+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Undercover Boss CBS

Re: Undercover Boss CBS

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3828814;
    I have no real issue with Hooters, the women chose to work there and they know what they are in for before they start. I only wish there was an equivalent restaurant with scantily clan male waiters and lots of cheesecake!.
    you can go to one they Called Male Strip clubs!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3829159;
    Did you notice when Coby met with his Executive team afterwards, and filled them in on Jimbo, that one of the executives stated something like, "We can offer retraining, speaking from a legal perspective." I think they were already anticipating a possible legal suit.
    I kind of took that comment to mean that the executives are aware of a more widespread problem amongst the managers.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3830115;
    I kind of took that comment to mean that the executives are aware of a more widespread problem amongst the managers.
    Make stance. It stands to reason that there are more out there like Jimbo.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

The Hooters that Dumbo...err, Jimbo works at is within walking distance from me. Mr. Holly wants to go see if he still works there!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If it's anything like where I worked, you couldn't fire a person that quickly. You had to make them aware of the problem, and then proceed with progressive disciplinary actions, and possibly remedial training in an attempt to correct their behavior. The steps don't go on forever. First you'd get a written warning, then a written reprimand, then the suspension days would begin and, ultimately, termination. They had to be able to see it coming in order to improve their behavior.

You also spend a considerable amount of money getting people trained for positions, so you don't want to "throw the baby out with the bathwater" if you can help it. Jimbo deserves a sexual harassment suit, if somebody actually had the nerve to bring one. If found guilty, that could get him booted out "immediately", but who knows how long that might be and what retaliation that might incur....which is a battle within itself. A lot of women might knuckle-under to this pressure.

Unfortunately, Hooters is Hooters, and they have a history which hasn't stopped people from bringing families into the establishment. I've never been, but I am curious about their wings about which people RAVE! I just HATE where they are! I hear they have a pretty strong management program.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I love this show! All the big CEO's of companys should do this and see what it's like 'on the other side'. I can't understand why Jimbo wasn't fired either. I hope they follow up on this guy and make sure he got the message and is doing a better job.

FORT Fogey

I wondered why - at the end - we didn't have a view of his walking through the plant revisiting some of the old timers who knew the dad.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;3830185;
    The Hooters that Dumbo...err, Jimbo works at is within walking distance from me. Mr. Holly wants to go see if he still works there!

Yes, get all the details and report back!!!!
    KAREN

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;3830185;
    Please allow Mr. Holly to go there, once, under supervision, to find out.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3830115;
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3830129;
    Make stance. It stands to reason that there are more out there like Jimbo.
    Agreed.

+ Reply to Thread