+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police Women of Maricopa County

Re: Police Women of Maricopa County

I miss this one every time...

What's with the pink handcuffs?
    Not to start and argument or anything, but aren't they a little sexist? I don't see the male cops using baby blue cuffs.
    Other than that, I agree that Broward county was better, but Maricopa isn't bad. Love the landscape scenes.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

I live in Maricopa County. This is an excerpt from the Sheriff's Office website:

Another program Arpaio is very well known for is the pink under shorts he makes all inmates wear. Years ago, when the Sheriff learned that inmates were stealing jailhouse white boxers, Arpaio had all inmate underwear dyed pink for better inventory control. The same is true for the Sheriff’s handcuffs. When they started disappearing, he ordered pink handcuffs as a replacement. And later, when the Sheriff learned the calming, psychological effects of the color pink—sheets, towels, socks— everything inmates wear, except for the old-fashioned black and white striped uniform, were dyed pink.

Joe Arpaio loves the media. And most of the residents of Maricopa County love him. Our prisoners don't get to have Playboy magazines, and the only TV channels they can watch are C-Span and the Disney Channel. Joe prides himself on how inexpensively he can feed prisoners ("green bologna is NOT poisonous"), and the less dangerous ones are housed in huge tents with fans - not air conditioned. Joe figures if our troops in Iran/Iraq don't have air conditioning, neither should prisoners. Of equal success and notoriety are his chain gangs, which contribute thousands of dollars of free labor to the community. The male chain gang, and the world’s first-ever female and juvenile chain gangs, clean streets, paint over graffiti, and bury the indigent in the county cemetery.

And if folks think that treating prisoners this way is demeaning, he offers the option of NOT breaking the law in Maricopa County. No apologies from Sheriff Joe.

I do like his approach and attitude

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3879596;
    I live in Maricopa County. This is an excerpt from the Sheriff's Office website:

Another program Arpaio is very well known for is the pink under shorts he makes all inmates wear. Years ago, when the Sheriff learned that inmates were stealing jailhouse white boxers, Arpaio had all inmate underwear dyed pink for better inventory control. The same is true for the Sheriff’s handcuffs. When they started disappearing, he ordered pink handcuffs as a replacement. And later, when the Sheriff learned the calming, psychological effects of the color pink—sheets, towels, socks— everything inmates wear, except for the old-fashioned black and white striped uniform, were dyed pink.

Joe Arpaio loves the media. And most of the residents of Maricopa County love him. Our prisoners don't get to have Playboy magazines, and the only TV channels they can watch are C-Span and the Disney Channel. Joe prides himself on how inexpensively he can feed prisoners ("green bologna is NOT poisonous"), and the less dangerous ones are housed in huge tents with fans - not air conditioned. Joe figures if our troops in Iran/Iraq don't have air conditioning, neither should prisoners. Of equal success and notoriety are his chain gangs, which contribute thousands of dollars of free labor to the community. The male chain gang, and the world’s first-ever female and juvenile chain gangs, clean streets, paint over graffiti, and bury the indigent in the county cemetery.

And if folks think that treating prisoners this way is demeaning, he offers the option of NOT breaking the law in Maricopa County. No apologies from Sheriff Joe.

Cool. Thank you for the info. An intelligent answer to an expensive problem.
    Wish our sherrif and police chiefs were more like Joe.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Tonight's show:

Police Women of Maricopa County
    Apr 22, 9:00 pm
    (60 minutes)
    Police Women of Maricopa County
    Just Another Day in the Life
    TV-PG (L), CC

Kelly arrests a husband and wife on a techno warrant; Deb pulls over a quirky character who invites her back to his home for a night of music and dancing; Amie helps an overwrought mom in need; and Lindsey captures an alleged counterfeiting cat-lover.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3883672;
    . . . Lindsey captures an alleged counterfeiting cat-lover.
    Loved her comment that this guy was probably going to be the only person who smells better coming out of jail than he did going in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12