+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Pretty Wild on "E"

Re: Pretty Wild on "E"

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;3905670;
    I only caught a few minutes of last nights show. I realize that the mom (Andrea??) is not Tess's biological mom, but I was totally creeped out by her taking naked shower pictures of Tess and then inviting her underage daughter to watch.

ewwwww ewwwwww ewwwwwww!!!!

and so it is
    definitely one of the worst, exploitative, deluded, and inappropriate parents we have ever seen on reality TV- she makes Kris Jenner look like June Cleaver in comparison. Finding out that the spoiled brat is going to jail made my day! Be happy Javier, you dodged a bullet buddy! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;3905670;
    I only caught a few minutes of last nights show. I realize that the mom (Andrea??) is not Tess's biological mom, but I was totally creeped out by her taking naked shower pictures of Tess and then inviting her underage daughter to watch.

ewwwww ewwwwww ewwwwwww!!!!

and so it is
    ewwwww ewwwww

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer;3908366;
    definitely one of the worst, exploitative, deluded, and inappropriate parents we have ever seen on reality TV- she makes Kris Jenner look like June Cleaver in comparison. Finding out that the spoiled brat is going to jail made my day! Be happy Javier, you dodged a bullet buddy! lol
    Ya, it appeared that they were all having a blast on the LA Tour and then when they met for dinner, the entire dynamics changed with the guys ... I was confused why Tosh, all of a sudden is a real idiot ... he was not like that while they were all together earlier ... WELL, then as the evening progressed you could tell that Javi and Tosh found out what these girls are really like and Javi found out about Alexis and the bling ring ... so that is why they figured they could be idiots as they knew they were ENDING it that evening with those girls.
    KAREN

FORT Fanatic

Maybe Alexis and Lindsay can share a jail cell, and Alexis can tell her, "how she wasn't there," while wearing some of LL's stuff!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer;3908366;
    This whole family makes the Kardashians-even baby daddy Scott-look like the all American wholesome image. These people are beyond disgusting, delusional, and so hungry for fame it's sad (and scary). Apparently this show may not live to see a second season:

'Bling ring' might take down 'Pretty Wild' - latimes.com

'Bling ring' might take down 'Pretty Wild'

Alexis Neiers, one of the show's key figures, is heading to prison for a burglary at Orlando Bloom's home. An E! representative says no decision has been made on a second season.

By Yvonne Villarreal, Los Angeles Times
    May 22, 2010

In the E! tabloid-esque reality series "Pretty Wild," viewers have watched aspiring starlet Alexis Neiers go from fame-hungry to infamous. The show has mixed the 18-year-old's link to a string of celebrity burglaries alongside her showbiz ambitions, her wild night life and her inane squabbles with her sisters.

But Neiers' life is about to go from trying to hang out in bars to going behind bars. Starting June 24, she faces a six-month stint in county jail for her involvement in a burglary at the home of actor Orlando Bloom, a sentence that threatens to put the series on lockdown.

"I know up until this point, [E!] has been interested in following everything," said Neiers' attorney, Jeffrey K. Rubenstein. "Whether that will happen once she's released, I don't think anybody knows."

A network representative confirmed that no decision has been made on whether to embark on a second season of "Pretty Wild." This season's finale airs Sunday.

The network declined to make Neiers or her mother, Andrea, who also appears on the show, available to discuss the program's future.

E! greenlighted "Pretty Wild," which follows three aspiring starlet sisters 20-year-old Tess Taylor, Alexis and 16-year-old Gabby Neiers as they wrangle the fast lane in Los Angeles, last August after the robberies began but before Alexis Neiers became a suspect.

The show had just started filming when police arrested Neiers in connection with the "bling ring," a circle of half a dozen friends accused of burgling $3 million in art, designer apparel and other items from the homes of celebrities including Bloom, Megan Fox and Lindsay Lohan. And it has since chronicled her trial proceedings.

Sunday's finale will include footage from the May 10 appearance at which Neiers pleaded no contest to felony residential burglary and was sentenced to the jail term plus three years' probation, a two-year suspended sentence and an order to pay restitution to Bloom.

News linking the ring's involvement to the celebrity heists, which began in 2008, broke in October, and media and public interest escalated from there, translating into solid ratings for the E! reality series. "Pretty Wild" premiered in March; first-run airings have averaged 1.3 million viewers, according to the Nielsen Co.

Asked if he had initially worried that Neiers' participation in the series would hurt her case, Neiers' attorney said: "Of course. But it was her way of earning money. If she was an airline pilot, I wouldn't have her stop flying. If an actor gets in trouble, they still do their things. It just so happened that the show decided to follow the criminal proceedings."

Neiers has kept a relatively low profile since receiving her sentence, breaking her silence only to the network that feeds her in an exclusive interview with E! News. And Rubenstein would like to keep it that way, saying that he's advised her not to do any more interviews about the case or anything else until she's served her time.

"I think people lose sight of the fact that Alexis is very young," Rubenstein said. "She's tried to present herself as sophisticated, but she's really a frightened little girl when it comes down to it. Others are pulling the strings. Really, she just stepped in it a little bit. She took a little step in a pretty big puddle, but she stepped in it nonetheless. She's at an interesting crossroads."

A crossroads he would prefer not be the subject of more camera lenses.

"I don't think anybody knows what the fate of the show is," he said. "As little attention as possible is always best."
    I think going off the air and people ignoring these girls would be the best thing for them. Something isn't right, and they're probably going to be the next famous for nothing girls who wind up stumbling out of every club in LA and chasing down the paparrazi to pretend they're famous and important. I thought it was amusing that her lawyer said she only pleaded out because Orlando Bloom was going to testify. The way I read, it's like they couldn't believe he'd actually do it. I think Bling Ring aside, this show wouldn't have made it. Compared to other E! shows I barely hear anything about this family, and I'm sure they thought they could capitalize on her whole legal ordeal. Didn't work.

Karalott, I agree. One thing about this family that is so sad is that they have no idea how bizarre and inappropriate they are. They are very adamant about their way of life, including their fame hunger. In the last interview Alexis gave, she could only cry about how sorry she was for HERSELF. She had no remorse for the victims of her crime. All she was bent on doing was walking with her head held high! REally? THe victims might appreciate it a little if she would hang her head down low in shame. I mean she is a thief. Not something to be proud about.

I pray they just go away.

And so it is...... NOT!

30 minutes of crying and shreiking and whining. ugghhhhh. that is so tiresome to watch.

and so it is

Well I am sooooooooo glad that train wreck is over.

I did not understand in the beginning of the epi when Alexis said they are going to trial because her choices were 1 year in prison or 6 months in jail ... What does THAT exactly mean?

You know she probably would NOT have ruined her NAME had she been involved in this "bling ring" and KEPT THE MEDIA AND THIS REALITY TV SHOW OUT OF IT. See, we are alllllllll going to remember Alexis Neiers from the bling ring as vs the other ones involved (in all these celebrity burglaries) as they were not on a reality tv talking about it week after week. LOSER.

JUNE 24th for 180 days ... that will take her right up until Xmas eve.
    KAREN

This article reports that Alexis will spend only a portion of her time in jail. They say that for nonviolent, female offenders, they don't have room to keep them for long.

EXCLUSIVE: Orlando Bloom's Burglar Won't Serve Full Sentence | RadarOnline.com

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3923645;
    This article reports that Alexis will spend only a portion of her time in jail. They say that for nonviolent, female offenders, they don't have room to keep them for long.

Oh bother ...

What I have seen with Alexis from watching the show ... ONE DAY will be too long ... ... so bring on those 45 days!!!!!!

And she will have to pay restitution, an amount to be decided at a later date ... why isn't the amount $500,000.00, the amount she STOLE from Orlando ...

I have been by his house, it is really snug in the Hollywood hills but then again it is on all the tour buses route, and they all stop in front of his gate ...
    KAREN

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3923645;

Damn! I wish the whole family and everyone that put this trainwreck on tv be put in jail.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

+ Reply to Thread