+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Basketball Wives, VH1

FORT Fanatic

Re: Basketball Wives, VH1

I agree there are too many characters to keep up with.Evelyn mumbling husband, thank goodness they translated. Dwight's baby momma is "very interesting", to say the least. The one who called the other one fake, I believe is just a friend. If this is to show the lives they live, some things have changed, and some never will.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fogey

It was a little difficult to keep these ladies straight. I am interested in this show because I really would like to know what their lives are like. I have a tough time remembering all of these background stories. Some or most of these ball players are serial cheaters who don't have any respect for women at all. I think I feel badly for the average basketball player's wife. Even if they are rich, they are being treated horribly. Some of the women in this cast are just groupies and gold diggers. I am sure that Royce is. Well, at least I think so. I am sorry if I am wrong about that. I have sympathy for the wives but none for the groupies.

Ok these ladies are so jealous of Royce it is killing them. Royce is cute she doesn't dress like a hoe and all of her parts came with her. Jennifer and Evelyn look so fake I feel like holding a mirror to them to see if they are breathing.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

I don't think they are jealous really. I think that the wives really don't like groupies and they aren't convinced that Royce is not a groupie. It makes a lot of sense why they would dislike groupies if you consider that these women throw themselves at their husbands knowing that they are married. I think more of their anger should be directed toward their cheating, lying, egotistical husbands! They are just no good.

FORT Fanatic

I don't get the relationship of Jennifer and Eric. Are they married or what? I know he doesn't play, but it doesn't take the player out of the game. At Evelyn's party Royce looked/acted insane. This week she seemed like the sane one. Where is Shaunie?
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

NBA Player Matt Barnes “Disgusted” With Basketball Wives | Reality Tea

It seems NBA player Matt Barnes is having reality tv remorse. The Orlando Magic player who stars alongside his fiance, Gloria Govan, on the hit show Basketball Wives did a radio interview this week, during which he expressed regret in doing the show.

Below are excerpts from Matt’s interview -

“I wasn’t 100% against it at the beginning. It started back in Phoenix when SHAUNIE O’NEAL approached my fiancee about it and I was really apprehensive about it. Then they kept approaching my fiancee about it back and forth back and forth and I was really against it but my fiancee talked to the producers and felt good about it so I definitely backed her.

But after watching the first show I was just disgusted. I told my team, because you know [my teammate] Dwight’s involved in that too, that I’m not watching that because I know it’s going to make me mad and I’m going to watch it at the end of the season. I just think that what they say is going to happen and what actually happens is two different things.

Reality TV is kind of a joke. Everything is scripted. There is nothing reality about Reality TV. With that said, I’ll kind of leave it at that but if you want to have me back on at the end of the season when I won’t get fined for what I say, I’ll definitely tell you what I think about that.”

This is not surprising news as there have been rumors and rumblings that Matt and Gloria are experiencing serious problems in their relationship, and might not make it down the aisle. Gloria’s decision to do the show is also said to be a big part of their problems.

A new episode of Basketball Wives is set to air tonight. Jennifer Williams contemplates the future of her marriage, while she and pal Suzie Ketchem get into a heated confrontation with a groupie.
    Can't really say that I'm surprised at this news. I think all that negativity from the woman about the basketball players may have rubbed off on Gloria. I know it would on me. Hearing constantly about the basketball players and groupies would put some doubts in my mind.
    Last edited by sweet_lady; 05-03-2010 at 01:42 PM.

I have watched very little of this show, but what I did see was awful. They should have just called it "Basketball Groupies and Golddiggers".

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3887549;
    I don't think they are jealous really. I think that the wives really don't like groupies and they aren't convinced that Royce is not a groupie. It makes a lot of sense why they would dislike groupies if you consider that these women throw themselves at their husbands knowing that they are married. I think more of their anger should be directed toward their cheating, lying, egotistical husbands! They are just no good.
    how much do you guys want to bet that some (if not many) of these "basketball wives" who love to hate the "groupies" for daring to show interest in their husbands/boyfriends (who can always say no by the way) started out as groupies themselves???

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I really hate the show and won't be watching it anymore. I found myself thinking throughout the previous episodes, these women should be so grateful for their lives, and not spening their time in conflict with each other! What a waste of time and effort, when they could be having a fabulous time doing whatever makes them truly happy instead.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3893351;
    I really hate the show and won't be watching it anymore. I found myself thinking throughout the previous episodes, these women should be so grateful for their lives, and not spening their time in conflict with each other! What a waste of time and effort, when they could be having a fabulous time doing whatever makes them truly happy instead.
    I think the biggest issue is cheating. Money isn't all it takes to be happy.

+ Reply to Thread