shows got me thinking. . . now, I'm NOT talking about all of New Jersey, I'm just referring to the type of people that seem to be highlighted on these shows --- the loud, brash, young and older Guidos and Guidettes --- I think it's sad that these types of folks are so widely popular. And this seems to go hand-in-hand with the increase in tv violence, rudeness and bad behavior (everything from the people on Jerry Springer, to reality shows like "Fresh Meat," to violent kids cartoons, to warrior/thrille type shows, etc.). To me, these shows focus at the level of the 'lowest common denominator' portion of our population --- e.g. the low-brows and mobster-wannabes. How sad that we can't raise peoples' level of interest to the highest common denominator, and start putting forth kinder/gentler shows that encourage better behavior and a higher level of intelligence and ethics.

FORT Newbie

I dunno they seem like a nice family to me. oxygen posted a longer video. i cant post the url because the board doesnt let me whichj is weird, but if you go to oxygen.com you can find it under jersey couture. i really cant wait for this show to start!!

Tonight!!!
    KAREN

I didn't much care for it

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I thought it was OK. I'd give it a C or C+, but I don't find any of the family members particularly interesting.

OK my posts from earlier completely were eaten by the server move....so here we go again lol.

I like this show. It's funny and entertaining. I have a hard time telling the sisters apart but I really like the message they are sending out, when the one sister told the daughter of the woman was there to get a dress for a wedding/her college graduation that it was important to accept what you have and learn to work with it? That was great.

I also really like how they emphasize that the majority of their clients are not model sized and that they cater to a real sized woman and making her look beautiful.

I come from a very loud family (Cubans) and I know that under all that yelling that at times makes you want to beat your head against a wall to make it stop, lol, there are huge hearts and I see this in this family. Definitely one of the few shows of this genre that I enjoy watching, usually these types of show are nothing more than cursing and hooking up. It's nice seeing something a little different.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread