+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Undercover Boss CBS

Re: Undercover Boss CBS

DH & I ate at a HOOTERS just this weekend. It was my first time. It was delicious. We had wings and fries.

Jimbo is an idiot.
    KAREN

For some reason I just don't think Jimbo learned a thing from his "talking to" in the office there. And I don't believe he changed one bit when he went back to his store. As for Hooters in general. I figure if women choose to work there that is their business. They are going to make much much better tips there than in any average bar/eatery because of their outfits. I've eaten there and didn't find the food that great but they're not exactly marketing their food.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I have no real issue with Hooters, the women chose to work there and they know what they are in for before they start. I only wish there was an equivalent restaurant with scantily clan male waiters and lots of cheesecake!.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3828792;
    For some reason I just don't think Jimbo learned a thing from his "talking to" in the office there. And I don't believe he changed one bit when he went back to his store. As for Hooters in general. I figure if women choose to work there that is their business. They are going to make much much better tips there than in any average bar/eatery because of their outfits. I've eaten there and didn't find the food that great but they're not exactly marketing their food.
    I bet his bosses are watching him alot more closely, though.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fanatic

We laughed so hard at “Scotty” and how he had NO idea that people think hooters degrades women. What rock does he live under? Sure wish everyone would stop calling the women “girls”….are they 12 yrs old? Nothing like fatboy jimbo ragging on the women about their looks. He sure didn’t get the “talking to” that I was expecting. Scotty lives and works in Atlanta, and hasn’t visited his factory in ?? 16 ?? years? Wonder what the guy he was working with at the factory was thinking…new guy with camera crew comes to work with him, and all new guy wants to talk about is the previous and current owner? Hmmm…

FORT Fogey

The nerve of Jimbo trying to defend his actions to the CEO & President during their one-on-one! What an a$$. Such a disgusting individual. I noticed a wedding band on his finger, and I can only imagine how he treats his wife. The credits at the end state he formally apologized, but I think most of us doubt how genuine it could be, and if it changed his behavior. At least he was outed as being the that he is.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3828699;
    Can't wait for next week. I used to work at 7-11 and I would love to see the boss have to put up with the crap we did. I especially would love to see him work grocery delivery, trying to get everything put away and wait on customers in an 8 hour shift.
    I saw the 7-Eleven CEO on Oprah, a couple of weeks ago.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    A very generous surprise is in store for one of the employees.

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3828814;
    I have no real issue with Hooters, the women chose to work there and they know what they are in for before they start.
    What do you mean by that? They certainly did not sign up for any "reindeer games". Jimbo is a complete jerk. Period.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;3828889;
    We laughed so hard at “Scotty” and how he had NO idea that people think hooters degrades women. What rock does he live under? Sure wish everyone would stop calling the women “girls”….are they 12 yrs old? Nothing like fatboy jimbo ragging on the women about their looks. He sure didn’t get the “talking to” that I was expecting. Scotty lives and works in Atlanta, and hasn’t visited his factory in ?? 16 ?? years? Wonder what the guy he was working with at the factory was thinking…new guy with camera crew comes to work with him, and all new guy wants to talk about is the previous and current owner? Hmmm…
    JMHO, but I don't think he felt that way. I think he just didn't realize to what extent that some people feel Hooters is degrading, and when he came face to face with the public's reaction (when they were giving out free samples), I think it just kind of jarred him. At the beginning of the episode he mentioned how the Hooters name is their biggest strength, yet at the same time their greatest weakness.

Regarding referring to women as "girls," I don't think there's any ill meaning behind it. It's similar to referring to men as "guys." Not saying I think it's "right," but I think it's maybe just part of the vernacular; "girls & guys."

Also, I wish they could have chosen two other Hooters waitresses to highlight. IMO, I think they reinforced the less-than-bright stereotype. The Assistant Manager, however, was great! Loved her.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3828935;
    What do you mean by that? They certainly did not sign up for any "reindeer games". Jimbo is a complete jerk. Period.
    Oh course not, Jimbo was an ass who should have been fired IMHO. That was an exception, not the norm. I meant in a typical situation, like the others Hooters they showed with a proper manager.

+ Reply to Thread