+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Undercover Boss CBS

FORT Fogey

Re: Undercover Boss CBS

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;4133518;
    Unfortunately, repsect seems to be a dying trait. You see people who simply don't seem to understand the basic concepts of how to treat other human beings. It's sad.

I'm surprised she allowed it, but we are living in a world where getting on to reality tv is becoming the new dream.
    I suspect she allowed it, because she saw nothing wrong with the way she was treating the customers. I think whoever was directly responsible for her training and supervision should also have had a few questions asked of him/her. I can't imagine that someone calling in hadn't asked to speak to her supervisor already, given her attitude.

This Norwegian Cruise CEO guy is annoying me. It's not him, just his voice. He sounds like he has a stuffed nose. Stupid I know, but it's annoying.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

I just watched Undercover Boss last night because we love cruising and thought it would be nice to see behind the scenes. I love when he said that his room was "like" what employees have. According to what I've been told by crew members, the only ones with single cabins are in senior positions. Someone in the positions he was working would definitely have to share a cabin - probably one about the same size as the one he had.

Those folks work hard, with long hours and not much time off, and base pay isn't anything to brag about. Hopefully, their share of tips pads that quite a bit.

I only got to see the first 10 minutes and then remembered that i had rented a DVD, so I watched it, instead.
    The CEO's voice seemed fine to me. And, I didn't notice an over amount of nasality.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I was channel surfing last night and I caught the last about 20 minutes of the show and I found it rather interesting just how emotional the guy got. But I guess when he was basically being told his idea was absolutely horrible (the wage freeze) I can see why he'd be upset. Still I'm surprised they didn't stop him from his reveal.

Ger

I really like Undercover Boss but did not know it was back on with new shows so will have to keep my eye open for it

I missed the Cruise Ship one and the last one I saw was Subway

FORT Newbie

Have watched this show since the beginning. How do they select the employees to train the bosses? Lottery? What about all of the other hard working people? They get nothing? NCL cruise guy was sort if a cold fish. I wanted to see him clean cabins! And I agree, I think that was a regular inside cabin, not a crew cabin.

The guy from Unifirst couldn't do much could he? I guess he hasn't been out from behind his executive desk for a while.

Love the show even though I think it is all staged.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Justmyluck;4157749;
    Have watched this show since the beginning. How do they select the employees to train the bosses? Lottery? What about all of the other hard working people? They get nothing? NCL cruise guy was sort if a cold fish. I wanted to see him clean cabins! And I agree, I think that was a regular inside cabin, not a crew cabin.

The guy from Unifirst couldn't do much could he? I guess he hasn't been out from behind his executive desk for a while.

Love the show even though I think it is all staged.
    Welcome, justmyluck. I love the show too. A lot of the bosses seem to be really changed by the experience. And I like the reminder that there are a whole lot of really hardworking, terrific employees out there who do jobs that are sometimes boring (and sometimes yucky) with great attitudes.

And, yeah, it is somewhat staged. It's clear the producers first interview a lot of the employees to find someone with a great story.

FORT Fan

Awwwgh.... I have watched a couple times, I watched the NCL show cause I like cruises

BUT : I am finding this show to be so formula and so predictable
    There is something so "off" about it, so fake

Every episode is the same, the "boss" makes some over the top gift to a very few employees and maybe promises some other change. It is like the chosen few win a game show or something. Making a grand gesture to one lucky employee really doesn't do much.

I doubt I will watch this again unless it is a company I have some interest in

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by estygal4 View Post
    Awwwgh.... I have watched a couple times, I watched the NCL show cause I like cruises

BUT : I am finding this show to be so formula and so predictable
    There is something so "off" about it, so fake

Every episode is the same, the "boss" makes some over the top gift to a very few employees and maybe promises some other change.
    I agree. I started watching this show when it first came on, TWO YEARS AGO! Are you trying to tell me that NONE of the employees on any of these episodes have ever seen this show that they can't figure this out by now??

It might have been a good concept for one year. But by now, I'm sure that when a group of employees hear that 2 people are vying for a job and it's being recorded, their immediate reaction is...."Here comes the boss."

I find it very ironic that every episode features someone with a hardluck story. Well who doesn't have some sort of drama in their lives? Some sort of rough time that they're dealing with?

This show (like Mantracker) has become far too predictable. And it's getting harder and harder to believe that it's all spontaneous and unscripted.

+ Reply to Thread