+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seinfeld's The Marriage Ref

Re: Seinfeld's The Marriage Ref

I enjoyed the episode last night. The lady with the Formal dining room that is off limits to everyone until thanksgiving was hilarious. I remember my mom being that way. You did not dare step foot in her formal dining room until a holiday occurred. lol

I think people are under the assumption the celebs are giving real marital advice. They are not. They are settling a who is right/wrong argument between man and wife. It is not meant to be serious.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22;3848349;
    I watched 15 minutes of this and then had to stop. It was painful. The couple I watched seemed to be doing an act for the camera. The husband looked like he wanted to smile and start laughing everytime he said something.
    Eva Longoria has the worst cackle ever. Her act of always siding with the women grew tired very quick.
    Tina Fey was somewhat funny but she really was working with nothing. Jerry, eh. He had some really horrible lines that people laughed at just because he was Jerry.
    Tom Papa was unbelievably uncomfortable. All of his jokes and comments fell flat and his "ruling" thing was such hack comedy.
    There was a point where they looked up the origins of "dust" on the computer. This is what NBC has become?
    What a waste of a brilliant comedienne. She looked like she was forcing a smile while thinking, "What am I doing on this awful show?" This fiasco would not have seen the light of day if Jerry Seinfeld weren't associated with it. He can get top celebs to appear, like Madonna next week. Combining her with Larry David and Ricky Gervais could be very entertaining if they can pull it off.

Okay. I disagreed with the first judgment. He was neglecting his kids to get his tootsies cleaned! That is a problem! But the wife should accept his style for better or for worse!
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

I agree. I was completely on the wifes side on that one. She needs to be attracted to her man in order to have some "shnookie" The girls on The Jersey Shore might be attracted to that, but SHE isn't. And I wouldn't be either. Plus....he was putting it in front of his children. Thats just out of control!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I love Jerry Seinfeld. This is not his best effort. In fact, not really even a good effort. I think NBC would throw anything thing out there with his name on it right now - but even Jerry won't be able to save this sinking ship. It's a goner.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3849251;
    I love Jerry Seinfeld. This is not his best effort. In fact, not really even a good effort. I think NBC would throw anything thing out there with his name on it right now - but even Jerry won't be able to save this sinking ship. It's a goner.
    ITA, this will not last long at all. I watched both shows and like I said before, the celebrities bring nothing to this show, it is the couples I find hysterical.
    KAREN

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Yeah, I don't think it will last long either. Does anyone else find the host completely annoying?
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fogey

TV critics have really panned it for the most part. I wonder if Jerry has a contract for a certain number of episodes. I'll watch the next one just for the entertainment value (I hope, or perhaps that's too optimistic) of seeing Madonna and Larry David interact, but then I can't imagine watching again after that unless perhaps Dr. Ruth is on the panel.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123