+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Twist of Kate

Re: Twist of Kate

I wonder how much traveling this will entail? I tried to watch her on J&K + 8, but couldn't (I also didn't like the idea of kids that young being on a weekly TV show ... a couple of specials, maybe). I'll give this 100 percent pass.

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3873127;
    What the ****! Seriously, Kate needs to get OFF THE TV SCREEN FOREVER! So sick of this women. She needs to shut up, go home, and take care of her kids without nannies and TV shows and book tours and all that crap she has been doing all their lives so far. She has plenty of money from all crap she has already done, she's just greedy for fame now.
    Unfortunately she's making TLC too much money and for whatever reason many people apparently like her.

I'm pleased that the kids won't be part of this new show, as far as we know.
    If they were I might be tempted to tune in once in a while.
    If it's just Kate I'll enthusiastically watch something, anything, else.

I'm really not sure what she has to offer by way of advice to anyone really and I don't know why they'd listen.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3873268;
    Unfortunately she's making TLC too much money and for whatever reason many people apparently like her.

I'm pleased that the kids won't be part of this new show, as far as we know.
    If they were I might be tempted to tune in once in a while.
    If it's just Kate I'll enthusiastically watch something, anything, else.

I'm really not sure what she has to offer by way of advice to anyone really and I don't know why they'd listen.
    Sorry, Fluff. I've read that she's actually doing two shows: the "Twist of Kate" as well as "Kate Plus 8" showing her as a"single mom."

I don't understand her draw? Why does TLC continue to think she is "all that and a bag of chips" ? I just don't get it

Is the viewing audience allowed to projectile vomit while watching this?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Ugh!!!!!

Tapper: I honestly don't get it either. She's such a reprehensable human being in my eyes - made worse by the fact that she seems to believe she's worthy of all this attention. WHY, WHY, WHY is TLC subjecting people to this?

Krom: I only hope people won't watch. The only way to get this sad excuse of humanity to leave the tv is if the ratings are so low that no one will have her on. The sad thing is, there are those who will watch from curiousity, those who are rabid fans and those who want to see how bad she is so they can mock her. All those people translate into ratings. As long as people watch she will continue to live her woe-is-me, mani/pedi needing, mansion living, expensive hairstyle wearing, hired-help-having self poor mouthing to the world that she is a just a "poor working single mom" trying to support her children...sniff, sniff...

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't think Kate's going to be the draw she once was. I wouldn't be surprised to see the show do well at first for curiousity's sake, but her travel show where she's giving out parenting advice (?), I think will make her more of a mockery than she already is since she's going to be away from her children. Her Kate + 8 show is just exploiting her kids even more but sans the drama of Jon thought Kate's mommy skills will probably rear its ugly head again. I think it's insulting to single parents out there to say the only way to provide for 8 kids is to do it the way Kate is doing it.

Didn't Jon get an order to not show his kids on TV or did he strike a deal with TLC? Either way, he's got a leg to stand on for his custody agreement about Kate not being there for the kids. I really think only a small die hard group of Kate fans will tune in but overall I think her shows will be short term.

I for one will not be watching either show. Nor will I be dvr'ing them either. Still can't figure out if shows that are taped still count or not. So just to make sure, I will come here and read all the snark

If she does get a show where the kids are on TV again, how is that going to work out? She cannot possibly think she can just up and drag them all out of school whenever she and production feel like it. The older girls are getting to that age, they will be 10 in the fall and in the 4th grade, where missing school a lot will definitely impact their grades, etc. The younger kids will be in kindergarten full-time (finally!) as well. So I don't see where she can really make that kind of show a success.

I often wonder if the sextuplets are still sitting in those darn high chairs. Hey, there's an episode for you and TLC...Kate takes the sextuplets out to buy them real dining chairs! Or how about this.....Kate takes the children to their weekly therapy sessions....and exhausting ritual for the single mom of EIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3873375;
    I for one will not be watching either show. Nor will I be dvr'ing them either. Still can't figure out if shows that are taped still count or not. So just to make sure, I will come here and read all the snark

If she does get a show where the kids are on TV again, how is that going to work out? She cannot possibly think she can just up and drag them all out of school whenever she and production feel like it. The older girls are getting to that age, they will be 10 in the fall and in the 4th grade, where missing school a lot will definitely impact their grades, etc. The younger kids will be in kindergarten full-time (finally!) as well. So I don't see where she can really make that kind of show a success.

I often wonder if the sextuplets are still sitting in those darn high chairs. Hey, there's an episode for you and TLC...Kate takes the sextuplets out to buy them real dining chairs! Or how about this.....Kate takes the children to their weekly therapy sessions....and exhausting ritual for the single mom of EIGHT!
    I won't watch either although I'd love to know if the tups are still wearing bibs and drinking out of sippy cups.

+ Reply to Thread