+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seinfeld's The Marriage Ref

Re: Seinfeld's The Marriage Ref

Did you see the previews. Seinfeld has friends in high places. Madonna is scheduled to be one of the judges & alot of other big names too! I thought it was okay and would watch if there was nothing else on.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

Quote Originally Posted by law638;3843482;
    Did you see the previews. Seinfeld has friends in high places. Madonna is scheduled to be one of the judges & alot of other big names too! I thought it was okay and would watch if there was nothing else on.
    I would not take marriage advice from her!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

I think that's what adds to the humor ... severely marriage-challenged celebs like Alec Baldwin and Madonna judging and giving advice.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3841397;
    I find Seinfeld involved in this funny. Didn't his wife dump her then-husband after her honeymoon after she met him?
    Yep, Seinfeld's wife was just back from her honeymoon when she met Seinfeld at the gym, and a week or so later dumped her husband for Seinfeld. Her ex-husband's family is big in the NY theatre business - the ex just got remarried last year - to a psychiatrist! [It's kind of sad that my brain retains this stupid info!]

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;3845488;
    Yep, Seinfeld's wife was just back from her honeymoon when she met Seinfeld at the gym, and a week or so later dumped her husband for Seinfeld. Her ex-husband's family is big in the NY theatre business - the ex just got remarried last year - to a psychiatrist! [It's kind of sad that my brain retains this stupid info!]
    Not for nothing, but I met Mr. Rattus the week after I got back from my first honeymoon. We've been married for 23 years. Sometimes you just know right off the bat that the first one isn't going to work out.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3845504;
    Not for nothing, but I met Mr. Rattus the week after I got back from my first honeymoon. We've been married for 23 years. Sometimes you just know right off the bat that the first one isn't going to work out.
    And sometimes you know right off the bat that the 1st one won't have as much money as the 2nd one will.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3845504;
    I'm glad it worked out for you and you're happy!

I thought the 2 couples were hysterical. They were so much funnier than the celebrities.

Baldwin, who I generally do not care for...I thought he was kinda funny, the MC, naaa, Jerry, naaa, and Kelly Ripa, why was she even there...
    KAREN

FORT Fanatic

I watched 15 minutes of this and then had to stop. It was painful. The couple I watched seemed to be doing an act for the camera. The husband looked like he wanted to smile and start laughing everytime he said something.
    Eva Longoria has the worst cackle ever. Her act of always siding with the women grew tired very quick.
    Tina Fey was somewhat funny but she really was working with nothing.
    Jerry, eh. He had some really horrible lines that people laughed at just because he was Jerry.
    Tom Papa was unbelievably uncomfortable. All of his jokes and comments fell flat and his "ruling" thing was such hack comedy.
    There was a point where they looked up the origins of "dust" on the computer. This is what NBC has become?

Yikes. I'm glad that I didn't hear of this new show in time to catch it! I usually don't let reviews color my decision whether to view something, but this one doesn't sound good at all. Kelly R. would be enough to turn it off.

But I love the "Seinfeld" show. It was magical; the melding of the creative sparks of so many people created a phenomonen.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast