+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Hoarding: Buried Alive

FORT Fanatic

Re: Hoarding: Buried Alive

On the latest show, I felt so sorry for the mother who could not wipe out painful memories of her awful childhood of being beaten by her (so called) father and witnessing her mother being beaten as well. She clearly needs psychological help with that before anything else. I know her mother felt badly, but she didn't do much in helping her kids when they were young from this abuser (although judging by her age there were not special groups to help families back then, plus we are not privvy to everything that went on in the family anyway, so I don't judge.) I am surprised though, with as much food as there was outdated and just sitting everywhere, why the lack of bugs? No mice or bugs were mentioned or shown. I'm surprised at that. This was the 'cleannest' hoarder/mess I have seen so far on this show. Her son doesn't appear to want to go back home, but by watching his mom, she has a lot of issues. Very weird. Sad.

Anyone know what happened to the "real" Hoarders show that airs on A&E???? I thought it was supposed to start on August 13th.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

According to the A&E website, Hoarders starts back August 26th with an episode called Debra & Patty.

Debra has filled her house with an avalanche of clothes and run up a $50,000 credit card debt. Fed up, her husband and children are threatening to leave her to wallow in the hoard by herself. Meanwhile, Patty has stuffed her house with so many floor-to-ceiling cardboard boxes that she's had to move to her son's apartment. But now she's filling up that place, too, and the situation has already forced her son's partner to say, "Keep the heap - I'm leaving!"

Hoarders - Episode Guide - Season 6 - aetv.com

By the way, if you could post your comments about Hoarders in its own thread, that would be great. It gets confusing to me when both shows are on and people are talking about episodes from both shows in one thread. I bumped the other thread up to make it easier to find.
    Last edited by pikachu; 08-22-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Heard on the news tonight that some of the crew on this TLC show were taken ill after helping clean out one of the houses on the show.
    At first they thought it was the Hantavirus from rats. They all tested positive on the first test for it and then negative on the second test. The doctor said it was a False/Positive result.
    I don't know but that just sounds odd to me...all 3 had a false positive result? Then all 3 had a negative result.
    I smell a rat...with or without the virus.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Bumping this up since they recently started airing new episodes.

Look for it on Wednesday nights at 10pm.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I watched an episode last night that really broke my heart. The woman was living in a camper on her property as her house was full (as was the camper). there were roaches everywhere, dog poo.... I felt so terrible for her. Her neighbor who had complained came over to see the house and told her she was too good to live like that. It was obvious the woman was clinically depressed. They cleaned up and when they came back 6 weeks later, the house was still clean and she looked so much happier. I hope it keeps.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I watched it too. I hope it "keeps" too, but I honestly feel that the woman wasn't just a hoarder, but also had mental illness. The way she kept petting the deer head and then kissed it? She smiled alot and spoke in a slow, calm voice among the chaos. Sometimes I wonder why family members allow their own to be filmed. You can certainly get help without being on camera.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I watched an episode last night that really broke my heart. The woman was living in a camper on her property as her house was full (as was the camper). there were roaches everywhere, dog poo.... I felt so terrible for her. Her neighbor who had complained came over to see the house and told her she was too good to live like that. It was obvious the woman was clinically depressed. They cleaned up and when they came back 6 weeks later, the house was still clean and she looked so much happier. I hope it keeps.

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    I watched it too. I hope it "keeps" too, but I honestly feel that the woman wasn't just a hoarder, but also had mental illness. The way she kept petting the deer head and then kissed it? She smiled alot and spoke in a slow, calm voice among the chaos. Sometimes I wonder why family members allow their own to be filmed. You can certainly get help without being on camera.
    Maybe sometimes you can't afford help. Mental health care isn't cheap... maybe this was the only way to get it?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

TLC is running a little marathon right now and OMG. So many bugs and vermin. ICK. I think that's one of the major differences between this show and Hoarding. The people on this show seem to have more issues with bugs and mice and rats than they do on Hoarding. There's a woman on right now who literally can't take one step in her house that's on the actual floor. In some rooms, there's so much stuff that when she goes into the room, she has to duck to get through the door.

If nothing else, watching this show inspired a little cleaning spree in my house!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Is there another thread for this show? I'll post here anyway. Lately, instead of being entertained, I actually am sick to my stomach watching this show. The hoarders, IMHO, are mentally ill. They all seem to talk real slow, softly and with hesitation. It's been driving me crazy. If my parents or grandparents were exhibiting this type of behavior, I'd try to get them into counseling.

+ Reply to Thread