+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Basketball Wives, VH1

FORT Fanatic

Re: Basketball Wives, VH1

It has been my experience (many years ago), the old school wives were not "golddiggers." Most had been high school, or college sweethearts, had a career, some were teachers, lawyers and doctors, as well as some were housewives. I met my husband at a formal event, and I was without makeup, had jeans on, and electric rollers in my hair. In his 14 years playing, other than events we had to attend, I maybe went to lunch with a group of wives maybe 10 times.

Some of these chicks are "diggers" and it takes one to know one. Their biggest fear is loosing their "status".

I never "worried" what mine was doing on the road, as it was nothing I could prove, so I didn't worry. My problem came after the retirement, too much time, and too many women. All it took was me to catch one,(it came to me, I wasn't looking), and good-bye!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;3894956;
    It has been my experience (many years ago), the old school wives were not "golddiggers." Most had been high school, or college sweethearts, had a career, some were teachers, lawyers and doctors, as well as some were housewives. I met my husband at a formal event, and I was without makeup, had jeans on, and electric rollers in my hair. In his 14 years playing, other than events we had to attend, I maybe went to lunch with a group of wives maybe 10 times.

Some of these chicks are "diggers" and it takes one to know one. Their biggest fear is loosing their "status".

I never "worried" what mine was doing on the road, as it was nothing I could prove, so I didn't worry. My problem came after the retirement, too much time, and too many women. All it took was me to catch one,(it came to me, I wasn't looking), and good-bye!
    Dang! I know money isn't all there is to life but I hope you took at least half of it with you!

FORT Fanatic

It's never been about the money, but got much more than most women do. Got more than I asked for, but I continued teaching until last year, and donated alot of my salary towards scholarships. Talk to my ex almost everyday, and am friendly with his wife. Great father, poor husband, but remorseful.

Alot of these wives are about the money, and that is their fear. I had a profession I loved, and I could have supported my daughters with/without his money. I'm not a blinger, have two watches, one from QVC, and one from Target. I wear no rings, never liked furs, and wear sweats and t-shirts from Wal-Mart (now). I do have an older Benz truck (2007), and a Ford focus. Had a larger home, sold it last year, when my last left for college, did buy a nicer but smaller home, and enjoying my life!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;3895443;
    It's never been about the money, but got much more than most women do. Got more than I asked for, but I continued teaching until last year, and donated alot of my salary towards scholarships. Talk to my ex almost everyday, and am friendly with his wife. Great father, poor husband, but remorseful.

Alot of these wives are about the money, and that is their fear. I had a profession I loved, and I could have supported my daughters with/without his money. I'm not a blinger, have two watches, one from QVC, and one from Target. I wear no rings, never liked furs, and wear sweats and t-shirts from Wal-Mart (now). I do have an older Benz truck (2007), and a Ford focus. Had a larger home, sold it last year, when my last left for college, did buy a nicer but smaller home, and enjoying my life!
    Sounds like your feet are on the ground and you are very much centered in who you are.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

I think the problem most of these ladies have is believing that being basketball wives, girlfriends, mistresses, etc means instant happiness. Jennifer I am not sure why she continues to suffer life with Yuck mouth, Eric Williams? I mean really my motto is "I can do bad on my own. I don't need company"

I have not dated a basketball player I have dated a couple of Profootball players. If you want to be happy in that type of relationship then you need to have something going for yourself outside of that man and his money. The perks are nice but you have to be able to weed out the people in that lifestyle who mean you no good and those who are your real friends.

Evelyn, Suzie and Jennifer are not the type of person you want to be friends with. These ladies ooze fake through their pampered pores.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fanatic

It's over, until the fall! Season finale last night, I just can't believe I watched the whole season. Pitiful portrayal of us b-ball wives! Now I know how other groups feel. All this women did was throw drinks, talk about their cheating men, shop and eat.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

the thing that really bugged me about this show was how all the women had all this anger towards "groupies" and the sister of Gloria for supposedly cheating with their husbands/boyfriends and mad at Gloria for supporting her sister instead of supporting Shauni etc. Its her sister people! The only people they should be mad at for infidelity is their husband/boyfriend!!!!! They acted like the dudes had no accountability because "all these bitches are after them". The men can say NO ya know! If they don't, they are the cheating bastard to be blamed. The groupies/other women don't owe them anything, but their husbands/boyfriends sure do.. Very misguided responsibility in my opinion. If athletes don't want to be faithful, then don't get married

FORT Fanatic

Amen! That's why I divorced mine, it was never about the other women, it was about him. I could not be mad at anyone but him, but I don't play, you cheat you go!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fanatic

This was the trash I watched last night, The Reunion. I'm sure i was the only one watching. One of the "wives" didn't come, and then one of the "wives" threw a bucket of water on a groupie. I'm so glad I didn't know these "goldiggers" in my day. A real disgrace.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

This mess of a show recently started up again, and what a trainwreck these people are. Anyone watching the new season?
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread