+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Undercover Boss CBS

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Undercover Boss CBS

It's good to see that the waitress won her case. Just because you make a person sign a document that you think is designed to cover your illegal, bad practices does not mean that you will prevail in court. More women should stand up, and hold their feet to the fire. You can't let these clowns out here buffalo you, but you've got to have a backbone to see it through.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree prhoshay. More of them should stand up. All of those women in Jimbo's place should have stood up. But I'm seeing an underlying culture from the top down which basically states that behavior is ok. It's so ingrained in the culture it was even in a orientation manual. So, even though this was a few years ago, I still lost a lot of respect for the CEO who was basically talking out of both sides of mouth when talking about treating their best commodity great but then letting this culture survive by way of Jimbo. And like I said I took his executive group's comment about doing some training as an indicator that this is a widespread problem in those eateries. That and I lost the respect about him not doing a simple fix with those uniforms so those with big chests didn't have to worry about them tearing apart the uniform.

FORT Fogey

I think the waitress was being a bit facetious when she mentioned the shirt sizes were XS, XXS, and XXXS, and Coby did manage to fit into one of the tshirts, so I'm sure there are some medium/large size shirts. Yes, the other waitress mentioned she tore the seams of her shirt, but again, I think they were both being facetious. The shirts are tight, and they show lots of cleavage, but that's part of the uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3830129;
    Make stance. It stands to reason that there are more out there like Jimbo.

Okay, I am an idiot...I just noticed this one. Must not have had my coffee yet. Makes sense is what I meant.

As for the "sexual harrassment" paper, I am betting management is not included. They probably have to be okay with customers catcalling but not management.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3831622;
    I think the waitress was being a bit facetious when she mentioned the shirt sizes were XS, XXS, and XXXS, and Coby did manage to fit into one of the tshirts, so I'm sure there are some medium/large size shirts. Yes, the other waitress mentioned she tore the seams of her shirt, but again, I think they were both being facetious. The shirts are tight, and they show lots of cleavage, but that's part of the uniform.
    No she's not kidding. If you decide to work at Hooters you must fit into XXXS, XS or S uniforms. There are no other sizes. I had a friend that worked there as a waitress for awhile. That was the basis for another issue not so long ago with waitresses that had difficulty fitting into the shorts without all their junk showing and they were let go because they did not meet the aesthetic. It was determined that Hooters allowed to let people go because they do not fit into the uniforms. Having messed around with the hooters shirts they are not well constructed and can fall apart quite easily with that much pressure on the seams.

Kiz

As far as finding a larger size t-shirt for the CEO, they have those is all sizes for their other staff, and they're sold in their stores to customers. The Hooters' uniform (the tank top, shorts, etc) is for the 'Hooters Girls' only, and from what I've been told, they do only come in those small sizes cc mentioned.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Yes I have a friend who's daughter worked for Hooters while attending college. If you can't fit the uniform you didn't get hired.

I go to Hooters for the wings and the happy hour. I went to a Hooters in Hampton VA while staying in a hotel and it was fantastic. The place had a party atmosphere and people of all types ate there.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I just have to wonder how much of this stuff if done for the show. Jimbo was awful, but when he was telling the girls about the beans competition he was going to have them do, they all seemed shocked by it. That makes me think it's not a regular thing he does or why would they seem so surprised by it.

It may not be a favorite of mine, but I do like this show.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

FORT Fogey

So, 7-11 up next week, has anyone heard what other companies will be represented?

+ Reply to Thread