+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Finding Your Roots (PBS) and other genealogy shows

Re: Finding Your Roots (PBS) and other genealogy shows

Quote Originally Posted by mika06 View Post
    Finding Your Roots has been Renewed for Season 4 to premiere October 3rd on PBS details here:

PBS Announces Fall 2017 Schedule | Business Wire
    Finally! I've missed it.

Momrek, you can watch past seasons on Amazon video.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Glad we finally have a premiere date. I saw an interview with Scarlett Johansson a while back talking about her participation in the new season, but I couldn't find anything about when the season premiered. Looking forward to it!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PBS released the episode summaries for the new season: Season 4 Episode Guide | About | Finding Your Roots

The first episode is next Tuesday!
    Punkin, Miss_Griss and dreamonia like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

People magazine has a fun sneak peak at the new Finding Your Roots season.

WATCH: Larry David and Bernie Sanders Learn They're Related

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

That was a cool moment in a really enjoyable episode! They both seemed really tickled by the connection. I'm not a huge Larry David fan, but I found him quite likeable in this context. Crazy that he didn't even know his mother's real name!

I loved the episode of Faces of America when it was revealed that Yo-Yo Ma and Eva Longoria were cousins! Oh, and weren't Meryl Streep and Mike Nichols related too?

One of the things I like about this show over WDYTYA is the themes for each episode and that it's not only about the person whose tree is being researched, but also about a larger story. Oh, and I also like that it's not just performers. I enjoy the politicians and writers and other public figures just as much, sometimes more. I hope they continue with the DNA testing in each episode. I think it definitely adds to the whole picture.
    Punkin, Miss_Griss and navybelle like this.

I really enjoy this show, too. I like that they add the DNA testing to it. It was interesting to learn about their families. What a lot of tragic things their relatives went through.

Just popped in to bump the thread and say how much I love this show. Perfect balance between personal and being able to relate to fellow mankind.
    Punkin likes this.
    In the beginning was the WORD. Without definition there was nothing. We define the words.

Yes, it's very well done. I'm a big fan.

Thanks for the reminder. I have to go watch it at the PBS site, and I've been forgetting to do so.

I'm still playing catch up....trying to watch this week's episode with Bryant Gumbel et al. I did notice during the episode featuring John Turturro, Scarlett Johanssen and Paul Rudd, that there were no DNA tests performed or any matches between any of the subjects like in previous weeks. Curious.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

+ Reply to Thread