+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beg Borrow and Deal

Beg Borrow and Deal

Anyone else watching this? I'd heard about it somewhere but forgotten until I ran into it on a midnight showing last weekend. It's on ESPN apparently on Tuesday nights at 8est...I just watched it so I'm guessing that's the normal timeslot for it.

The premise....8 strangers dropped in Times Square and divided into 2 teams, their mission is to get across the country to Alcatraz Island in 30 days completing 10 of the 40 possible sports related missions given to them at the start of the race. The problem is that they have no money (and aren't allowed to handle it in any way during the race), no vehicle, and no food or other supplies (clothes or anything). There's a bunch of other rules along the way as well that I'm learning (as I just watched my 2nd episode of it, and I guess it may be the 3rd in all cause they are only on day 7 of their journey at this point) like that you can only get one favor from any person you ask for one, you must have a 6 hour rest period every 24 hours, you can only do 5 tasks per time zone, and you only can have access to a person for favors for a 12 hour time limit (like if they are driving you they can only drive you for 12 hours then you have to find a new person for a favor).

Anyways!! I'm really enjoying what I've seen of it and was wondering if anyone else out there was watching.

I've heard nothing but bad things about this show...Primarily the fact that the LAST thing ESPN should be doing is airing a reality TV show.

But, maybe it's good. I haven't seen it.

The whole "begging your wat accross the country" thing bothers me. I don't mind if people on these shows ask for favors like the use of a phone, or ride, but money? That bugs me
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I haven't seen it, or even seen it advertised for that matter.
    Does seem strange for ESPN to air it.

The concept is very interesting though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread