+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Undercover Boss CBS

FORT Fogey

Re: Undercover Boss CBS

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3830312;
    I've never been, but I am curious about their wings about which people RAVE! I just HATE where they are! I hear they have a pretty strong management program.
    They have a 'To Go' menu. I've only been there once, and it didn't bother me. Our waitress seemed sweet, and she was just as attentive to me, as she was to my guy friend (i.e. making sure I had refills on water, etc.). It was during a slow afternoon timeslot, which might be the best time to go, if you're unsure.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3830312;
    If it's anything like where I worked, you couldn't fire a person that quickly. You had to make them aware of the problem, and then proceed with progressive disciplinary actions, and possibly remedial training in an attempt to correct their behavior. The steps don't go on forever. First you'd get a written warning, then a written reprimand, then the suspension days would begin and, ultimately, termination. They had to be able to see it coming in order to improve their behavior.

You also spend a considerable amount of money getting people trained for positions, so you don't want to "throw the baby out with the bathwater" if you can help it. Jimbo deserves a sexual harassment suit, if somebody actually had the nerve to bring one. If found guilty, that could get him booted out "immediately", but who knows how long that might be and what retaliation that might incur....which is a battle within itself. A lot of women might knuckle-under to this pressure.

Unfortunately, Hooters is Hooters, and they have a history which hasn't stopped people from bringing families into the establishment. I've never been, but I am curious about their wings about which people RAVE! I just HATE where they are! I hear they have a pretty strong management program.
    I was searching for the class action lawsuit history of Hooters online and stumbled on a form the ladies sign when they start basically agreeing that they will accept sexual harassment as part of their work place. I lost a nugget of respect for the CEO after finding that as well...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think I would challenge the legality of that form.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It was challenged I believe but I think the outcome is that essentially these ladies are working one step above a strip club and with that kind of environment one must accept the cat calls, sexual comments etc.

Kiz

Does that include sexual harassment from management though, if you can tell? I can understand that there's an expectation of some sexual "frivolity" given the restaurant's name and innuendo, but I'd be surprised that management has the right to require "reindeer games" for time off work.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Exactly.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I would think part of their inability to win a lawsuit, is they chose to work there, knowing the type of uniform. Just guessing, not right, but probably reality.
    There's no place like home!

I doubt reindeer games is explicitly included but "joking" between employees and management would be not just patrons. Which means anyone of them can go "It was just a joke." And it's covered under the waiver.

I went to find their agreement again. It states harassment isn't allowed but then back peddles in the next paragraph where it states that there is joking and innuendo which can be construed as harassment. Which is essentially what their defense in court would be if there was a harassment issue.

The Smoking Gun: Archive

I also found an old lawsuit about sexual harassment there. Which still makes me wonder if anything actually ever changed there with the comments that they made on the show or if they are aware that there is an ongoing problem with management etc.

Sex On Menu At Hooters? - April 14, 2006

Kiz

Thanks for the links, cc. It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall when the office has their talk with Jimbo. In light of the accusations against Hooters for sexual harassment, the last thing they needed was to have a network highlight some sleazy manager compel waitresses to race to suck a plate of baked beans in an effort to win the afternoon off. Maybe Jimbo's always puts it all out there, but I'd be willing to bet that his antics out of view of the camera is worse.

Here's a link I found to another Hooters' sexual harassment lawsuit that mentions the "CYA" document the women sign when employed by Hooter's you mentioned earlier.

Jury Returns Verdict In Hooters Harassment Case
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

+ Reply to Thread