+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Undercover Boss CBS

FORT Fogey

Re: Undercover Boss CBS

Hope Jimbo gets fired for any small infraction (like wearing a shirt that doesn't match his pants, or using a swear word!)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was fully expecting Jimbo to just quit. He had his arms crossed in a "how dare you criticize me" manner. I would have been happy to stay there just to spite him rather than do that baked bean slurp challenge. What a pig!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3828984;
    Oh course not, Jimbo was an ass who should have been fired IMHO. That was an exception, not the norm. I meant in a typical situation, like the others Hooters they showed with a proper manager.
    I don't think the ladies expect to sign up for "reindeer games" but it is obvious you will be working there in hideous tights and tiny little outfits.

I did have a large laugh when the waitresses took him out to the street and mentioned the small or extra small outfits. Was that not the basis of a lawsuit not that long ago? And after htat one mentioned she broke her seams in the bust area often I would have thought one of his remedies for that would be more shirt size options or something for the people working there so they didn't have to worry about their shirt splitting down the side while waitressing. Silly me, of course he wouldn't fix something like that that is well with in his power to fix. That really bothered me too last night. So I kind of felt at that point he was talking otu of both sides of his mouth. He's saying stuff about respecting the women, making it family dining, and then he has these ladies one stitch away from their chest escaping from their outfits but apparently doesn't feel the need to address that.

And it's family dining but food quality didn't seem to be as big of a concern as the ladies were.

Jimbo could easily be the target of some sort of sexual harassment case with how he once overed those waitresses. And if I was the CEO I certainly wouldn't want to have that kind of bad press lurking right around the corner.

I think the only reason Jimbo (the dirtbag) wasn't fired or hasn't been fired YET is because the legal team probably told Coby not to do it on camera. I'm sure there's some way that Jimbo would come up with a 'wrongful termination' suit. They are probably looking for any excuse to be rid of him now.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3829066;
    I think the only reason Jimbo (the dirtbag) wasn't fired or hasn't been fired YET is because the legal team probably told Coby not to do it on camera. I'm sure there's some way that Jimbo would come up with a 'wrongful termination' suit. They are probably looking for any excuse to be rid of him now.
    Awww, I bet you are so right.

JIMBO =
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3829066;
    Did you notice when Coby met with his Executive team afterwards, and filled them in on Jimbo, that one of the executives stated something like, "We can offer retraining, speaking from a legal perspective." I think they were already anticipating a possible legal suit.

AND did anyone notice at the very end when they had the employee rally outside the HOOTERS headquarters....they did NOT show any footage from JIMBO's restaurant....they skipped right over his....hmmm....
    KAREN

Couldn't franchising be an issue here also? Not sure how it works, but ol' Jimbo may be the son of the person who owns that particular Hooters restaurant. Can headquaters dictate who can and cannot work at an independently owned and operated restaurant? They probably have something in the contracts that gives them some level of power in protecting the brand name but they probably have to take the time to find if they even have any power in the situation at all. Surely they cannot fire and employee from a restaurant they don't really "own".
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3829247;
    Couldn't franchising be an issue here also? Not sure how it works, but ol' Jimbo may be the son of the person who owns that particular Hooters restaurant. Can headquaters dictate who can and cannot work at an independently owned and operated restaurant? They probably have something in the contracts that gives them some level of power in protecting the brand name but they probably have to take the time to find if they even have any power in the situation at all. Surely they cannot fire and employee from a restaurant they don't really "own".
    I bet they can. Even if it is a franchise it is still the Hooters name and ultimately the corporate image is what stands to be tarnished. I know 7-11 is that way with it's franchisees.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

If that is indeed the case it makes me wonder why he wasn't let go. That did more to tarnish the "Hooters image" than women in skimpy clothing. It just gave us the image of what many had thought the atmosphere at a Hooters would be. Men demeaning women and women left to take it in order to keep their jobs. They came out looking really poorly last night.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread