+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Undercover Boss CBS

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Undercover Boss CBS

Quote Originally Posted by grapenuts;3832062;
    I just have to wonder how much of this stuff if done for the show. Jimbo was awful, but when he was telling the girls about the beans competition he was going to have them do, they all seemed shocked by it. That makes me think it's not a regular thing he does or why would they seem so surprised by it.
    I thought it was a reaction of dread...as in, "Oh no...not again..." and "I can't believe he's doing this with this camera here..."

Everybody should just refuse the degredation; that would shock Mr. Stupid.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3831762;
    Yes I have a friend who's daughter worked for Hooters while attending college. If you can't fit the uniform you didn't get hired.
    I realize you have to "fit in the uniform," but I just was unsure of the actual size of the tees. I'm petite, and have a smaller (but proportionate) chest size, and I sometimes have difficulty fitting into a small t shirt, let alone an XXS. Most of these girls have double the chest size that I do, so I thought the sizes might be "cheating" a bit. I've seen size "small" t shirts that were definitely larger, and seemed to be more of an actual "medium." Some companies "cheat" like that. Anyway, I realize you must be a certain "fit" to work at Hooters.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3831749;
    As far as finding a larger size t-shirt for the CEO, they have those is all sizes for their other staff, and they're sold in their stores to customers. The Hooters' uniform (the tank top, shorts, etc) is for the 'Hooters Girls' only, and from what I've been told, they do only come in those small sizes cc mentioned.
    I forgot about the shirts for other staff/customers. You're right.

ETA: Looked at the pic, and saw that the waitresses had v-neck tees, and the CEO had a "regular" tee.
    Last edited by daiseyo; 02-18-2010 at 01:34 PM.

Kiz

"NFL1: So, 7-11 up next week, has anyone heard what other companies will be represented?"

Episode list from Wikipedia:

Ep# Airdate Company Boss
    1 2/7/2010 Waste Management, Inc Larry O'Donnell, President & COO[3]
    2 2/14/2010 Hooters, Inc Coby G. Brooks, President & CEO[4]
    3 2/21/2010 7-Eleven Joseph M. DePinto, President & CEO[5]
    4 TBA White Castle Dave Rife, Owner & Executive Board Member[6]
    5 TBA Churchill Downs, Inc. William C. Carstanjen, President & COO[7]
    Undercover Boss - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by Kiz; 02-18-2010 at 02:07 PM.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3832252;

ETA: Looked at the pic, and saw that the waitresses had v-neck tees, and the CEO had a "regular" tee.
    I wonder if the v-neck tee is one of their regular uniforms options, or if they wore them on the street rather than the tank tops for modesty. lol

I've been to Hooters a few times, and I was never that impressed with the food. The wings were only so so, imo. However, the last time, there was a hair in my chicken sandwich, and I have an incredible phobia about hair in my food. I'm basically gagging writing this post. It was horrible. That was it for me, although, I'd like to go into Jimbo's restaurant and kick his butt for the way he treated those women.

On the other hand, I knew a young woman, through my niece, who was on the Hooters magazine cover, and she ended up with a pretty nice career there.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

They're not really cheating on sizes they are legit small's. They are stretchy however and with the ample chested ladies are stretched with in an inch of their life in many cases. Same with those shorts they wear. If you have any booty you are pouring yourself into them. Which goes back to my annoyance with him totally not recognizing the women in these smaller shirts tearing the seams. Here's something he could fixed and given the women at least that shred of dignity and he didn't even address it. Like he didn't even care. If you're going to insist on them being in those small clothes at least construct them so they don't fall apart.

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3828814;
    I have no real issue with Hooters, the women chose to work there and they know what they are in for before they start. I only wish there was an equivalent restaurant with scantily clan male waiters and lots of cheesecake!.
    I always figured the equivalent of Hooters would be a restaurant called "Peckers." We would have men in skimpy outfits and the mascot would be a woodpecker. It would be great to get the licensing for "Woody the Woodpecker." The problem would be that women would go once just out of curiosity. It might be a hit among gay men, though.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FranSeaLou;3832795;
    I always figured the equivalent of Hooters would be a restaurant called "Peckers."
    Too funny.

FORT Fan

The Hooters episode was a big disappointment, especially coming on the heels of the great Waste Management show. The Hooters CEO didn't seem interested in real change. All he wants to do is change people's perception of Hooters, and of him. I didn't see any really good improvements. And that namby pamby way he spoke to Jimbo?:nono:nono

The hooters one was the only one I watched and I probably won't watch again. I was looking for organizational change. Or changes and that would affect a greater number of people than sending a manager on vacation, putting some waitresses in print ads, walking around a plant and slapping another manager on the wrist basically. What change did he actually do? Nothing. And what new information did he learn?

+ Reply to Thread