+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Undercover Boss CBS

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: Undercover Boss CBS

The first season, the cover story was that a documentary was being shot about someone who had been laid off trying to re-enter the workforce.

This season, they're using the two employees vying for a job.

To me, the employees seem truly surprised at the end. Some don't even recognize the CEO as the employee they worked with. And some of them seem really torn up about having to choose one "contestant" over the other for the job.

A cruise employee did recognize the CEO on that episode, and that was shown on the show. The bowling alley CEO was recognized by the parents of the franchise owner - and that was shown as well.

Ok, so I am watching the Chancellor of UCR, he seems like a nice guy, but what the heck? Here you go, I have a solution to some of your budgetary woes. Fire every Chancellor who is incompetent or befuddled and use those dollars to hire many new staff, as the Cal Tech grad who ran the chem class. Dude, you are already gone, you may not be too old, but you are a terrible example of how tax dollars are going to waste elevating people who cannot even engage the most minor tasks.

*BIG BUMP*

Is anyone still watching? I can't believe the Boston Market episode is the first one where an employee got fired! That little snot totally deserved it. I can't believe he had the nerve to whine and say it was unfair after all the crap he said with a camera on him. What an idiot!

So often this show involves businesses that I've never heard of or have never patronized. This was one of the first episodes featuring a business I love. I was glad that I liked the "boss."
    Last edited by Critical; 02-05-2013 at 10:22 PM. Reason: spelling.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I watch it depending on who the company is. Loved Boston Market, but our only one here closed many years ago. Loved seeing that kid get fired. About time. I have thought several employees should have been fired on some of the shows.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Any one else wonder if the place that hired that kid has now seen him on TV and is regretting it? After all, customers are customers...and now he's working as a hairdresser!

To the Point

We watch Undercover Boss most weeks. There have been many episodes where we were just baffled that someone didn't get fired, or at the very least seriously reprimanded. That guy on the Boston Market episode was beyond stupid in saying what he said in front of cameras to someone he did not know at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Any one else wonder if the place that hired that kid has now seen him on TV and is regretting it? After all, customers are customers...and now he's working as a hairdresser!
    I thought the follow-up just said he was thinking of applying at the local salon. My feeling is that he's not a stylist. I'd guess he'd be sweeping up hair or answering phones or something. If he was a licensed stylist, he wouldn't have been working in fast food.

I sure as hell wouldn't hire him if I saw him on this show. What a horrible attitude. I hope that, for his sake, he grows up and adjusts his attitude. Hating everything doesn't make you cool. It just makes you a jerk.

I don't watch every episode, but this is the first one I've watched, I think, where the "boss" wasn't actually the BIG BOSS. Has that happened before?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I don't watch every episode, but this is the first one I've watched, I think, where the "boss" wasn't actually the BIG BOSS. Has that happened before?
    I think maybe once or twice, but when you're offered this chance and you know you'd be recognized (i.e. have your face plastered somewhere in the store), it can factor into the decision.

Ex. If Cathy at Chick-Fil-A was offered this chance, he clearly couldn't do it because there are many photos of him around the store.

Then again - sometimes you can know the owner of the franchise and still not know - a friend of mine was in this, and she knew him and said he looked familiar inspite of the makeup. That said, she wasn't for sure, but when he was out of the makeup at the visit, she immediately called him by his character name.

They're showing the CEO of Fatburger (oh my God, I love those burgers), but the guy is a total crook! He said he did time for a bad business deal, sounding like he needed pity, but here in Portland he's known more as a crook who swindled people and flew around in a private jet. How did he get to become CEO of a big company?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    They're showing the CEO of Fatburger (oh my God, I love those burgers), but the guy is a total crook! He said he did time for a bad business deal, sounding like he needed pity, but here in Portland he's known more as a crook who swindled people and flew around in a private jet. How did he get to become CEO of a big company?
    He totally did not own that he made the bad decision that landed him in prison. He claimed it was the jealousy of those living in his small town with him. Like how dare they be envyious of what he had.

+ Reply to Thread