+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Hoarding: Buried Alive

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Hoarding: Buried Alive

TLC - Sunday - 10 o'clock

From their website:

Hoarding goes inside the homes of extreme hoarders to explore the psychology behind their compulsion to accumulate & store large quantities of nonessential things. Each episode tells the stories of hoarders struggling with behavior that has made every day existence unbearable for both them & their loved ones. With the help of expert therapists & organizers, the hoarders will attempt to unlock the key to their obsessions in hope of reclaiming their lives.

Hoarding: Buried Alive : TLC
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Re: Hoarding: Buried Alive

I thought someone should start a thread specifically for this show. Comments on it can be found at the end of the other Hoarders thread.

Series started March 14th and shows us two individuals struggling with their compulsion to hoard anything and everything.

First episode introduced us to Chris and Laurie.

Second episode featured Judy and Jim.

Next week: Mary and Anne

Thanks Little Sew and Sew! I'll start recording this one too. How does it compare to the other Hoarders show? Similar format?

FORT Fanatic

Unlike the show on A&E, they don't show up with a convoy of trucks to carry away stuff. They are asssigned a psychologist and organizer. Seems more reasonably thought out than the A&E one. But on the other hand, it lacks a sense of urgency since items hoarded for years are not expected to be removed within two days.

Swiss is right. This show doesn't seem to be all about removing the clutter immediately, which I guess is a good thing for the participants, but if you are a viewer like me, it could make you climb the walls.

I'm all for people keeping mementos and chotchkies, but I draw the line at garbage.

The most recent episode was partially about a woman who had pizza boxes and take-out containers that she hadn't thrown out in over a year.

Keep last year's magazines and I doubt the Department of Health will be knocking on your door.

Keep last year's chicken bones . . . and yeah, cause for concern.

I couldn't watch after about 1o minutes. I was ready to crawl.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3860189;
    Unlike the show on A&E, they don't show up with a convoy of trucks to carry away stuff. They are asssigned a psychologist and organizer. Seems more reasonably thought out than the A&E one. But on the other hand, it lacks a sense of urgency since items hoarded for years are not expected to be removed within two days.
    I liked that. Instead of rush and clean for the episode, it was about the actual process itself. I was glad to see the guy at least trying. It sounded to me like they gave him some organizational avdvice that would work with his OCD. The poor woman is a mess.... seriously depressed. His place looked CLEAN compared to hers.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Are the episodes available online?
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

according to my online tv listings:

6PM Hoarding: Buried Alive
    Beyond Embarrassment First Aired: March 21, 2010

7PM Hoarding:
    Paralyzed by Clutter NEW

Hoarding: Buried Alive 10pm
    Life on Fire
    - they are showing this as new on 04/4
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

I can't honestly imagine anyone living this way. Sheesh I donate clothes that I no longer wear between seasons twice a year. If I didn't wear it this past winter it is gone & when I go through my summer clothes if I feel like I can be fairly certain I won't wear that piece of clothes this summer I will donate it too. I just don't like clutter.

Right now at work I am in the middle of purging older catalogues. Maybe I am ultra organized but I like being able to find what exact paper I needat any given moment.

Was this the show, or was it the other channle show, that this couple were overrun with cats? I have 3 cats, ok really only 2 since one cat is my sons, because I can only afford to keep & maintain 3 cats. I could not even imagine the smell of cat pee, poop & dead cats.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast