+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Twist of Kate

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Twist of Kate

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3920462;
    Here's hoping that TLC will get a huge "reality" check when the new shows air. Her show had a huge ratings spike when the rumors were flying about their marital situation and when the separation was announced. Then, of course, the ratings fell off dramatically each week. Sort of like people were slowing down to look at a car wreck and then sped up after they passed.
    I can only hope that the ratings will be so bad that the two new shows will be pulled off the air.
    Wouldn't it be something if Ms. KHate had to work at a regular job like most of us? And please don't tell me you can't support 8 kids on less than what she's been making. People support big families all the time on far less. 'Course, she might have to give up her mansion as well as some of the personal luxuries she's become used to. Such is life.
    If Kate cut back on all of that, which I'm not even sure she pays for, but if she did and put the money to better use, she'd still be a lot better off than most working parents, single or two income. Ratings might be somewhat strong in the beginning, but I believe they'll taper off. Kate's public image is mostly a negative one, and though she has steadfast supporters who may or may not believe she needs the money, I don't think they'll make it last.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3920387;
    Why would the kids need more money? Kate is the one who buys the food and all of that.
    Every child that appears in an entertainment performance is entitled to the economic benefits that the performance generates. The money goes into a trust account so that the children will receive the money when adults. This is the law.
    Last edited by Boann; 06-01-2010 at 07:25 PM. Reason: grammar

Oh good GOD. That witch must be glowing in glory today. She is on Yahoo's main story page in a split photo with Brad Pitt. How the "stars" spent memorial day. WHY do they consider her a star????

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3920770;
    Oh good GOD. That witch must be glowing in glory today. She is on Yahoo's main story page in a split photo with Brad Pitt. How the "stars" spent memorial day. WHY do they consider her a star????
    OMG! Same page as Brad Pitt? He has talent. He is actually a "movie star". I tell you I don't know what this world is coming to when a two-bit reality show has-been and famewhore is considered a "star". I am just as confused as you are and probably equally disgusted.

Kate Gosselin has proven over and over again that she has NO TALENT. I guess it is just the trainwreck factor with her. I do believe that whether people love her or hate her, that clicking on the ROL pics and so on keeps her front and center. People talk about her. They love to hate her and some probably watch despite hating her and that isn't helping.

So unreal. Somebody becoming a star because of having no talent and being horribly unlikable. Not in spite of it, but because of it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax;3920796;
    OMG! Same page as Brad Pitt? He has talent. He is actually a "movie star". I tell you I don't know what this world is coming to when a two-bit reality show has-been and famewhore is considered a "star". I am just as confused as you are and probably equally disgusted.

Kate Gosselin has proven over and over again that she has NO TALENT. I guess it is just the trainwreck factor with her. I do believe that whether people love her or hate her, that clicking on the ROL pics and so on keeps her front and center. People talk about her. They love to hate her and some probably watch despite hating her and that isn't helping.

So unreal. Somebody becoming a star because of having no talent and being horribly unlikable. Not in spite of it, but because of it.
    I don't get it either, but it must come down to dollars and cents. They are printing and people are paying.

was watching Trauma in the ER and saw a commerical for the new "Kate plus 8" Turned the channel. I so hate that vial waste of human flesh

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3873127;
    What the ****! Seriously, Kate needs to get OFF THE TV SCREEN FOREVER! So sick of this women. She needs to shut up, go home, and take care of her kids without nannies and TV shows and book tours and all that crap she has been doing all their lives so far. She has plenty of money from all crap she has already done, she's just greedy for fame now.
    I think her kids are better off being raised by the nannies The less they hang out with mom and dad, the better they'll be. They have each other. Maybe eventually they will form their own production company and kick their parents off the gravy train they were brought into this world to be.

FORT Fanatic

Jon pays her $21,000 monthly in child support, and I understand she doesn't have to account how it's spent.

I don't know how long he keeps getting money from TLC.

I do not know of any divorced woman that has to account how the child support is spent.
    There's no place like home!

No one has to account for how child support is spent.

Do we know for sure that Jon pays his child support? I know he was ordered to, but there's a difference between have a court order and actually following it. Where does he get money?

+ Reply to Thread